Ran

Introductions

[...] watch out for horrible spoilers of doom as you navigate this place. ;)

Thank you for the warning! :) Even though I try to avoid spoilers, I often find myself glimpsing at threads with too much information. It's just so tempting! (and funnily enough forgetting those bits of information is not quite as easy as forgetting the subjects of a whole school term..)

Welcome, everyone! :cheers:

Hey my name is Ringatu, but you can call me Pod cause I'm guessing a lot of you saw my name and went 'what the ...'

By the by, if you see people talking about "blaming Pod", don't worry! It's not directed at you. We have another user who goes by "Pod" too, and it's all his fault. Everything. Always.

Hey, I'm Winterz and as pretty much everyone here, I .... love these Series.

For me, George is certainly the modern Tolkien (ye I also love Tolkien's work).

I'm from Portugal and an University's student in his 19s.

P.S. And I hate these painful "hiatus".

Welcome new people.

And, I Am Pod, thank you so very much. For everything. Don't listen to the Blame Pod people. Nattering nabobs of negativity.

Hey I'm Ed. I have read all 5 books twice since Xmas 2012. All three Dunk & Egg stories as well. on my 3rd watch of Season one followed by my 2nd watch season 2. I find it humorous so many think Jon Snow is a Targaryen even tho this was dispelled when he was burned by fire defending Old Bear. lol. Bran learned to control animals b/c dragons are coming. Sam went to the Citadel to learn about Dragons. Tyrion studies dragons. Jon has his own story arc to worry about. Look elsewhere.

Hello all, I am Mike. I am 21 years old and live in New York.

I love Game of Thrones, and I've been introduced by a bunch of friends. I first started watching the 1st 2 seasons and then after started reading the books and I am up to a Feast for Crows.

One of my favorite, if not my favorite, book series ever and even the show.

I hope I can actually venture into subforums here, without getting spoiled lol.

New to the forums, made my way here out of desperation now that S.2 is over and it looks like there's still a ways to go before Winds of Winter. I figured browsing obsessed fan theories is a good way to tide myself over. I'll probably mostly be lurking (work and LSAT prep, interfering with my fandom!), but we shall see...

New to the forums, made my way here out of desperation now that S.2 is over and it looks like there's still a ways to go before Winds of Winter. I figured browsing obsessed fan theories is a good way to tide myself over. I'll probably mostly be lurking (work and LSAT prep, interfering with my fandom!), but we shall see...

Hey there, I'm also new.

Problem is, I haven't finished the books yet which I'm upset about because I can't visit too many threads.

Fortunately, I'll be done with A Feast for Crows soon, and will start A Dance with Dragons.

Guess time for intro, yeah like lot of you

I've been introduced by the show then actually read the books in 2 weeks i think and then the 3 "dunk and egg", it's really a great story otherwise i wouldn't be here.

:dunno:

See you on threads.

Howzit Everyone (that's Hello in colloquial South African, btw)

I'm Karl and I'm obviously new to this forum. I've been waiting until I was finished with all the books before I registered and started discussing the story because I'm shit-scared of spoilers. Shit-scared of them, yet unable to stop myself from reading them...go figure.

Gotta say, some of the insights and theories around here literally blew my friggin mind (R + L= J !!). Makes so much sense and yet the thought never entered my mind. Possibly a result of rushing through the books a little too quickly.

Anyhow I just hope I can contribute meaningfully around here (or amusingly at the very least).

Take it easy

Edited by The Lord of Boners

@The Lord of Boners:

when you get the time, read the whole series again.

you'll be very surprised how many things you've missed.

other than that, welcome aboard.

@The Lord of Boners:

when you get the time, read the whole series again.

you'll be very surprised how many things you've missed.

other than that, welcome aboard.

Still on the 4th book and hoping to read them again right after. I feel like I'm missing things on the way.

Like I watched the 1st season of GoT again and I was so surprised how many things I've missed especially since I watched the show first and then read the book

Seriously, i've got spoiled even in the Still Reading sections, so I advise you only to start reading the thread after you finish ADwD. I couldn't wait, and that's why I got spoiled, but maybe you're stronger than I am! haha

Hey there! My friends call me Zee, and I'm from Australia. I've read all the current ASOIAF books(Just finished A Dance with Dragons a few days ago) and have been watching the show too.

When did everyone begin to read the book/watch the show?

Still on the 4th book and hoping to read them again right after. I feel like I'm missing things on the way.

Like I watched the 1st season of GoT again and I was so surprised how many things I've missed especially since I watched the show first and then read the book

I agree with you, I will probably re-read the books again soon.

Hi fellow n00bs! Welcome on board!

As mentioned, be careful if you don't want to get spoiled. I would have hoped the "still reading" section was free from spoilers, but perhaps some don't follow the rules, and it is always one self who has to make sure not to get spoiled. Myself, I didn't even start reading any forums before I was done reading ADwD.

Hey I'm Ed. I have read all 5 books twice since Xmas 2012. All three Dunk & Egg stories as well. on my 3rd watch of Season one followed by my 2nd watch season 2. I find it humorous so many think Jon Snow is a Targaryen even tho this was dispelled when he was burned by fire defending Old Bear. lol. Bran learned to control animals b/c dragons are coming. Sam went to the Citadel to learn about Dragons. Tyrion studies dragons. Jon has his own story arc to worry about. Look elsewhere.

Firstly, welcome to Westeros forums!

The thing that makes people disregard Jon's burned hand is that GRRM said specifically, to tell readers who thought otherwise, that it is not normal for Targaryens to be fire-proof and that Dany was unburned because of some magical protection that particular moment she walked into the pyre. She would probably not be unharmed if she tried it again. So Targaryens are not fire-proof generally. If you wish to read more about this there are threads about it and I'll provide GRRM's statement found in the Citadel, FAQ and So Spake Martin section of this board.

From an interview:

"Granny": Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

GRRM: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

"Granny": So she won't be able to do it again?

GRRM: Probably not.

Speculation is taking this into account, and among other things also the story of Aerion Brightflame Targaryen and the fate of Aegon V (Egg), Dunk and Duncan the Small. So, if you're interested in this you can find more in the forums and the wiki...

Hello from Spain!

Last summer, a friend of mine recommended GoT to me. I wasn't really interested, but when he said that he would watch a show I had been recommending to him for a long time in exchange, I accepted. Naturally, I loved it and went into a "NEED MOAR" state until I ordered all the books. I read the first four books in about three weeks, but had to stop due to uni starting (I study English Literature, so I have to read a lot, and I don't like reading more than one book at the same time). I was VERY afraid of spoilers, so I decided not to start checking forums until I had read ADwD. That was about a week ago, so here I am!

I have to say, some theories in this forum are mind blowing. You guys are geniuses, I can't wait for a reread! :D

Edited by Myriah

Hello All, I am jayne and live in Scotland. Been a reader of the forum for a while but new to join.

Have read ASOIAF a few times love the books but also enjoy different author's such as (gemmell, Jordan, Eddings, Feist and Donaldson, loads really) Play guitar and go to different music festivals as often as I can or as weather permits here.

Hi, I'm bekitty. I live in Wellington, New Zealand.

I'm currently reading my way through ASoIaF (currently about halfway through ADwD) but haven't seen the series as yet.

Found out about this site through Google, when i was looking for more in-depth information about the characters in the books. So my first stop was the wiki, then I found all the other stuff.

Cheers!

Edited by bekitty