Introductions

Ran

Evening all.

I'm Suzi and despite my location, I'm English. First got into the books not long after the UK publication of AFfC. Have read them all cover to cover about 5 or 6 times now, so can't wait for the TV series to finally air and for ADWD to be published!

Skol! :cheers:

Evening all.

I'm Suzi and despite my location, I'm English. First got into the books not long after the UK publication of AFfC. Have read them all cover to cover about 5 or 6 times now, so can't wait for the TV series to finally air and for ADWD to be published!

Skol! :cheers:

Hiya Sooz. Have fun :)

Name is Richard (Real prior name).

I guess I should do this after all, eh? I'm American, with dual French Citizenship. I have a degree in finance. Served in the FFL 02-07. Now I am a 3D in Law school. What an adventure eh? I read hundreds of books these past 10 years, basically all I did with my free time. I thought several times of giving G.R.R.'s series a go, but neglected it ( A bloody 1000 page hardback, who the hell wants that in their rucksack!).

Just going through the series for the first time and I love it. On book three and should have the series completed by April.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome, Richard. You have already shown that you aren't shy, so you won't need my encouragement to make your voice heard around here.

And welcome to you, too, Zezibesh! Enjoy the forums! I've been trying to appear intellectual and funny around here for years now. Hopefully, you will have more success than have I.

Greetings all!

Found out about Westeros through some Sword of Truth parodies on a blog called Sandstorm Reviews; I knew I wasn't crazy for hating those books.

I just managed to pick up all of the SoIaF series at the local Borders that's shutting down. I'm just about done with Game of Thrones and mind=blown, it's so excellent that I'm having issues balancing reading it at night and, you know, waking up for school. Whoops. I do have a problem though, I don't think I have the willpower to slow-burn through these books until July!

Uhm, introduction... I'm Lauren. I'm a 20-year-old college student working toward an Art/English double major. I hope to get a career in developmental/concept art, like every other art student nowadays. My backup plan is teaching! I dabble in all sorts of things: gaming, reading (orly?), drawing, squishy sciences, and the internet. I think internet counts as a hobby now, right?

Anywho, there's my blurb. I hope to discuss wonderful literary things with all of you!

Greetings all!

Found out about Westeros through some Sword of Truth parodies on a blog called Sandstorm Reviews; I knew I wasn't crazy for hating those books.

I just managed to pick up all of the SoIaF series at the local Borders that's shutting down. I'm just about done with Game of Thrones and mind=blown, it's so excellent that I'm having issues balancing reading it at night and, you know, waking up for school. Whoops. I do have a problem though, I don't think I have the willpower to slow-burn through these books until July!

Uhm, introduction... I'm Lauren. I'm a 20-year-old college student working toward an Art/English double major. I hope to get a career in developmental/concept art, like every other art student nowadays. My backup plan is teaching! I dabble in all sorts of things: gaming, reading (orly?), drawing, squishy sciences, and the internet. I think internet counts as a hobby now, right?

Anywho, there's my blurb. I hope to discuss wonderful literary things with all of you!

Welcome, LadyLoo! A word of advice - be careful when reading in, well, pretty much any of the fora, as there tend to be random ASOIAF spoilers that bob to the surface from time to time.

Anyway, welcome again!

ETA: Read some of the Goodkind threads. Some excellent material in there. We're up to thread # 48 now over in the Literature forum.

Edited by WrathOfMe

Hello! I'm Mel, I'm an Australian derby girl and full-time student. ASOIAF was the first fantasy series I read (I started in 2003, when Storm of Swords was the last book published) and honestly it's kind of ruined my ability to enjoy lesser fantasy xD With the wait for DWD so close to being over, I thought I might come along and make some fannish friends; tragically most of the people I know don't appreciate violent, incestuous, 600+ page fantasy the way I do ;)

Hello! I'm Mel, I'm an Australian derby girl and full-time student. ASOIAF was the first fantasy series I read (I started in 2003, when Storm of Swords was the last book published) and honestly it's kind of ruined my ability to enjoy lesser fantasy xD With the wait for DWD so close to being over, I thought I might come along and make some fannish friends; tragically most of the people I know don't appreciate violent, incestuous, 600+ page fantasy the way I do ;)

Gudday and Welcome, Mel. :)

Have fun and enjoy the place!

Hello everyone. My name's Angus, I'm Scottish and I teach English in Seoul. I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. Hi.

Umm...

I love ASOIAF, read all four books 4 or 5 times now and, being from the bleak north myself, strongly identify with the characters who live with the most unpleasant weather. Despite that, Tyrion and Jaime are my favourite characters.

Very excited about the TV adaptation too, so I'm looking forward to gossiping about casting and trailers in the run-up to the premiere and then going into a frenzy once each episode airs.

I'll be on fairly often, I hope, looking to jump into conversations about history, sci-fi, random nonsense and character speculation... I'm pleased to note that other people have been having deeply involved L+R=J arguments! Finally, I get to prove the ex who thought I was crazed WAS the fool!

Oh, I used to be a big tabletop roleplayer back at Uni, so I may nerd out a little in threads where that comes up. Sorry in advance.

And finally, if you haven't already read The Baroque Cycle... you should do that. Just saying.

Slainte mhath everyone!

Hello Westeros forum. My name is Jessica, I'm 23 years old and I am from Brooklyn, NY. I first read the series in late 2005, off a NYT review, but didn't finish it until late 2006.

I'm a high school history teacher who recently got one of my kids to read the series, score 1 point for me. :read:

Anyway, I make Game of Thrones videos if anyone is interested. Not particularly good, but I do enjoy making them.

Check them out here

http://www.youtube.com/findingtherainbow

Hello Westeros forum. My name is Jessica, I'm 23 years old and I am from Brooklyn, NY. I first read the series in late 2005, off a NYT review, but didn't finish it until late 2006.

I'm a high school history teacher who recently got one of my kids to read the series, score 1 point for me.

Anyway, I make Game of Thrones videos if anyone is interested. Not particularly good, but I do enjoy making them.

Check them out here

http://www.youtube.c...ndingtherainbow

Welcome to the boards, Jessica

I just looked at one of your videos and I like the clips mixed with the music. It's amazing how with all this anticipation for the series, watching clips I've seen dozens of times before by this point can still seem exciting. :thumbsup:

Hello Westeros

Im 24 year old second year MSc student in biochemistry. I live in South Africa. I decided to come over and have a look from the Malazan Forums. A recent post their indicated to me just how much more in depth your discussions about books are then our own at the moment and I thought I could benefit from reading them.

I am also as it hapens a great fan of Martins work. His characters are unparalleled in anything I have read. Look forward to speaking to you all on this site.

Cause

Hello Westeros

Im 24 year old second year MSc student in biochemistry. I live in South Africa. ...

Welcome, Cause. :)

Not many South African boarders here - good to see! If the literature forums don't take up all your time and you are a fan, there are active rugby and cricket threads for you to peruse as well. ;)

Hello Westeros

Im 24 year old second year MSc student in biochemistry. I live in South Africa. I decided to come over and have a look from the Malazan Forums. A recent post their indicated to me just how much more in depth your discussions about books are then our own at the moment and I thought I could benefit from reading them.

I am also as it hapens a great fan of Martins work. His characters are unparalleled in anything I have read. Look forward to speaking to you all on this site.

Cause

Did you used to play mafia on the Malazan boards or am I thinking of one of the other seeming multitude of South Africans who I played with there?

Either way, welcome.

I suppose it's time I jumped in... ;)

Hello, all. Tanith here, a shamelessly nerdy soul currently on her third reading of the series. I've lurked here for quite a long time, reading the many insights into GRRM's many characters, and finally decided I wanted to join in the fun!

Hearing of the release date for ADWD compelled me to start reading the series again...I've actually put off my annual re-reading of The Lord of the Rings to do so.

Apart from reading one of my hobbies is gaming, and I am part of a gaming community where I am trying to (gently) steer the members in the direction of their local libraries, where the stories behind our games came from. It's my hope that the TV series and the latest novel will bring more fans than ever to GRRM's works...and from there to other great books! You can never read too much.

:cheers: