Introductions

Ran

Hello! SUPCOM0356 here. Have been a viewer of the forums and the wiki for awhile and finally decided to contribute! I also think my friends are tired of trying to explain the lore of ASOIAF to them a non-book readers so I have direct all these musings somewhere! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really new here, but new to this thread. I'm a fan of comic books, mostly Marvel & DC, TV, and movies.

I do like cable channels more honestly like HBO, Showtime, etc. More of the good shows are there now. I'm also a fan of Netflix.

I read A LOT. I haven't reread ASOIAF but do read other related material when available. I read nonfiction bios and history. SW novels as well.

That's about it for now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, thanks for accepting to this forum - Game of Thrones is a favorite for a while just never delve in it more as should until recent. Now can, about something personal...some of a favorite things is Cycling the Bicycle is something am fond about so guess that can be the introduction a little about this profile. So far so good.

4 hours ago, iliescu said:

Hey, thanks for accepting to this forum - Game of Thrones is a favorite for a while just never delve in it more as should until recent. Now can, about something personal...some of a favorite things is Cycling the Bicycle is something am fond about so guess that can be the introduction a little about this profile. So far so good.

Welcome!  I'm also an avid cyclist!  I don't drive very well, so for me it's transportation and not really sport.  In my opinion, you've found the best place on the internet.  Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mechacik said:

Hello darlings, I came here to read your posts. Still wait for Winds.
My name is Dominika and I love books, solved problems and cats. 

You've come to the right place, then! :D

Enjoy yourself! :)

It's  been ages since I participated in a fan forum! I'm 30. I love ASOIAF. Been watching the show since it aired, which led me to get the books. I love connecting the slightly "crazy" theories together (not D+D=T crazy, just A+J=T crazy). I was around the reddit subs for a while, but I missed the forum format for fandom discussions. Anyway, hi!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm 27 and from south Florida, US. I've never kept much presence on any forums previously; none of my IRL friends are book readers and I need to get my fix somewhere.

Over the past 2 years I've read (and selectively re-read 80% of): 1-5 ASOIAF +TWOW per-release, 1-3 dunk and egg, the companion histories, and TWOIAF. Recently I've gotten hands on of a cache of eBook copies of Martin's short stories/novellas, at a half dozen or so at present (Starlady FTW).  

ASOIAF is the first and only fantasy series that I've truly gotten into; I predominantly read non fiction with a sprinkling of Vonnegut, Hemingway, random classics, and, sadly, had my introduction to Orwell at far too young of an age to ever be normal. lol 

From my youth, I've spent much time on the water and in the Florida woodlands, my initial draw into the Martin's world was the the level on which characters are at the mercy of the environment. Plus all the sailing, I like sailboats. lol.

Sorry, this ran a bit long.

P.S. when I grow up I want to be Gylbert Farwynd.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, Tyrion Son of Aerys said:

It's  been ages since I participated in a fan forum! I'm 30. I love ASOIAF. Been watching the show since it aired, which led me to get the books. I love connecting the slightly "crazy" theories together (not D+D=T crazy, just A+J=T crazy). I was around the reddit subs for a while, but I missed the forum format for fandom discussions. Anyway, hi!

Welcome to Westeros, Tyrion Son of Aerys! Feel free to open threads about any interesting theories you have, just be prepared to defend yourself! And you might discover there's already been discussion about your theory, learning how to search can be very useful, lol! Have fun!

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, Somni451 said:

Hi, this is Jesus Pedrosa from Spain,

I'm a Bipolar type 2 fan of Cervantes, Lovecraft, Howard and Tolkien.

Hope you can cope with my mental insanity.  :)

Welcome to Westeros, Somni451! Not to worry, we have all types here!  And that reminds me, I really need to read some Lovecraft, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. At least you've mad it to two posts already-post early, post often!

15 hours ago, The Crabs in Hoster Tully said:

Hello, I'm 27 and from south Florida, US. I've never kept much presence on any forums previously; none of my IRL friends are book readers and I need to get my fix somewhere.

Over the past 2 years I've read (and selectively re-read 80% of): 1-5 ASOIAF +TWOW per-release, 1-3 dunk and egg, the companion histories, and TWOIAF. Recently I've gotten hands on of a cache of eBook copies of Martin's short stories/novellas, at a half dozen or so at present (Starlady FTW).  

ASOIAF is the first and only fantasy series that I've truly gotten into; I predominantly read non fiction with a sprinkling of Vonnegut, Hemingway, random classics, and, sadly, had my introduction to Orwell at far too young of an age to ever be normal. lol 

From my youth, I've spent much time on the water and in the Florida woodlands, my initial draw into the Martin's world was the the level on which characters are at the mercy of the environment. Plus all the sailing, I like sailboats. lol.

Sorry, this ran a bit long.

P.S. when I grow up I want to be Gylbert Farwynd.

Welcome to Westeros, The Crabs in Hoster Tully!

It's been a while since I did any of the welcomes, but your name caught my eye. Is there a story behind your choice?

You have done more reading than many fans, feel free to share your thoughts about Westeros in the forums. I like to encourage people to post, to get interesting ideas out for discussion. Have fun!

On 4/20/2018 at 2:29 PM, Fragile Bird said:

Welcome to Westeros, Tyrion Son of Aerys! Feel free to open threads about any interesting theories you have, just be prepared to defend yourself! And you might discover there's already been discussion about your theory, learning how to search can be very useful, lol! Have fun!

lol! Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. :P