Introductions

Ran

I'm Mayan from the Philippines. Found this forum while trying to learn things about my favorite characters, along with awoiaf.westeros.org. Watched the HBO version first before I read all 5 books. Maybe I shouldn't have read so soon for I am now craving for the WoW book and the 2nd season on TV.

Been surfing this form for quite a while. It's so interesting to know the different sides and even extreme emotions of people on the same characters. :)

Hello,

I'm Lise from Norway. I've been lurking here for well over a year after I finally got around reading ASoIaF last spring after having had the series on the top of my books-I'm-going-to-read-list for way too long. Truth be told, I hadn't experienced getting so wildly obsessed with a book since I discovered Tolkien at the age of 12. After re-reads and the HBO-series and even more months of lurking, I decided it was time to start posting.

Apart from that: I'm a molecular biologist- currently in my master, and when I'm not preoccupied by my studies, I enjoy reading, obviously, I paint and draw a lot, I love movies and music (various metal genres, folk music, gothic, soundtracks - you get the picture) and recently got into geocaching.

I believe that covers the most important things for a start.

So - hi everyone!

Hey everyone :) I'm Kassy, aka SilverKhaleesi. Nice to meet you! I'm 18 years old, living in the USA and enjoying this fantastic series that GRRM has provided us with. I admit that I got into the show first, back in May/June, but I have since picked up the books and began to throw myself into what was referred to as 'crack on paper'. I'm working on collecting all the books right now and don't play on stopping until GRRM does. I can't wait to share in the intrigue and mystery of this series with all of you :)

Well, it seems that I will not be able to change my profile or settings until I post a certain number of times (according to the Help threads; the instructions for registration don't mention any of that), and so I will start with first post in Introductions (sans avatar, until such time as the forum spirits deem me worthy of being able to change my profile and settings).

Screen name Demojan777, real name is Ian, I am reading the 1st 5 published books of ASOIAF for the 2nd time since I first read them all in July-August 2011. I am noticing a lot of things that I missed or that didn't sink in the first time around. Heard about the books and the TV show from friends but didn't get into it until Borders went out of business :crying: and I was able to get a boxed set plus ADWD for super-cheap; also found re-runs of the HBO Game of Thrones TV show online and was able to watch all of those as well (I finished the book before watching the show, glad to say probably the best TV adaption of books I've ever seen, hopefully it stays that way).

I am an avid RPG fan and play the Pathfinder RPG with a group of friends (played D&D 3.5 but when 4th edition came out decided to switch to Pathfinder, because 4th edition isn't D&D, it's more like World of Warcraft), also play WoW online, do a lot of RPG design and also help my best friend make crazy 3D dungeons out of paper and styrofoam; running a great 3D dungeon this upcoming weekend.

Not big into cons or cosplay or anything like that, but like to lurk and chat on forums, so hopefully after a few more posts I'll be able to add some personal info to my profile and settings.

Anyway, hello, hope everyone is well, and can't wait for this series to be completed!

DJ777

Y'all can call me Dodger. I'm 22, a new ASoIaF addict due to the show, and about a quarter of the way through A Game of Thrones. (Don't judge me; it's my senior year of college and I'm determined to up my GPA to, hopefully, cum laude status.) I've been trying to read the series for awhile now, but only just recently actually sat down to read it. I was hooked off the bat. Doesn't help that I fell in love with the show first. It's just too damned pretty. The food blog, The Inn at the Crossroads, doesn't help convince me otherwise either.

Let's see, what else... I study English literature and history here at uni, with a focus on the classica and medieval eras. I have a penchant for using good grammar, swearing and overusing personal pronouns. I'm writing this from the bottom of Page 1 right now and the last poster was kairparavel which I am hoping is a Chronicles of Narnia reference. Fantasy has always been my genre of choice (science fiction literature has never appealed to me, but I will watch the shit out of anything sci-fi on TV). For the past four to six years, I've leaned towards urban fantasy, away from the high/sword-and-sorcery of my youth, but this series and reminded me of my intense love for the genre. Glad to be back; it feels like home.

