Introductions

Ran

Hi! I'm Vis, or V, or Vee, whatever. I'm from Chicago. This board is 100000x more intimidating and daunting than the books ever were, so I'll probably just creep around and keep my mouth shut. But, hey, whatever-- I'm looking forward to it regardless! I'm friendly so don't be afraid to say hi.

Hello Everyone! Ice here.

I'm competely a new comer here and this is my first post..I just started ASOIAF about half a year ago,but to be honest,I really love the series and couldn't stop reading it again and again! I am at ADWD now but I decided to re-read the books because I am now totally confused about the relationship of characters and can't remember some of them..Maybe I am the only one who don't really want Martin to publish the next book ASAP because I still have five books to read!!

I am from China and I am 16 (I wonder if there are many Chinese here :P).I am still learning English now.Because of my poor vocabulary,it has been a big challenge for me to read all the posts and join the discussions,but anyway I hope to make some new friends here.That's why i came here to give an introduction.

Enjoy!!

Edited by Ice Snow

:)

I'm Anth. Recently [late comer I know. :( ] became obsessed with the tv series then uber obsessed with the books. I'm about 200 pages from finishing ADWD and will be joining everyone for the excruciating wait for #6. :D

Welcome, Anth! The Board's good times. Lots of friendly people and lots of entertaining reading :) Viserys in the av? I don't see many of him around. He seems...unpopular. Bold move :thumbsup:

Spoiler for the end of ADWD:

Marty McFly arrives in his police box to do battle with the orc leader, Demandred. Shocked the hell out of me.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for sharing information and your opinions and theories on the series with others on this board. I really enjoy being able to talk to other fans and sharing ideas with them.

I'm a (late) twentysomething lady from western Europe, feeling a bit sorry for myself that my days of studying are over. I am a history nut and a bit of a romantic (turn of the century style), I wear heels even though I'm 6 ft and I am a terrible geek.

To share the excruciating waiting as Anth stated, I am looking forward to reading more from all of you!

Hey everyone,

Thank you for sharing information and your opinions and theories on the series with others on this board. I really enjoy being able to talk to other fans and sharing ideas with them.

I'm a (late) twentysomething lady from western Europe, feeling a bit sorry for myself that my days of studying are over. I am a history nut and a bit of a romantic (turn of the century style), I wear heels even though I'm 6 ft and I am a terrible geek.

To share the excruciating waiting as Anth stated, I am looking forward to reading more from all of you!

Hi! What did you study?? I'm in Uni atm studying Archaeology and Ancient History :D

First time visiting this part of the board, but whattheheck, might just introduce myself then, especially when I see people writing in Swedish. Hej på dig!

I'm Jakob, soon to be 22, I'm (obviously) from Sweden. At the moment I've recently returned from a roadtrip through the US which transcended into a backpacking-trip through South America. All along, my best travel companions where written by George RR Martin. Since returning home I've been spending an unhealthy amount of time on this board. I hope to be able to combine this addiction with studies since I'm starting university monday, Peace and Conflict studies. So, that's me, nice talking to all of you!

And, yeah, my name is not at all ASoIaF-related, it's from a song by the Libertines (well, not originally, but tell that to 15 year old me trying to come up with a cool nickname), sorry about that one..

Hej och välkommen Jakob! Peace and conflict studies are very interesting, a few of my former classmates in uni chose that as their secondary subject paired with political and environmental studies. I can only recommend throwing some national economics (macro) in there if you are aiming at a masters. It's incredibly useful stuff to know. And one of the most interesting evening classes I took was in globalization of the markets held by economics and anthropology professors. Best of luck in your studies :)

I hope you enjoy the discussions on the board!

Thanks for asking. Archaelogy and Ancient History are awesome. Do you have much fieldwork?

I studied clinical psychology and artificial intelligence. I miss those days :)

Oh wow, that sounds awesome. I haven't had any excavations yet! Hopefully will in the summer though. :cool4: