Introductions

Ran

I'm Sian, I live in Cardiff and study Archaeology and Ancient History and I've always wanted to be an actress.

I love reading (obviously) and writing.

I love ASOIAF so much it has now somehow been incorporated into my identity as a human being, haha!

I love everyone except most people.

Hi to all of you :)

this is my first post, and I would like to introduce myself. My "real" name is Felix, and I'm from Germany. I am 23 years old and I'm currently studying medical technology at a university of applied sciences.

I first heard about ASOIAF about one year ago. At that time the TV adaption (A game of thrones) was translated into german and many of my friends watched it. I watched the first season, and could not wait for the second to be translated, so I watched it in english ;) After this I wanted to know more about Westeros, Essos and the whole series. I decided to buy the books, and because german students often have less money, I buyed the "original" books, not the german translations (ASOIAF 1-5 in english: 25 euros, ASOIAF in german: 10 books à 15 euros = 150 euros). After reading the "whole" series, I am very interesed in theories, of how it might go on with the story. Therefor your theories are very interesting to me :)

Yeah, that was a short introduction to my person. I would like to be part of this community, and if there will sometimes be a project to translate the ASOIAF wiki or something else into german, I would like to help the translators :)

Welcome GL! Fellow Swede are we? Hoppas det för nu tänker jag skriva på svenska :) Det är alltid kul att se någon mer härifrån Svedala på forumet, vi är några stycken. Skål broder Gandalf :cheers:

First time visiting this part of the board, but whattheheck, might just introduce myself then, especially when I see people writing in Swedish. Hej på dig!

I'm Jakob, soon to be 22, I'm (obviously) from Sweden. At the moment I've recently returned from a roadtrip through the US which transcended into a backpacking-trip through South America. All along, my best travel companions where written by George RR Martin. Since returning home I've been spending an unhealthy amount of time on this board. I hope to be able to combine this addiction with studies since I'm starting university monday, Peace and Conflict studies. So, that's me, nice talking to all of you!

And, yeah, my name is not at all ASoIaF-related, it's from a song by the Libertines (well, not originally, but tell that to 15 year old me trying to come up with a cool nickname), sorry about that one..

Edited by BillBones

And, yeah, my name is not at all ASoIaF-related, it's from a song by the Libertines (well, not originally, but tell that to 15 year old me trying to come up with a cool nickname), sorry about that one..

Welcome to Westeros, BillBones, first post! Hope there are many more to come. :)

I just assumed you were related to Lord O'Bones. :P