Introductions

Ran

Hi everyone.

My name is Max, I'm 27 from Dortmund (Germany). To this day I haven't read the books but I will do so soon. Hopefully I'll meet some nice people here and have a few good conversations .. about ASOIAF and off-topic.

Feel free to correct me, if you find spelling- or grammar mistakes. It's been a while since I used my English. :)

Hi everybody, I'm Vif, I'm 16 and... I'm french, so sorry for the mistakes ! ^_^

I'm a huge fan of the TV show, and I started reading the books in July, I finished a game of thrones, now I'm reading a clash of kings.

My favourite characters are/where Littlefinger, Oberyn, Sansa, Jon and... I like so much characters !

I also love science, river otters (but sea otters too), fantasy... I hope I will have a good time here ! :D

Greetings, everyone!

I've been a rather solitary fan (started with show, got into books and here I am); I was at Balticon and met some of the Brotherhood who said I should come along--and so after some lurking and shyness, here I am. It's a pleasure. thank you.

I have fibromyalgia which can be painful, isolating and lonely. I do stuff when I can and travel as much as I can.

I do photography (I run a doll photography series on IG), all kinds of art, read, love to travel when I can and love tattoos (I have one Lannister arm piece  (design is my photo) and one Lannister chest piece in progress done by the amazing Aaily Rose in Vancouver as well as other pieces). I'm dividing my time between the Washington DC, USA area and Vancouver, BC, Canada because of the things I do for love:) I love fan art, lowbrow art and pop culture, drag, performance, costumes and sparkly things as well as food on sticks.

I'm hoping to enjoy some time with other fans and hope to add something good to the mixture as well. Thank you for having me.

Jessie LM

Welcome @WitchyDaMom / Eloisa, to the forum! Don't waste any more of your time and start reading the books, they are at least 10 times the fun the show gives.

Hadn't you said you're hailing from California, I'd have asked if your username was a pun on being a lady from Wichita...

Welkom @Lord Flanders / Domien, to the forum! Keep reading!

Welcome @The Nightfort Ghost to the forum!

Bem-vindo @Tmavý Sestra to the forum!

Welcome @Cullen of House Swan to the forum! Have fun reading the books and stay away from book spoilers all the while!

Cheers @plastic throne and welcome to the forum!

Welcome @Garreth Russell to the forum! Yes, this site is much better than discussions on fb. All you need to do is write some articles or answers.

Welcome @RetconKillah to the forum!

Welcome back @SerPaladin and I hope you will arange yourself with the world again, as there seems to be no other to be had at the moment. Still you can change some of it, even with kids.

Welcome @Bianne / Bianka to the forum. I am into programming, too.

Not chemistry though, but telco, networking, unified communication and collaboration (read: skype for business etc. :))

Welcome @CalvoHobbo to the forum!

Welcome @SerBeehan to the forum! Have fun finishing what's left to read on ASoIaF!

Welcome @Chiori ki Jorah / Deja, to the forum! Hope you like this better.

Welcome @Genia to the forum! Don't fret for Margaery, because if you dig Natalie Dormer and her acting, I am happy that she's still going strong elsewhere. Are you a dancer like your avatar?

Edited by Jon Weirgaryen
wikipedia-linkified Natalie Dormer

Welcome @Pindoline the Feeble to the forum! As if being a working from home mom wasn't exciting, I am a working from home daddy of three kids myself. Luckily for me on day shift. Tell me that ain't fair, I have had to put up quite a struggle to finally get there.

Welcome @Penny Lane to the forum. I like Harry Potter too, but not near as half as much as my sons do :)

Welcome @Princess Sansa to the forum! You say it: Beware! The forum is dark and full of spoilers. Maybe you can still change your username to "Queen Sansa I" if that one be still available?

Welcome @lenneh to the forum!

Welcome @Ser Tony Black to the forum! Good luck when travelling the Riverlands.

Merry met again, @Kairi!

Welcome @Anton Martell to the forum!
Nice to meet a fan whose favorite isn't mine :)

Welcome @wafflesandstuff to the forum! What's the stuff you'd stuff your waffles with?

Wilkommen @Max Frost im Forum!

Welcome @Vif' to the forum! You appreciate some of the non POV characters there... keep on reading and beware of book spoilers, for the forum is dark, and full of them.

Welcome @JLMelusine / Jessie to the forum! I think @King Tyrion I would love to see your tattoos.

Welcome @Boudicca to the forum! Have fun!

5 minutes ago, King Tyrion I said:

@Jon Weirgaryen: And I don't get a "welcome back", my friend? <sulks>

Just kidding, of course. ;o)

Now now, @King Tyrion I, you just have to wait your turn, I had only finished hellowing the newcomers from page 193 back up-thread. Actually I only finished the post because the @ - completion for usernames seemed to have gone out of order then, time to call it a day.

Welcome back, @King Tyrion I, glad to have you here.

6 minutes ago, Jon Weirgaryen said:

<snip>

Now now, @King Tyrion I, you just have to wait your turn, I had only finished hellowing the newcomers from page 193 back up-thread. Actually I only finished the post because the @ - completion for usernames seemed to have gone out of order then, time to call it a day.

Welcome back, @King Tyrion I, glad to have you here.

Thank you! You are the best! =o)

On 12.9.2016 at 7:50 PM, The Lone Rider said:

Hello there. I was brought here by the 'Mountain and Hound are brothers' theory. Looking forward to having more such distinguished discussions

Also  @King Tyrion I and @Jon Weirgaryen  you are good guys

Welcome @The Lone Rider, you must be kidding me :)

Edited by Jon Weirgaryen
-lone ranger +Lone Rider

3 hours ago, The Lone Rider said:

Hello there. I was brought here by the 'Mountain and Hound are brothers' theory. Looking forward to having more such distinguished discussions

Also  @King Tyrion I and @Jon Weirgaryen  you are good guys

Thank you for your kind words. =o)

Thanks guys. I came here looking for a smaller, more intimate community : for years I've been discussing the books and the show on Reddit. Good place, but also growing more and more noisy and crass with each day. This place seems special - there's a real sense of community here, and lot's of great discussions too ! Looking forward to participating in as many as i can and finding my own place in this community ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have been around here for a long time and thought I should finally introduce myself.  I grew up in a podunk town in the middle of the corn fields and cow pastures of central Illinois, USA, but I currently live in Tianjin, China.  I have been teaching English as a Second Language at a secondary school since Sept 2009.  Over the summer my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary, and we have an 8 y/o daughter who loves My Little Pony.  I was first introduced to asoiaf when my parents gave me Legends 2 as a "stocking suffer" one year for Christmas (They found it at the dollar store.), and I've been a fan of GRRM ever since.

6 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Hello! I have been around here for a long time and thought I should finally introduce myself.  I grew up in a podunk town in the middle of the corn fields and cow pastures of central Illinois, USA, but I currently live in Tianjin, China.  I have been teaching English as a Second Language at a secondary school since Sept 2009.  Over the summer my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary, and we have an 8 y/o daughter who loves My Little Pony.  I was first introduced to asoiaf when my parents gave me Legends 2 as a "stocking suffer" one year for Christmas (They found it at the dollar store.), and I've been a fan of GRRM ever since.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...