I think that's it for now. So yes, hello. *tips hat*

It's about time to introduce myself, I think.

I'm relatively new to ASOIAF, finished first four books last year and since then waited desperately for ADWD. Found the forum thanks to a buddy from another forum.

I'm a journalist in my mid thirties (sigh) from Warsaw, Poland (but born in Gdynia, as my avatar explains).

Favourite characters: Davos, Arya, Tyrion (less so after ADWD), Jaime, Jon.

Edited by 3CityApache

Hello everybody,

You can call me Chelly(it's sort of my nickname).

I'm pretty new to ASoIaF, I just got into it this summer. I just finished AFfC, and I am going to wait to read ADWD, hopefully I can hold off until it comes out in paperback or at least till this semester ends.

My favorite book of the series so far is ASoS, but I enjoyed them all! :bowdown:

Some of my favorite major characters are Dany, Brienne, Arya, Sansa, Davos, Tyrion, Cat (I'm probably one of the few people who actually like her).

I'm 28 years old, I currently live in the upstate New York area, although I'm originally from New Jersey, but the hubby and I are planning to move to Florida some time next year. I have a 2 year old who never gets tired and I am working at becoming a math teacher.

This is the first forum I joined in 10 years.

Edited by Sea Bitca

Thanks god, a place where I can read about GoT all day!

Olivia, new addict here, from Belgium :) I discovered the serie this summer and fell in love with the whole plot so I thought I'd start reading the books to know what happens next. I can't stop thinking about all those amazing characters now and am glad I can see what you all think about the story. Nice to meet you all!

See you all later! ;)

Hello, I am a 46 year old Canadian. I read AGOT when it first came out, vaguely remember checking to see if the second book had come out for a while, but eventually moved on to others things and forgot all about it until I saw an advertisement for the HBO series.

I discovered this forum/site while searching for info on the newer books and show, but after skimming a few threads decided to wait until I was caught up with reading the books before delving too far in here. Having finished all five books I am now re-reading them and enjoying this forum at last. :)

Hello All,

Kathleen, 27 from West Virginia archaeologist by training - I love the Wildlings, anyone that can ride a mammoth is alright by me. I have been creeping around this message board for a while and decided to finally bite the bullet and sign up. I started reading the series about two years ago and I am now working on a re-read. Amazing how much more you catch the second time around!

Hi ya.... Im new here, im 27 and I live north of the wall..... lol, hadriens wall.... im a born and bred highlander (Scotland).... I've only 4 chapters to go and I will be finished ADWD (wanna cry), seens as it'll be a while before the next book is released I thought I'd leave a wee note and introduce myself..... I love the books, Im an avid reader and these have to be the best books I've ever read.

Hats off to GRRM,

may the winds of winter arrive quickly

(touch wood)

Welcome to everyone: manitot, Frostylva, SilverKhaleesi, D777, HHR, DodgerThirteen, 3CityApache, SnowBlind, SeaBicta, Bell, TinyDancer, ThinMintMafia, Mammoth Tamer & Flightless bird.

Hope you all have fun and enjoy the place. :)

As always, those of you that are not all of the way through all 5 books yet, watch out for the demon spoilers of doom. The best places to hang out are probably the 'still reading' threads.

Sup guys

JP here, from Sao Paulo - Brasil

long time lurker, just registered for an account this weekend. I am that lazy.

Started to get hardcore on asoiaf when rumors about HBO making a new "Rome" about a fantasy book that was allegedly better than LOTR started to pop out.

Damn, am I glad I did that =)

PS: The Daynes shall rule Dorne in the end. That is all.

Edited by JP Dayne

Been lurking for a bit, but this is my first time posting. Huge fan of ASOIAF, though I have yet to do a re-read of the series.

Personally, I'm a writer (hopeful), who's working on several in-progress works. GRRM is one of my several influences, more so for his writing style than his fantasy themes.