Introductions

Ran

Hello, hola, namaste and athchomar chomakea

My name is Kassy and it's nice to meet all of you :) Got into ASOIAF through the television show, like so many people, but please don't hold this against me. I have begun to read the books and am half way though ACOK. However, I am a spoiler junkie and can tell you critical events that happened in all of the books. Besides ASOIAF, I like films, especially Bollywood, music, cultures, languages, history and photoshop.

My Tumblr is http://mamaofdragons.tumblr.com if you want to follow me! :)

Hello Corey , welcome to the forum! Make sure you stay in the still reading sections of the forums , anywhere else and you'll probably be spoiled for events in ADWD. I'd finish the book and come back , but as long as you stay in the still reading section you should be fine.

Edited by Raja

Hello, hola, namaste and athchomar chomakea

My name is Kassy and it's nice to meet all of you :) Got into ASOIAF through the television show, like so many people, but please don't hold this against me.

Namaste Kassy.

I got into ASOIAF through the television show too. I like to think we've made up for it by getting into the books though :P

Nice tumblr.

Hi all :)

I decided I needed something else to look at on the internet, so joining a new forum seemed the best thing to do!

Hm let's see, I live in Buffalo, NY, graduated college a couple years ago and moved here to be with my then-fiancee now-husband.

I had taken a "break" from reading while I was in college, as going to school full time plus working part time plus I had changed my major and had to work extra hard to keep on track and graduate in only 4 years. Only about a year ago I started seriously getting back into reading and I've just been catching up on stuff I missed! Still in the mood for an epic fantasy story, I asked around the other forum I'm on and they all recommended ASOIAF. So I'm currently just a smidge into ADWD (it only took me 3 months to get this far ;) ).

Hi, my name is Tessa and i'm from the Netherlands. I was looking for a fanforum but their aren't really active ones in my own language and then I found this one. I'm fairly new to the books, I started with the television serie and I absolutely loved it, after that I started reading the books and at this moment i'm reading ADWD. Don't know what to tell anymore so that was it :wideeyed:

Hello there!

The name's Leigh, from Australia.

My favourite character is Bronn. He's not given enough screen or chapter time (I don't think he's a POV character?) but I like his sense of humour and "friendship" with Tyrion. As with everyone in Westeros, his moral compass is quite skewed.

Had never heard of the books until the TV series came out which sucks because I love epic fantasy so I should've known earlier. Just about to finish the 5th.

Looking forward to discussions and dreaming with you all.

First off welcome. Second, Aussies are awesome, I have never met one that I haven't thought was great. My favorites are Ser Jorah, His Grace King Stannis and Dolorous Edd Tollett. I feel like I can relate to all of them a little but. You should read The Hedge Night, The Sworn Sword and The Mystery Knight if you haven't already done so. They are prequel novellas that take place 85 or so years before A Game of Thrones.

Hi, my name is Tessa and i'm from the Netherlands. I was looking for a fanforum but their aren't really active ones in my own language and then I found this one. I'm fairly new to the books, I started with the television serie and I absolutely loved it, after that I started reading the books and at this moment i'm reading ADWD. Don't know what to tell anymore so that was it :wideeyed:

Welcome to you as well. I started with the series too. I just finished reading the series for the third time in a year. It's an addiction.

Edited by Arch-MaesterPhilip

G'day y'all. I'm Laura from sunny (today anyway) Melbourne, Australia.

I picked up A Game of Thrones in Houston Airport in 1997. I devoured it on the 10-hour flight to Gatwick and was hooked. There's no way of knowing how many times I've read the books. I've done a reread of the previous books just before the release of each new book. I've also slipped in rereads in the seemingly interminable waits between books.

I'm a firm believer of R + L = J, that Tyrion, Jon and Dany are the dragon's three heads and that Dany will establish a kingdom in Easteros leaving Tyrion King in the South, Jon Lord Commander of the Nights Watch and Arya Queen in the North. Ok... the last "belief" is really more wishful thinking for the dispensation of my favourite characters.