Ran

Introductions

On 12.9.2016 at 7:50 PM, The Lone Rider said:

Hello there. I was brought here by the 'Mountain and Hound are brothers' theory. Looking forward to having more such distinguished discussions

Also  @King Tyrion I and @Jon Weirgaryen  you are good guys

Welcome @The Lone Rider, you must be kidding me :)

Edited by Jon Weirgaryen
-lone ranger +Lone Rider

3 hours ago, The Lone Rider said:

Hello there. I was brought here by the 'Mountain and Hound are brothers' theory. Looking forward to having more such distinguished discussions

Also  @King Tyrion I and @Jon Weirgaryen  you are good guys

Thank you for your kind words. =o)

Thanks guys. I came here looking for a smaller, more intimate community : for years I've been discussing the books and the show on Reddit. Good place, but also growing more and more noisy and crass with each day. This place seems special - there's a real sense of community here, and lot's of great discussions too ! Looking forward to participating in as many as i can and finding my own place in this community ! 

Hello! I have been around here for a long time and thought I should finally introduce myself.  I grew up in a podunk town in the middle of the corn fields and cow pastures of central Illinois, USA, but I currently live in Tianjin, China.  I have been teaching English as a Second Language at a secondary school since Sept 2009.  Over the summer my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary, and we have an 8 y/o daughter who loves My Little Pony.  I was first introduced to asoiaf when my parents gave me Legends 2 as a "stocking suffer" one year for Christmas (They found it at the dollar store.), and I've been a fan of GRRM ever since.

As far as I know, ASoIaF has little popularity among Chinese people.  The HBO series probably wouldn't make it on Chinese tv as removing all the nudity would be an editing nightmare.  Also, I have not seen the books in any of the bookstores.

6 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Hello! I have been around here for a long time and thought I should finally introduce myself.  I grew up in a podunk town in the middle of the corn fields and cow pastures of central Illinois, USA, but I currently live in Tianjin, China.  I have been teaching English as a Second Language at a secondary school since Sept 2009.  Over the summer my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary, and we have an 8 y/o daughter who loves My Little Pony.  I was first introduced to asoiaf when my parents gave me Legends 2 as a "stocking suffer" one year for Christmas (They found it at the dollar store.), and I've been a fan of GRRM ever since.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Ahoy hoy.

I'm new here too. I'm a ASOIAF/GoT fan from Melbourne, Australia. I hope to have many fruitful discussions about wherever whores go. (And Moonboy, for all I know.)

On 10.10.2016 at 5:20 AM, Cephalophore said:

Ahoy hoy.

I'm new here too. I'm a ASOIAF/GoT fan from Melbourne, Australia. I hope to have many fruitful discussions about wherever whores go. (And Moonboy, for all I know.)

Hey ice already been posting around a bit but I just found this introduction thread and figured that I would post it. So I'm wrl6199 and have read the books.

Hey everyone. I started reading the first book a good year ago and took a long break after A Clash of Kings, which was about when I first posted. I've picked up the books again; there are two others at work who are more or less reading with me. I'll be poking around the forums here when the break-time discussions aren't quite enough.

Hello everyone, I've been lurking around here the past few days and once I'm done with all five books, I can hopefully contribute to the discussions as well (I just finished A Storm of Swords).

10 hours ago, Lifestream said:

Hello everyone, I've been lurking around here the past few days and once I'm done with all five books, I can hopefully contribute to the discussions as well (I just finished A Storm of Swords).

Hello! My name is Jenna and I am new to the forum :) I'm a huge fan of both the show and the books. I don't really know what more to say so I'm just going to leave it at that lol