Introductions

Ran

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

After lurking here for a while I decided to finally start an account. I got into A Song of Ice and Fire through the HBO series and started to read the books after three episodes because I had no idea what was going on. After that I read through the novels one after another in the break between seasons. The show hooked me because I saw Peter Dinklage's name in the credits whom I liked in "Find Me Guilty". I just recently started re-reading the series so I'm not one to look to for deep analyses or anything. I favor the books more than the show but despite some bad episodes I think it's been entertaining. Not seeing the Bloody Mummers has been disappointing since I think most television shows would benefit from their presence.

I look forward to some interesting conversations or at the very least not making too many enemies. :D

Hello.

After lurking here for a while I decided to finally start an account. I got into A Song of Ice and Fire through the HBO series and started to read the books after three episodes because I had no idea what was going on. After that I read through the novels one after another in the break between seasons. The show hooked me because I saw Peter Dinklage's name in the credits whom I liked in "Find Me Guilty". I just recently started re-reading the series so I'm not one to look to for deep analyses or anything. I favor the books more than the show but despite some bad episodes I think it's been entertaining. Not seeing the Bloody Mummers has been disappointing since I think most television shows would benefit from their presence.

I look forward to some interesting conversations or at the very least not making too many enemies. :D

"Find Me Guilty" is a great movie. Loved it. May I recommend "The Station Agent" to you as well?

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Thank you very much. I'll have to give The Station Agent a shot but if you get me talking about movies I'll never shut up.

I appreciate the welcome and I'll try not to wear it out.

You're welcome!

I also like to talk about movies. And "The Station Agent" is really great. Like The Dink.

Hi.

Some of you may have met me at ConQuesT, others at Archipelacon and quite a few at Sasquan. Certain people told me that if I don't make myself an account here, one will be made for me.

Usually, that kind of thing comes complete with embarrassing avatars and usernames, so I thought I'd head them off at the pass.

I'm from Finland, my work with the Helsinki 2017 Worldcon bid brought me in contact with the Brotherhood Without Banners and now, here I am. I run cons and read a lot.

Hi.

Some of you may have met me at ConQuesT, others at Archipelacon and quite a few at Sasquan. Certain people told me that if I don't make myself an account here, one will be made for me.

Usually, that kind of thing comes complete with embarrassing avatars and usernames, so I thought I'd head them off at the pass.

I'm from Finland, my work with the Helsinki 2017 Worldcon bid brought me in contact with the Brotherhood Without Banners and now, here I am. I run cons and read a lot.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hi.

Welcome! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi- This is my very first posting. I am still figuring this whole thing out. Love the books, have completely given up on the HBO series. Lots of thoughts and questions... will be posting more soon.

"Being a Dark Lord means never having to worry about logistics."

Hi- This is my very first posting. I am still figuring this whole thing out. Love the books, have completely given up on the HBO series. Lots of thoughts and questions... will be posting more soon.

"Being a Dark Lord means never having to worry about logistics."

Nice to meet you...