Introductions

Ran

Hello people, my name is Ryan and I am 18 years old, living in Liverpool up north in England.

I'm obviously a massive ASOIAF and I've read all the books but also im eagerly awaiting TWOW, so that's why I'm here to keep myself occupied and informed until *fingers crossed* it's finally released.

I might as well mention that in particular I'm a fan of the Houses; Baratheon & Stark and the characters Jon, Davos, Robb and of course the rightful king, Stannis Baratheon ;D.

Apart from that I like playing video games, reading and playing/watching football (soccer).

So, happy to be here. See everyone around.

Welcome, I've slightly amended your post :D

Hey guys, I'm Nipun and i'm new on board.

I started reading the books after watching the first season. Read up till AFfC after which I failed to find time for ADwD. Just got back to it, but since I had forgotten much of the story, I've restarted the series from ASoS. Almost finished with and am hoping to get on with the next book by tomorrow.

BTW, I know this might not go down well with many of you, but I kind of like the character of Roose Bolton.

Cheers

Hi, I'm Rose and I'm new to these forums (been lurking a couple of weeks)

I live in the South of England, and I'm a massive Game of Thrones/ ASOIAF fan.

I'm currently reading A Dance with Dragons for the first time, having read all the others before, two years ago.

Loving the books as I do, I had to start right from the beginning again...

Hello, new here - I live outside Seattle, way out in the sticks with snow geese, swans, herons, foxes, possums, skunks, raccoons, coyotes, bunnies, mice, voles, and eagles and hawks of all kinds, to name a few of the critters with whom I share a few acres in the North Cascade foothills. I'm a published writer, FWIW, in a much more minor way than GRRM, of course.

Got hooked on the HBO series from Day 1, after catching the Season 1 Premiere episode quite by accident, and I must say before seeing GoT I would never have thought there could be another series that could approach LOTR in my estimation, but GoT is doing a bang-up job of winning my heart and mind.

I'm rooting for Tyrion to end up on the Iron Throne. He and Arya are my personal faves amongst the characters, with Bronn and Bran not far behind. I have not read the books yet, but have them on order and anticipate their arrival soon.

Hello, Arrow!

Be welcome. =o)

Of course, it's great to read that you stick with Tyrion. And you'll even like him more when you read the books. But beware of spoilers.

And yes, one can enjoy the books after watching the show. Just bear in mind that the TV show is the TV show, and the books are the books.

:cheers:

Hello, Arrow!

Be welcome. =o)

Of course, it's great to read that you stick with Tyrion. And you'll even like him more when you read the books. But beware of spoilers.

And yes, one can enjoy the books after watching the show. Just bear in mind that the TV show is the TV show, and the books are the books.

:cheers:

Thank you for the welcome, and thanks for the warning - I'm not overly-sensitive to spoilers, as my mind stays inquisitive about other aspects of the story even if a bit of information arrives prematurely here and there. And how could Tyrion not be great as King of Westeros? I love how GRRM has given Tyrion daunting physical and emotional challenges in life - the way his family treats him is just horrible! - but has preserved his kind heart, his vulnerability, his humor, and his sharp intellect - just as with most of us, he's a very complex and intriguing person!

Thank you for the welcome, and thanks for the warning - I'm not overly-sensitive to spoilers, as my mind stays inquisitive about other aspects of the story even if a bit of information arrives prematurely here and there.

You're very welcome indeed.

And how could Tyrion not be great as King of Westeros?

I'd like to see him on the throne too. He's got very much of that skill to lead.

I love how GRRM has given Tyrion daunting physical and emotional challenges in life - the way his family treats him is just horrible! - but has preserved his kind heart, his vulnerability, his humor, and his sharp intellect - just as with most of us, he's a very complex and intriguing person!

Oh, yes. You are very right. That's why I like him as well and chose him as my avatar and user nick. I'm sometimes a bit of a scholar, too, because I read many books and learn as much languages as possible.

Hi everybody my name is Justin and I'm 20 years old and I currently reside 20 minutes outside of Los Angeles. I rcently caught up with GoT over a span of 2 and a half days and I can't get enough of it. I'm planning on reading the books once I have more time since I'm still in school. One the main attractions that I have toward the series are the different characters. Being a criminology major, I find it interesting seeing the different driving forces of each character. Also, I'm a huge Lakers and Eagles fan.

...outside Seattle....

...from Seattle....

Welcome, Cascadian brothers! Ready your craft beers for the long march to independence. When the time comes to rise up, I'll be in touch.

Welcome, Cascadian brothers! Ready your craft beers for the long march to independence. When the time comes to rise up, I'll be in touch.

Sister here, and as long as you have good coffee available, I'm there with you.

Not sure if I've introduced myself yet , but hi anyway , I'm Ginevra Katie O'Bailey ( Gin or Ginny is fine ) I'm from County Galway , Ireland , and am currently studying at Lund University , Sweden for a degree in history , I'm a massive fan of these series and English is my second language so please excuse my spelling :)

Just thought I'd say hi.. Do we need to say that we're big fans of the series ? Pretty much goes without saying I think.

However, I'm a massive fan of the series,.. Started watching the first 2 HBO's and was hooked, then read the entire book series in about 6 months finishing in Feb this year.

I feel a bit lost tbh as most of my waking hours was spent reading the books, first time ever i've been that hooked in by a story. Not really into fantasy as a genre either. Just had a baby 6 weeks ago and thought it would take my mind off it..

It hasn't.

Considering a re-read tbh.

I'm in Sunny England.

I like Theon.