Ran

Introductions

I know not of Haaruk but his mortal sword is around....

[wonders about the back story]

The back story used to be The Neck. There were dragons and dreams, fireflies and blackberries. Swamprats and ketchup. God, those were the days. I still miss Haaruk.

The back story used to be The Neck. There were dragons and dreams, fireflies and blackberries. Swamprats and ketchup. God, those were the days. I still miss Haaruk.

Most importantly...friends. ;)

I'm new to this forum, so hello all. I've been able to benefit from reading some excellent posts from others so I thought it was only right for me to try to contribute whatever little bit I could in reply.

Wow. I am touched that people remember.

How could we forget? :)

Hi I'm Sam, not long emerged from the rabbit hole after devouring the books, can't wait for the Winds of Winter!

I am also an avid consumer of pop culture, anything shiny/interesting/funny to distract from the real world basically.

Hello good people of asoiaf.

Hi everyone! :)

I'm Alex and I'm from Macedonia.

I discovered ASoIaF thanks to the HBO TV Series. As soon as it finished I started reading the books. I've read all of them and I can't wait for The Winds of Winter.

I watched the HBO series last spring, bought the books the day after I finished "Fire and Blood," and read them over the summer. I'm from Florida but am finishing up graduate school in California. The North will rise again!

Hello and welcome fellow ASoIaFians! (yeah, I just made that word up, but it will not catch on I'm sure, it's a bit hard to pronounce)

I'm rather new to this board myself, only been on since September actually, but have spent far more time here than I should. There are so much interesting stuff to find here, and I can recommend trying to find old threads that discuss the topics you are interested in, that gives a lot of insights and creates new ideas. Sometimes the search function is turned off though, but it's always worth a try.

I hope you'll have fun, I know I do :)

Hello there, everyone! I'm Shani.

I've been stalking the forums since the tv show started and just finished ADwD a few days ago. I figured it was about time I stopped lurking at actually joined in on the fun. :D

Helloooo.. Yeah, Your_Grace isn't very original but I got really jealous when I saw this somewhere so here I am, Your Grace. :laugh:

Hey guys I'm Alex and I'm from Puerto Rico, I love GoT (obviously haha) I'm light hearted and am alwayls looking to have interesting conversations with people about anything.

Ah, yeah, I'm new... Like most people who've joined in the past year (I'm assuming), I was introduced through the show. I started the books last September and finished them a few days ago. I normally finish books quickly, too. That was quite an undertaking. But I'm finally ready for analysis and discussion so here we go.

Hey there, I'm new to this forum (and forums in general).

I was introduced to ASOIAF by the HBO show, but then I read the books pretty much back-to-back, and I can't stop obsessing over them. So that's why I finally decided to join this forum, and I'm looking forward to some interesting discussions. Hope to be active :)

Good day to you all :)

I've been reading threads here for a while now; seeing a reference to a bunch of threads discussing relationships between things and beings at the Wall (Heresy threads) I started reading the first and just knew I'd actually have a (hopefully new/useful) thing or two to say about that particular topic. Looking forward to actually participating in the discussions.

No, my screen name does not derive from World of Warcraft.

Hi people, Im Tal.

I was introduced to the series by the HBO show and loved it.

I intended to buy the books, but then I saw that books 4 and 5 ruined the series for many people.

So I wanted to ask you if you would still recommend me to read the books?

By the way, I thought that this is the right place to ask (since Im new here), but if there is a better place please tell me, thanks.

just joined today, got introduced to the series in...2003? Maybe '04? (by lurking on a forum and seeing people recommend GRRM consistently)

Hmmm, weird. Thought I'd just done this.

Anyways, cheers all. I'm James from Canada. Glad I found this place, seems cool so far. First time I've signed up for one of these that wasn't academic or sports related. Please feel free to let me know when I outstay my welcome.

A 'well met' to all our new boarders.

Good to see the international flavour is continuing. :thumbsup: