Introductions

Ran

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.  I've been lurking around for a little while, finally decided to jump in and start participating in the discussion.  It's been a while since I've been a part of a forum, so I'm looking forward to getting back into it.  I'm a fan of the books and the show, and many other things besides, which will hopefully become apparent in the conversations ahead.  So yeah, excited to start talking to everyone.

Hello.  I've been lurking around for a little while, finally decided to jump in and start participating in the discussion.  It's been a while since I've been a part of a forum, so I'm looking forward to getting back into it.  I'm a fan of the books and the show, and many other things besides, which will hopefully become apparent in the conversations ahead.  So yeah, excited to start talking to everyone.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

FoMN: you're welcome. ;o)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all! 

Glad to be here. Voracious reader of fantasy and fiction books. Just finished Nemesis Games and currently underway through the 2nd book of Tales from Ketty Jay series. 

I'll incur the wrath of the dragons by admitting that I'm not a big fan of asoiaf. I've read all the books years before the TV series started and though good, not exactly my type. If and when the next book comes, I've not decided on whether I'd read it or not. Probably will. 

The Literature forum comes highly recommended by @TheRevanchist (EAP here) and I hope to have great discussions there. 

Hello to all! 

Glad to be here. Voracious reader of fantasy and fiction books. Just finished Nemesis Games and currently underway through the 2nd book of Tales from Ketty Jay series. 

I'll incur the wrath of the dragons by admitting that I'm not a big fan of asoiaf. I've read all the books years before the TV series started and though good, not exactly my type. If and when the next book comes, I've not decided on whether I'd read it or not. Probably will. 

The Literature forum comes highly recommended by @TheRevanchist (EAP here) and I hope to have great discussions there. 

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hello to all! 

You're finally here, welcome! Why not the caf name?

Edited by TheRevanchist

I've a big list of favourite characters. Sticking with same username is boring! Ever site I'm on has a different favourite character of mine.

And the caf username was not my own. Given to me by Dwyane, I think. 

Ah, cool! Always go with Revan/TheRevanchist myself.

Btw, Cartman is awesome. 

I am sorry for having busy elsewhere, but now it is time to return to the thread of beginnings! 

Hai, I'm Lord Parker. :3

Welcome @Lord Parker to the forum!

Hi- This is my very first posting. I am still figuring this whole thing out. Love the books, have completely given up on the HBO series. Lots of thoughts and questions... will be posting more soon.

Welcome @Muttwarger to the forum! I am a fellow non-show-watcher. Not that I loathe it or anything, I will watch it some time, later. Until then there is this pile of books to be read...

Welcome to the forums

:D

Oh, and you, too, @Moriath, in case I missed out on welcoming you!

I'm new to the forums. Have lots of questions that I'm excited to discuss with you all, hopefully will contribute something. If nothing else a friend sent me this GOT house emoji link today and it is bomb so I'll share. http://www.buzzfeed.com/riaali/game-of-emojis-1squ6

Welcome @TristiferDempley and thanks for the link!

Not an introduction as such, but just noticed today is my ten year board anniversary.  Things have gotten a more crowded around here to be sure.  Get off my lawn!

Happy 10th forum anniversary, @mcbigski!

Hi everyone. I`m new to this forum, but i love the books and the show. I only discovered them this year really. I started watching the show in January and then read the books in June and July, but now i`m re-reading them. Currently i`m in AFFC, but soon finishing it. (Oh and i got the Knight of Seven Kingdoms for my birthday last month, and love it too.)

Welcome @AdamJ! Maybe in your next re-read you would want to try to read AFfC and ADwD combined? Follow that link in my signature.

Hi everyone ! I'm the new guy , and i'm really excited to be here.I love the show and the books like every each of you , and i hope i'll have great time here ! ^_^

Welcome @SuicideSheep to the forum!

I am Jenna, a 39-year-old Texan. I'm a huge fan of the show who's slowly discovering the books - I hope to find an interesting, hospitable community here.

Welcome Jenna/@Damiana to the forum! I bet you will.

Longtime lurker, new member—glad to be here. As is probably obvious from the username and registration, I like Roman history and fantasy books (along with Science Fiction and Horror).

Welcome @Pro Augustis to the forum!

Hi there! I'm new here. Was looking for a forum focused on a particular series with conversation spanning other general subjects, and after some lurking I like the look of this one! I'm a big fan of the books but haven't engaged too closely with the series (mainly for fear of spoilers!).

Welcome @InherentlyObvious to the forum!

Oh dear, I've been here for over two years but I've never formally introduced myself :o Hi guys, I'm FOMN. You can call me Mr. FOMN if you so desire.

Welcome @First of My Name to the forum! Nice name ;-)

Welcome @BrettG to the forum!

Welcome @Eric Cartman to the forum! It is rather strange to see you write you like other books much better but still join us here. It is so much in contrast to posters like I who go into literary exegesis of Martin's texts pretty religiously. Nevertheless you've made it. Want to criticise GRRM's writing? I'd really like to read that, maybe I need my mind to be set right. I haven't read what you name, so maybe I should take a peek into that, too.

Hello, all before me.

Welcome, all who are after me.

Welcome @VadersKeeper to the forum!

Welcome @Eric Cartman to the forum! It is rather strange to see you write you like other books much better but still join us here. It is so much in contrast to posters like I who go into literary exegesis of Martin's texts pretty religiously. Nevertheless you've made it. Want to criticise GRRM's writing? I'd really like to read that, maybe I need my mind to be set right. I haven't read what you name, so maybe I should take a peek into that, too.

Nothing special on that. I used to discuss Fantasy Books with Revanchist on another forum and he recommended the Literature forum as a great place to have general fantasy book related discussions. I was also impressed that you have a multi page thread on Nemesis Games and so decided to give this a try. 

I really don't have any criticism on GRRM's books. I recall reading the first 4 books back in mid 2000's before all the TV hype and liked it. At that time I was really into books on traditional magic and fantasy elements and felt that GRRM is more of a political docudrama than a classic fantasy. I just wanted more magic, more dragons and more of fantasy, so drifted off to other series, I suppose. I may come back to this if we ever get the next book.