Introductions

Ran

Hi everyone, I'm John from Belgium. Please don't throw stuff at me when I admit I actually haven't read a single word from the books yet, although I have watched the tv series probably 4 or 5 times now and absolutely LOVE it.

Let's see...

-I'm a native French speaker (that is how I try to apologize for my poor English)

-I love books in general but especially those written by Cormac McCarthy, Don DeLillo, Faulkner and a few others...

-I'm 32 and used to be a Fine-Arts student.

-I.write stuff, too.

-Oh and my username has some Gaelic words but it's only thanks to Google Translate.

Hello!

Not sure I should be posting here, as I used to post on the literature board - largely to mock Ayn Rand and try to persuade people that Mythago Wood is quite good - under a different name, but that was a long while ago so perhaps a new start is called for.

Anyhow, interesting stuff about me. Um... I suppose the main thing is that I write books and have a few SF comedy novels in print, and am currently attempting to write fantasy. At the moment I'm enjoying reading some of the newer fantasy - Lynch, Abercrombie, Gaiman and Martin - but I'm also fond of the Gormenghast books and especially Steinbeck's Acts of King Arthur.

Nice to be here - or back here - as appropriate. And Ayn Rand is still stupid. So, er, hello!

Hi all, I'm Alie! I haven't been on a forum in ages, so this is pretty exciting. I'm 26, from Texas, and fairly obsessed with the series. I read the first book about 4 years ago now and was immediately hooked! Very excited for the third season of GOT, as ASOS is my favorite of the novels so far.

I look forward to "meeting" you all!

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a Danish girl of 23 years, and currently studying computer science. I started reading ASOIAF about half a year ago, and am currently just starting ADWD. I read the books in English because it's more 'authentic' in the original language. Well, also because they only just released ASOS in danish.

Anyway, I am looking forward to posting my opinions all around this forum. Muha