Introductions

Ran

Hi Guys!

My name's Brittany and I'm a 29yo actress living in Los Angeles. I'm obsessed with the show and thought I'd sign up to chat about the show with people who are as passionate about it as I am! My friends are sick of me going on about it and I am also worried that my family are on the verge of disowning me over my obsession! Although, it was my aptly named father 'John Snow' that actually got me into the show in the first place but even he has had enough of me going on about it now! I actually ran into Kit Harington at a Comic-Con a couple of years back and tried to convince him that we should totally be BFFs as my dad is called 'John Snow'. He gave a nervous laugh and looked a little scared, but I remain quietly optimistic. Although, he's still never called to this day...
Anyhooooooow, I've just started reading the books to keep me going until the show comes back on!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hopefully chatting with you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!!!

You can call me KC, just a big fan of the series glad I've found a respectful place to talk about it and share theories and crazy ideas.  Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm a big fan of 80's and 90's music and TV and good ol' PG comedy / family shows (so much more than meets the eye).  

But my real passion is my family; I am blessed with six beautiful children and an amazing wife.  Whether it's teaching my children, helping out in the community, or sharing a nice dinner with my wife my family always comes first.  Thanks for letting me share and God Bless!

4 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

Hello all!!!

You can call me KC, just a big fan of the series glad I've found a respectful place to talk about it and share theories and crazy ideas.  Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm a big fan of 80's and 90's music and TV and good ol' PG comedy / family shows (so much more than meets the eye).  

But my real passion is my family; I am blessed with six beautiful children and an amazing wife.  Whether it's teaching my children, helping out in the community, or sharing a nice dinner with my wife my family always comes first.  Thanks for letting me share and God Bless!

I have got a feeling that you a fan of Nirvana .... *sarcasm* 

Welcome to the boards :) Hope you like it here.

Just now, Sword of Mutilation said:

I have got a feeling that you a fan of Nirvana .... *sarcasm* 

Welcome to the boards :) Hope you like it here.

I do like Nirvana (although some of their stuff is a little crude for me) but mostly I admire them as spokespersons of their generation.  I was an born in the 70's so I love everything about the time period they remind me of!!! A great time to be alive!

1 hour ago, TheMightyKC said:

I do like Nirvana (although some of their stuff is a little crude for me) but mostly I admire them as spokespersons of their generation.  I was an born in the 70's so I love everything about the time period they remind me of!!! A great time to be alive!

I am sure it was. Though I did not experience it since I was born in the 90's. 

i'm a little late here but I thought I would introduce myself here. Hello peasents I am Lord Ruhail Ali first of his name :D and i found the books at a library a couple of years ago to get back into fictional literature again and the first book hooked me watched the show after that and became disheartened with Season 5 and when George made his saddest Notablog post about Twow at beginning of this year about S6 spoiling the books which werent releasing anytime soon. Favourite house are Baratheon, Stark, Tully, Daynes, Seaworth and Manderly. Top book characters are Stannis, Davos, Jon, Catelyn, Theon, Arya, Sansa, Cersei, Jamie and many more.

szd8OPC.jpg

Edited by Ruhail

Thank you for the welcome @Jon Weirgaryen - "Dark and full of book spoilers huh?!" That sounds good to me! One of the reasons I started visiting these forums in the first place was in my hunt for spoilers about the tv show! I love reading them (although I tend to totally hate myself afterwards for doing so!). I must admit though, the majority of people on here make me feel very dumb indeed! I'm frightened to post as everyone seems so intelligent! I'm in awe of you all! But then again, making a fool of myself is what I do best, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much! :)

Hi everybody. I've been reading this forum for a while before signing up. I'm interested in Martin's work (although I'm not as excited by it as I used to be, I think I've growed out of this a little bit ;)). I like also discussing about politics and other social topics and I know there's a lot of possibilities here to talk about them around here. English isn't my native language (as is probably visible right away, I hope I'm at least undstandable) so I ask in advance for tolerance for all the errors I'll inevitably make :D. I hope I won't break any important rules of this site.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi forums. I'm rather new to Martin's universe - I started watching the show just before season 4. After that I picked up the books and currently am doing a second read through, alongside A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. I know several people that watch the show, but most of them can't remember the majority of the characters' names. It gets pretty hard to talk about show vs. book theories when the person you're talking with can't even remember who Cersei is, hehe. It's nice to be around people who actually like ASoIaF, much less care about it.

Hey There. I've been a GoT fan since around the third season. I found the first two DVD sets on special, a friend of mine had told me how good the show was so I bought them both and binged watched them over a couple of days. I remember watching them thinking "I'll just watch this one last episode and go to bed" but ended up watching all the first season in one go. I woke up the next day and did the same thing with season two, then watched season one again. I do have all the books (so far) but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I look forward to discussing GoT here with you all.

Welcome @NicholasB - there are quite many non native English speakers posting great stuff on here.

Welcome @KingintheNorth4, glad you made it!

Welcome @Jocelyn, at least you know people who have seen the show :)

Welcome @Flayingmantis, have fun reading the books, they are even richer, more stuffed with intrigue and charater complexity and thus ten times the fun.

36 minutes ago, Jon Weirgaryen said:

Welcome @Flayingmantis, have fun reading the books, they are even richer, more stuffed with intrigue and charater complexity and thus ten times the fun.

Thanks Jon Weirgaryen. I've just started to read Game of Thrones not long after my first post. I'm up to the bit where Caitlyn has fought off the intruder who was going to kill Bran. I'm enjoying the book immensely, I don't know why I didn't read them sooner. I thought it was going to be a hard slog like LOTR but I'm surprised that it's not like that at all. GRRM certainly knows how to keep his readers engaged and it's only going to get better from here on in.

Edited by Flayingmantis

Hello to all -

My name is James, a man with the face of a Lannister, the patience of a Baratheon, the common sense of a Stark and the soul of a Bolton!

I'm a newcomer to this forum-ing lark but this looked interesting so I'm giving it a go!