Introductions

Ran

Welcome, Schley :) Seeing as you are only on AFFC, watch out for horrible spoilers as you navigate this palce.

Bonjour FrYo. You are off to a good start - Pod shall be blamed, not defended. ;)

Welcome, Schley :) Seeing as you are only on AFFC, watch out for horrible spoilers as you navigate this palce.

Bonjour FrYo. You are off to a good start - Pod shall be blamed, not defended. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, and for the heads up. I've had to deal with some horrible spoilers in the past, due to my own stupidity. I will tread safely here. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, ive posting here for a couple of months, Im from Florianopolis,Brazil. I'm 29 years old with a B.A in History and a Master of Law from the University of Sao Paulo. I currently work as a criminal attorney and occasionally write articles in some Law and Politics blogs from Brazil such as www.implicante.org

Cheers!

My name is Em. I'm interested in forensics, true crime, & psychology.

Tyrion is my favorite character, but Littlefinger has recently become quite interesting. He exhibits many traits of a sociopath (narcissism, lack of empathy, desire for control) & he's something of a Machiavelli character. I'm going to re-read some of his scenes to get a better sense for his personality. The fact that he marries Jeyne Poole off to Ramsay Bolton is what clenched it for me. Anyone with any true feeling would keep children (and really anyone) away from the Boltons!!

Anywho, that's me.

~Em

Evening all,

Ok, introduction.

My name is not important ^_^ my age - old enough :laugh: location UK

I started reading the books because I wanted a meaty book to read in summer and quite frankly the usual summertime schlock (50 shades of sh*te etc) was never going to find its way into my field of vision!

I then realised there was actually a dramatisation of the book by HBO so started catching up on SkyGo. When season 2 ended I couldn't keep myself from getting the next books. Finished ADwD last Sunday. Have been walking around feeling bereft ever since.

Thas me. :D

Hello!

I absolutely love the TV series and after multiple recommendations from family long ago, and friends more recently, i'll probably sit myself down and read the books sometime soon as well ;)

from Australia and the rest is unimportant. I'm quite fond of Cersei, Tyrion and Daenerys, although I think the latter is more an infatuation with Emilia Clarke.

Nice to meet all of you! :)

Edited by Queen Lannister

Hallo, everybody!

I first learnt of ASoIaF at a con, decided to read the books, but didn't have the time then.

Later, some friend of mine - we played rpgs together - told me about the series. He was very impressed as far as I recall. Once again, I decided to read the books - but lacked the money to buy them.

When season 1 was shown on TV, I watched it and became really hooked on it (not only because of the fantastic opening sequence), and I got me the books (English version) and read them - on the train to work, at home, nearly everywhere.

I finished ADwD last week, and I look forward to TWoW, and season 2 - I haven't seen it yet.

My favourite characters are: Tyrion (now, who would have guessed that...), Eddard Stark, Jon Snow.

I'm typing this from merry old Germany.

Greetings to everybody! =o)

Edited by Lord_Tyrion

Hello. New here. [insert witty comment, favorite character and blah blah blah.]

Hello. [insert welcoming greeting, witty retort, and blah blah blah.]

Seriously though, welcome to the board! :D

Edited by 1918me

Hello there!

The name's Leigh, from Australia.

My favourite character is Bronn. He's not given enough screen or chapter time (I don't think he's a POV character?) but I like his sense of humour and "friendship" with Tyrion. As with everyone in Westeros, his moral compass is quite skewed.

Had never heard of the books until the TV series came out which sucks because I love epic fantasy so I should've known earlier. Just about to finish the 5th.

Looking forward to discussions and dreaming with you all.

G'day Leigh! I'll try and keep Auzzie jokes to a minimum...like shrimp on a barby. Woops, krickey!

Anyways, ex-pat Aussies are always the coolest people you can meet. Friendly, relaxed, cool, etc.

My theory: Because EVEYTHIING in Australia is deadly/poisonous...snakes, spiders, seagulls, lawns, etc....I figure Aussies are kinda "with death all around, why hold a grudge?'

Anyways, welcome aboard! Hope you last long enough to enjoy this place. Look out, REDBACK!