Introductions

Ran

Fellow Posters, Honored Moderators. A tragedy has engulfed our system which started right here with the taxation of  The Server.

Now that the last vestiges of Baratheon rule have been swept away, Westeros will appoint a new king. A Strong king.

Edited by Lord Sidious

Fellow Posters, Honored Moderators. A tragedy has engulfed our system which started right here with the taxation of  The Server.

Now that the last vestiges of Baratheon rule have been swept away, Westeros will appoint a new king. A Strong king

Hear, hear.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hi!

A few years ago I was introduced to the Game of Thrones show just before season three began, and I was immediately hooked, which is no surprise coming from a Tolkien fan (unlike ASOIAF, I'd read the books before the movies). A little while later I started reading ASOIAF, and got through the beginning of book three.

A few months ago I found this forum and also found how many details I've missed during my reading of the first two books. As of now, I've started over with book one, this time taking notes and highlighting bits that stand out. It's amazing how many details and clues there are on every page! I'm definitely enjoying the books much more now, and I hope to participate quite a lot on this forum since I've restarted this journey.

Hi!

A few years ago I was introduced to the Game of Thrones show just before season three began, and I was immediately hooked, which is no surprise coming from a Tolkien fan (unlike ASOIAF, I'd read the books before the movies). A little while later I started reading ASOIAF, and got through the beginning of book three.

A few months ago I found this forum and also found how many details I've missed during my reading of the first two books. As of now, I've started over with book one, this time taking notes and highlighting bits that stand out. It's amazing how many details and clues there are on every page! I'm definitely enjoying the books much more now, and I hope to participate quite a lot on this forum since I've restarted this journey.

Hi  :D

I'm an extremely new fan of the show/books, I've just watched all 5 seasons of the show within the past 5 weeks and I'm about 1/4 of the way through the first book. I'm absolutely hooked on both the show and I'm loving the first book so far (I'll definitely be purchasing the rest of them) and I thought I'd join here to chat with other fans. 

I joined this forum a year ago, but I've only lurked and never posted until now.  If memory serves, I think I'd read through nearly to the end of the 3rd book before I saw any of the series, seasons 1 and 2 being all there were at the time. Then I finished off the rest of the books fairly quickly before season 3 came out.   I'm pretty much just a casual reader of the books and a casual viewer of the series, so am somewhat in awe of the knowledge of others. I am finally re-reading all the books now, and  though I know I don't really know much, I occasionally want to post because I am surprised at times by what some people have been saying in reaction to Season 5. I think the biggest thing that surprises me on these forums is seeing which characters some other fans admire and/or dislike. It makes me realise that some other fans have profoundly different values than I do.

Hi  :D

I'm an extremely new fan of the show/books, I've just watched all 5 seasons of the show within the past 5 weeks and I'm about 1/4 of the way through the first book. I'm absolutely hooked on both the show and I'm loving the first book so far (I'll definitely be purchasing the rest of them) and I thought I'd join here to chat with other fans. 

I joined this forum a year ago, but I've only lurked and never posted until now.  If memory serves, I think I'd read through nearly to the end of the 3rd book before I saw any of the series, seasons 1 and 2 being all there were at the time. Then I finished off the rest of the books fairly quickly before season 3 came out.   I'm pretty much just a casual reader of the books and a casual viewer of the series, so am somewhat in awe of the knowledge of others. I am finally re-reading all the books now, and  though I know I don't really know much, I occasionally want to post because I am surprised at times by what some people have been saying in reaction to Season 5. I think the biggest thing that surprises me on these forums is seeing which characters some other fans admire and/or dislike. It makes me realise that some other fans have profoundly different values than I do.

Welcome to the boards, you two! :cheers:

Hi!

I joined the forum a week ago, but have been lurking for a while. I am a relatively new fan of the ASoIaF books as I've only started reading them a year ago. I've recently finished all the books, and I've also been a loyal viewer of the show. Actually it was the show that got me to read the books in the first place.

I am hooked on the series and can't wait for Winds of Winter! :D 

Hi!

I joined the forum a week ago, but have been lurking for a while. I am a relatively new fan of the ASoIaF books as I've only started reading them a year ago. I've recently finished all the books, and I've also been a loyal viewer of the show. Actually it was the show that got me to read the books in the first place.

I am hooked on the series and can't wait for Winds of Winter! :D

And Sophie Turner as your avatar! That's nice!

Hi all! 

Just noticed this section of the forums (shame on me!) 

Started by the TV series too, as I'm not a big fan of sci-fi books. Though after reading the books, I became completely hooked to them, and now I have a lot of mixed feelings about the TV show! I've lurked on the forums and it helped understand a bits of the books. 

See you on the forums! 

Hi all! 

Just noticed this section of the forums (shame on me!) 

Started by the TV series too, as I'm not a big fan of sci-fi books. Though after reading the books, I became completely hooked to them, and now I have a lot of mixed feelings about the TV show! I've lurked on the forums and it helped understand a bits of the books. 

See you on the forums! 

OMG that's what happens in a week on holiday....

Welcome @Lord Sidious, are there any surviving Strong family members out there? How will they be appointed king? Ser Robert ain't very talkative, last time I was listening and he is not a real Strong, now is he?

Welcome @Little Bird Sansa, when I read his books, there still weren't any Tolkien movies, meaning mine was no particular accomplishment at the time :) ... Yes, I like Game and Swords best among the 5 main series' books. Game is the most dense and poetic, it is packed. Swords is also very dynamic. Feast and Dance should be read the way noted in my signature, for the richest effect.

Welcome @cybervoodoo, have fun and keep reading, it is a very joyful journey!

Welcome @Turumarth,

I think the biggest thing that surprises me on these forums is seeing which characters some other fans admire and/or dislike. It makes me realise that some other fans have profoundly different values than I do.

Of course all of them were written by the same genius author. Even with Victarion you can admire his fearlessness and revel in an utter and complete immersion in stupidity. :-)

Bienvenue @Le Papillon, let's face the long watch and wait together.

Welcome @A-Faceless-Woman, yes, there are lots of things other readers noticed that are worth a second (or third or fourth etc.) read :)

Welcome @IceIceBaby, let the Winds of Winter chill you through :)