Ran

Introductions

achingly true IMO and the Jojen quote is also a good one. Tyrion is just the best character though, whilst there are lots of good characters no-one really matches up to the horrible dark wonder that is Tyrion.

:agree: Wholeheartedly.

Um, hi! First post, I'm a bit nervous. I'm a graduate student living in California; I was introduced to ASOIAF about a year and a half ago; many of my friends have read/watched & enjoyed, but...somehow no one seems to be at quite the level of crazy that I am, so. I've been lurking and reading forums for a few months now, and finally worked up the courage to show my (virtual) face!

My name comes from my dog's name (Joey); since he is a scruffy little rescue mutt, he is of course a bastard (hence Rivers). Despite the name, though, I am actually female! :)

Hi guys! Like many of you, I'm also usually no more than a lurker, but I'm Sil, and I finished reading asoiaf last year in summer. I'm excited to be buddies with you.

I'm Sian, I live in Cardiff and study Archaeology and Ancient History and I've always wanted to be an actress.

I love reading (obviously) and writing.

I love ASOIAF so much it has now somehow been incorporated into my identity as a human being, haha!

I love everyone except most people.

Hi to all of you :)

this is my first post, and I would like to introduce myself. My "real" name is Felix, and I'm from Germany. I am 23 years old and I'm currently studying medical technology at a university of applied sciences.

I first heard about ASOIAF about one year ago. At that time the TV adaption (A game of thrones) was translated into german and many of my friends watched it. I watched the first season, and could not wait for the second to be translated, so I watched it in english ;) After this I wanted to know more about Westeros, Essos and the whole series. I decided to buy the books, and because german students often have less money, I buyed the "original" books, not the german translations (ASOIAF 1-5 in english: 25 euros, ASOIAF in german: 10 books à 15 euros = 150 euros). After reading the "whole" series, I am very interesed in theories, of how it might go on with the story. Therefor your theories are very interesting to me :)

Yeah, that was a short introduction to my person. I would like to be part of this community, and if there will sometimes be a project to translate the ASOIAF wiki or something else into german, I would like to help the translators :)

Hello all. I am new (obviously!). I'm a great fan of the the tv series, as well as the books, although am just in the process of reading A Dance With Dragons.

This looks like a nice place to hang out. :) Hi!

hi,... my name is Sara …. I am at Paris. I will be living here until 1 mars… So if you want to be my friend…

I don’t know anyone from here… so…

that’s it.

Ah, I see.

I should have used Portugese then.^^

I would like to thank all the posters that come in here to welcome posters.

You are doing good work, people.

Thanks, James.

Edited by Lord_Tyrion