Introductions

Ran

Hi, my name is Tessa and i'm from the Netherlands. I was looking for a fanforum but their aren't really active ones in my own language and then I found this one. I'm fairly new to the books, I started with the television serie and I absolutely loved it, after that I started reading the books and at this moment i'm reading ADWD. Don't know what to tell anymore so that was it :wideeyed:

Hartelijk welcom op het board, Tessa!

Ik spreek een beetje Nederlands.

Hope you like it here.

And welcome to the other "new-comers".

Hartelijk welcom op het board, Tessa!

Ik spreek een beetje Nederlands.

Hope you like it here.

I speak zero Duth. But Imma guess this says "Hello, welcome to the board, Tessa!

I speak a little Dutch."

Cause it's basically what you hear at 2:15 AM when you're the sober guy in the bar.

Anyhow, Amsterdam is cool, as was Utrecht. But Am-dam became my role model: so many cool dads biking around with kids on either end, chatting away, made me aspire to be a cool dad when the time comes.

I didn't do an intro post before so... hi!

Love the books, like the series. Can't wait for Winds of Winter.

I enjoy fantasy of course (it all began with Tolkien) but for me, what's brilliant about George's writing, is that it reads just as much like a complex crime-mystery novel. The author's a big tease is what he is.

Anyways, nice to be here m'Lords n' Ladies.

Edited by mrlukeduke

Hi names. Rod as u can see live in California at the beach pismo to be exact like the books ther the best I've. Read I'm 47 retired not by choice :( but that's life this site relly helps me fill the total bordon of my day

so thanks for that. likes games of throwns walking dead big fan women that's one of my favorites haha

Walking my dingo dog lucky did I mention drinking ya like that to. Well that's all I got for now

melovulongtime

though I joined ASOIAF in june of 2012 after accidentally stumbling across GOT on HBO and getting hooked, I have been lurking around the board as suggested in the announcement/help sections to see just what is out there...now that I have read all the books, watched both seasons, repeatedly, and valiantly attempted to at least skim every thread, I figure this is a good place to start...

I am a 61 yr old US Navy vet and a retired marine geologist. I live on the Isle of Palms, off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina. Originally I am from the bayou country of Louisiana...what all that means is I have rarely spent more than one or two nights away from the ocean...I guess that makes me sound like an Iron Islander, but in reality I see myself more as a sailor from one of the Free Cities, Lys would be my choice for reasons I shant discuss in polite company.

My interests include fishing, sailing, books, movies, real vodka and drying my herbs the old fashion way...by smoking them!

I will make evey effort to take responsibility for my opinions, as I do in other places, by using my own version of IMO...which goes something like this...in this old asshole's opinion, this board gives not only insight into an interesting and entertaining series but also provides a great environment for theories, ideas and expansion of GRRM's original concepts!

and hopefully that is the longest post I ever make... :smoking:

Greetings, I am Vilhjálmyr!

I was born during a vicious raid on our village, carried out by one of the nomadic mountain tribes. My people managed to ward off the attackers, alas, my father fell in battle and my mother succumbed to her injuries. I was raised by Arne, the blind blacksmith, who was prudent enough to beat me every day and make me steal food from others, in order to survive. When I was six, the tribe who killed my parents returned to our village. After slaughtering them all, I decided to walk the lands, bedding women and killing men, the way of a true warrior. Never have I been bested... And so I sit, on a rock carved to resemble one of the Earth Gods, Hognír. Waiting, every day, for a warrior with fire in his heart to challenge and defeat me.

Unfortunately, the fabled internet is no place for true warriors, so here is a completely fictional account of my life:

I am Bill. My beard is as red as the robes of R'hllor. I am 23 and live in Germany. My favourite film is Jaws and my favourite part of the saga is 'A Storm of Swords'. I roll my own cigarettes, drink one beer to every supper and have never been outside of Europe. My favourite character is Davos of Seaworth, closely followed by Tormund Giantsbane. I also enjoy football (the one where you use a ball and your feet) and have a dog I call Ghost, which is not her real name.

Greetings, I am Vilhjálmyr!

I was born during a vicious raid on our village, carried out by one of the nomadic mountain tribes. My people managed to ward off the attackers, alas, my father fell in battle and my mother succumbed to her injuries. I was raised by Arne, the blind blacksmith, who was prudent enough to beat me every day and make me steal food from others, in order to survive. When I was six, the tribe who killed my parents returned to our village. After slaughtering them all, I decided to walk the lands, bedding women and killing men, the way of a true warrior. Never have I been bested... And so I sit, on a rock carved to resemble one of the Earth Gods, Hognír. Waiting, every day, for a warrior with fire in his heart to challenge and defeat me.

Unfortunately, the fabled internet is no place for true warriors, so here is a completely fictional account of my life:

I am Bill. My beard is as red as the robes of R'hllor. I am 23 and live in Germany. My favourite film is Jaws and my favourite part of the saga is 'A Storm of Swords'. I roll my own cigarettes, drink one beer to every supper and have never been outside of Europe. My favourite character is Davos of Seaworth, closely followed by Tormund Giantsbane. I also enjoy football (the one where you use a ball and your feet) and have a dog I call Ghost, which is not her real name.

Bless your heart, Bill. What an ordeal you've gone through to get to our forum. :)

Welcome! Glad you're not actually having to sit on a rock all day.

Hi all. My name is Kyle, and I have recently had my life taken over by this series... It began with watching the show, then my job takes me on the road during the week, so I purchased the audio books. I've gotten through my first full listen, and feel like my life is unfulfilled until the other books are released, so I've began the series over. I foresee the cycle of relistening to continue until the new books come out. Anyways, like most, I've gotten caught up in a lot of the speculations of the series, and am now currently working on my own theories about the unsolved mysteries. I'm glad to have found a community that this is okay in, haha!