Ran

Introductions

Hi all,

Normally I'm not into introductions, but what the hell.

I started watching the show a couple of years ago, which took some convincing--I'm normally the last person to watch anything sci-fi or fantasy-related, or to read anything but nonfiction, but GoT eventually sucked me in.

I've been keeping up with each season, with this past season being the first one that I watched while it was happening. Before this past season, a family member started watching it from the beginning, and that's when I started to notice all the great little details that go unnoticed the first read-/watch-through. So, I started reading the books, got even more into it, and now just after the end of season 5, I caught a bit of the R+L=J theory in a random comment somewhere, and that has totally sucked me in.

I'm currently taking a year off of grad school, working three jobs or so, so I haven't had much time to read for fun, but I'm almost finished with the first book...trying to really soak things in as I go and not read quickly, as I normally do. I can't tell if I wanna finish all the books before I get back into grad school or not, because they're such a nice diversion from all the seriousness of stuff like that!

Anyway...that's my story as it relates to this forum!

Hi all,

Normally I'm not into introductions, but what the hell.

I started watching the show a couple of years ago, which took some convincing--I'm normally the last person to watch anything sci-fi or fantasy-related, or to read anything but nonfiction, but GoT eventually sucked me in.

I've been keeping up with each season, with this past season being the first one that I watched while it was happening. Before this past season, a family member started watching it from the beginning, and that's when I started to notice all the great little details that go unnoticed the first read-/watch-through. So, I started reading the books, got even more into it, and now just after the end of season 5, I caught a bit of the R+L=J theory in a random comment somewhere, and that has totally sucked me in.

I'm currently taking a year off of grad school, working three jobs or so, so I haven't had much time to read for fun, but I'm almost finished with the first book...trying to really soak things in as I go and not read quickly, as I normally do. I can't tell if I wanna finish all the books before I get back into grad school or not, because they're such a nice diversion from all the seriousness of stuff like that!

Anyway...that's my story as it relates to this forum!

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hi folks!

Just decided to check out some forums for ASOIF while I'm waiting in vain for Winds of Winter. I'm from the Philippines and although it's a tropical country, we love to say 'Winter is Coming'. Haha! I hope to read more fascinating insights and theories in here. Cheers! 😊😊😊

Holy hell, it only took me about 2 weeks to sign up for this forum.   :blink:

Anywho,  I am new to the GoT world.  I started the series last summer, and just started the books this summer.  Hoping to up my GoT game.

Edited by I'mNotAStark

Hi folks!

Just decided to check out some forums for ASOIF while I'm waiting in vain for Winds of Winter. I'm from the Philippines and although it's a tropical country, we love to say 'Winter is Coming'. Haha! I hope to read more fascinating insights and theories in here. Cheers!

Holy hell, it only took me about 2 weeks to sign up for this forum.   :blink:

Anywho,  I am new to the GoT world.  I started the series last summer, and just started the books this summer.  Hoping to up my GoT game.

Welcome to the boards, you two! :cheers:

Do we not get notified when someone quotes or mentions you?  :dunno:

And thanks for the welcomes! :D

Edited by I'mNotAStark

Fellow Posters, Honored Moderators. A tragedy has engulfed our system which started right here with the taxation of  The Server.

Now that the last vestiges of Baratheon rule have been swept away, Westeros will appoint a new king. A Strong king.

Edited by Lord Sidious

Fellow Posters, Honored Moderators. A tragedy has engulfed our system which started right here with the taxation of  The Server.

Now that the last vestiges of Baratheon rule have been swept away, Westeros will appoint a new king. A Strong king

Hear, hear.

Hi!

A few years ago I was introduced to the Game of Thrones show just before season three began, and I was immediately hooked, which is no surprise coming from a Tolkien fan (unlike ASOIAF, I'd read the books before the movies). A little while later I started reading ASOIAF, and got through the beginning of book three.

A few months ago I found this forum and also found how many details I've missed during my reading of the first two books. As of now, I've started over with book one, this time taking notes and highlighting bits that stand out. It's amazing how many details and clues there are on every page! I'm definitely enjoying the books much more now, and I hope to participate quite a lot on this forum since I've restarted this journey.

Hi!

A few years ago I was introduced to the Game of Thrones show just before season three began, and I was immediately hooked, which is no surprise coming from a Tolkien fan (unlike ASOIAF, I'd read the books before the movies). A little while later I started reading ASOIAF, and got through the beginning of book three.

A few months ago I found this forum and also found how many details I've missed during my reading of the first two books. As of now, I've started over with book one, this time taking notes and highlighting bits that stand out. It's amazing how many details and clues there are on every page! I'm definitely enjoying the books much more now, and I hope to participate quite a lot on this forum since I've restarted this journey.

Hi  :D

I'm an extremely new fan of the show/books, I've just watched all 5 seasons of the show within the past 5 weeks and I'm about 1/4 of the way through the first book. I'm absolutely hooked on both the show and I'm loving the first book so far (I'll definitely be purchasing the rest of them) and I thought I'd join here to chat with other fans. 

I joined this forum a year ago, but I've only lurked and never posted until now.  If memory serves, I think I'd read through nearly to the end of the 3rd book before I saw any of the series, seasons 1 and 2 being all there were at the time. Then I finished off the rest of the books fairly quickly before season 3 came out.   I'm pretty much just a casual reader of the books and a casual viewer of the series, so am somewhat in awe of the knowledge of others. I am finally re-reading all the books now, and  though I know I don't really know much, I occasionally want to post because I am surprised at times by what some people have been saying in reaction to Season 5. I think the biggest thing that surprises me on these forums is seeing which characters some other fans admire and/or dislike. It makes me realise that some other fans have profoundly different values than I do.

Hi  :D

I'm an extremely new fan of the show/books, I've just watched all 5 seasons of the show within the past 5 weeks and I'm about 1/4 of the way through the first book. I'm absolutely hooked on both the show and I'm loving the first book so far (I'll definitely be purchasing the rest of them) and I thought I'd join here to chat with other fans. 

I joined this forum a year ago, but I've only lurked and never posted until now.  If memory serves, I think I'd read through nearly to the end of the 3rd book before I saw any of the series, seasons 1 and 2 being all there were at the time. Then I finished off the rest of the books fairly quickly before season 3 came out.   I'm pretty much just a casual reader of the books and a casual viewer of the series, so am somewhat in awe of the knowledge of others. I am finally re-reading all the books now, and  though I know I don't really know much, I occasionally want to post because I am surprised at times by what some people have been saying in reaction to Season 5. I think the biggest thing that surprises me on these forums is seeing which characters some other fans admire and/or dislike. It makes me realise that some other fans have profoundly different values than I do.

Welcome to the boards, you two! :cheers:

Hi!

I joined the forum a week ago, but have been lurking for a while. I am a relatively new fan of the ASoIaF books as I've only started reading them a year ago. I've recently finished all the books, and I've also been a loyal viewer of the show. Actually it was the show that got me to read the books in the first place.

I am hooked on the series and can't wait for Winds of Winter! :D 

Hi!

I joined the forum a week ago, but have been lurking for a while. I am a relatively new fan of the ASoIaF books as I've only started reading them a year ago. I've recently finished all the books, and I've also been a loyal viewer of the show. Actually it was the show that got me to read the books in the first place.

I am hooked on the series and can't wait for Winds of Winter! :D

And Sophie Turner as your avatar! That's nice!