Introductions

Ran

Welcome CrannogDweller, I've seen you around! But a proper welcome is in order :D

Trident full of dogs, welcome to the board! May the Old gods and the Seven grant us a short wait. Not likely though...

Hey! Very excited to be here. Hoping to n00b tube my way into the realm behind the realm, without stepping on too many boots. :cheers:

For all intents and purposes, my name is what it says my name is. For all other inquires, my name is Mike (son of Charlie). Third of my (middle) name.

My favorite POV character is Jon; the big "pay-off" moment for me (should GRRM not deny me it) will be when Jon and Arya are reunited. :read: :crying:

Welcome SaltSmokeAndSnow (SSAS?)

I'm with you on favourite POV, though I do enjoy other characters POV almost as much. And I found that they grow a lot from re-reading.

Hello everyone! Im Andrew, finally got round to joining this forum but i thought it best to finish reading Dance first which i got round to doing last week! So yeah hi. Im 20 im from Scotland and i love nerding out over this "universe"

Welcome home! Seriously, you are in the right place...

I disappeared when I first registered. Dunno why! But I'm Bacchus!

Welcome GL! Fellow Swede are we? Hoppas det för nu tänker jag skriva på svenska :) Det är alltid kul att se någon mer härifrån Svedala på forumet, vi är några stycken. Skål broder Gandalf :cheers:

All of you, have a good time on the board!

Welcome SaltSmokeAndSnow (SSAS?)

I'm with you on favourite POV, though I do enjoy other characters POV almost as much. And I found that they grow a lot from re-reading.

SSaS works!

Yes, Jon is one amongst many 'favorites':

-Jamie -Arya -Tyrion -Sansa -Littlefinger -Sandor -Stannis, Davos, Selmy

Hi, I'm making myself post here because I've been lurking for about a week but I'm too shy to post at all.

My screen name is what it is because I spent a whole day trying (failing) to think of something I'd be comfortable with so in the end I decided to make it something that made me giggle.

I've been out of a job for a little while now so I've been passing the time by reading the whole ASoIaF series (my awesome boyfriend bought ADwD for me for my birthday!) and I joined on here so I could discuss the chapters since I don't know anyone IRL who is as far along in the series as I am. (so i guess i can just wear that as a nerdy badge of pride, right?) Buuut as I said before, I've been too shy to discuss anything. :worried:

Anyway, I just finished ADwD aaand I'm happy to have found this place where I can nerd out...whenever I get over my ridiculous internet-shyness. baaabysteps. ^_^

I think there ought to be a rule that everyone has to sign up for the Rogue's Gallery. I want faces to these names...otherwise I semi-imagine conversing with whichever avatar they are sporting at the moment.

I signed up thinking it was part of the deal, here...and almost no one has done so since.

Imagine a sad face. And, because I did the right thing and joined, you can see my face and imagine it sad, as opposed to tired, happy, and looking pretentiously into the middle distance (Mont St. Michel bay, actually.)

It's stickied in this forum! No excuses!

I think there ought to be a rule that everyone has to sign up for the Rogue's Gallery. I want faces to these names...otherwise I semi-imagine conversing with whichever avatar they are sporting at the moment.

No, I completely disagree. Best it stays voluntarily.

I guess there are some people over here who wouldn't like to show their face - for several reasons. And they wouldn't be doing so out of bad will.

If you'd like to see me, just send me a PM. I'll upload a pic.

Hey, Matt. Be welcome. =o)

No, I completely disagree. Best it stays voluntarily.

I guess there are some people over here who wouldn't like to show their face - for several reasons. And they wouldn't be doing so out of bad will.

If you'd like to see me, just send me a PM. I'll upload a pic.

Hey, Matt. Be welcome. =o)

In fairness, my comment was neither entirely serious, nor entirely sober.

In fairness, my comment was neither entirely serious, nor entirely sober.

I'm guessing soberness has been in low supply for the last few days... :drunk:

Cheers, Lord_Tyrion and welcome to all the others! :cheers:

ETA: Oh, and a very happy new year! :)

Edited by TheCrannogDweller

Good day to you all :)

just had a browse around whilst at work the other day and thought i should join, read some interesting threads so far. i've been through the books twice but after reading some of the threads on here seems like i might need to get through them again.

@Lord Tyrion - your sig quote is also my favourite quote from the book and is currently adorning my desktop background.

oh maybe you want actual info about me :P

i'm sim, live on the south coast of england, 30 and a fiendish geek with a penchant for great books, great music and of course great wine!

Hey everybody! I've been lurking for years, but I recently decided to throw my hat into the ring and start posting as well. I've been an ASOIAF fan for about five years now, so I predate the TV show but I certainly haven't been around since the beginning. I'm very much looking forward to discussing this series with you all. My favorite character/POV shifte pretty frequently, and I'm commitment-phobic so I won't say anything now.

I currently live in Kansas City, MO and make my living by begging off the goodwill of my friends and sorting through various trash receptacles...ahem, that is to say, I am an unemployed college student majoring in poli sci and English (perhaps explaining my affinity toward these books). I like reading, writing, walking (but not running!) and hanging out with friends and so forth.

Incidentally, I think I'll be starting a re-read blog within the next few weeks. It will be mostly for my own self-gratification (what could I say that hasn't already been said on these forums?) but it should be fun times anyway.

Welcome, newcomers! =o)

@Simadhor_saan: It's simply true, isn't it?

I'm seldom without any kind of book. Be it fiction or non-fiction. There's also Jojen Reed's, "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one." That's also very true.

Welcome, newcomers! =o)

@Simadhor_saan: It's simply true, isn't it?

I'm seldom without any kind of book. Be it fiction or non-fiction. There's also Jojen Reed's, "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one." That's also very true.

achingly true IMO and the Jojen quote is also a good one. Tyrion is just the best character though, whilst there are lots of good characters no-one really matches up to the horrible dark wonder that is Tyrion.

achingly true IMO and the Jojen quote is also a good one. Tyrion is just the best character though, whilst there are lots of good characters no-one really matches up to the horrible dark wonder that is Tyrion.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That avatar must truly be one of the top ten horrific avatars on the Board. Maybe even top 3.

I shall have to call you "Ser Bingo Marker" whenever I see you post.

LOL you know it's kinda accidental and randon. It was only a test because the 3/4 pics I tried before wouldn't work so wanted work out whether it was the pictures I tried or just something up with the site, it will be changed ;)

Although the fact you'd call me Ser is funny, I'm like the hound,

'I am no ser'

Um, hi! First post, I'm a bit nervous. I'm a graduate student living in California; I was introduced to ASOIAF about a year and a half ago; many of my friends have read/watched & enjoyed, but...somehow no one seems to be at quite the level of crazy that I am, so. I've been lurking and reading forums for a few months now, and finally worked up the courage to show my (virtual) face!

My name comes from my dog's name (Joey); since he is a scruffy little rescue mutt, he is of course a bastard (hence Rivers). Despite the name, though, I am actually female! :)