Sign in to follow this  
Ran

Introductions

Thanks for the welcome!

Edited by Livus

Hey guys, I'm a 12 year old from Canada. =)

I got the aSoIaF series on New Year's Eve, and I'm currently 400 pages into aCoK (roughly). I'm starting to dive into the TV series, and I'm halfway through episode 2.

Anyways, I found this forum after Googling 'who killed Jon Arryn', lol. Started to browse around, thought this forum was neat, and decided to join. :D

Welcome @RavenOfTheNorth.

Did you find the answer to your question? I understand it to be complex fellowship of complicits.

Is Lysa telling the truth?

Who provided the poison on whose orders?

Who applied the poison?

Who came up with the idea or original plot first? Was it really Petyr or wasn'it maybe Varys or Cersei off-page?

Does it make sense?

It is a freaking great puzzle.

Have fun with the forum but keep aware of spoilers for what you haven't read yet.

Hey guys, I'm a 12 year old from Canada. =)

I got the aSoIaF series on New Year's Eve, and I'm currently 400 pages into aCoK (roughly). I'm starting to dive into the TV series, and I'm halfway through episode 2.

Anyways, I found this forum after Googling 'who killed Jon Arryn', lol. Started to browse around, thought this forum was neat, and decided to join. :D

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Ravens are awesome.

Welcome @RavenOfTheNorth.

Did you find the answer to your question? I understand it to be complex fellowship of complicits.

Is Lysa telling the truth?

Who provided the poison on whose orders?

Who applied the poison?

Who came up with the idea or original plot first? Was it really Petyr or wasn'it maybe Varys or Cersei off-page?

Does it make sense?

It is a freaking great puzzle.

Have fun with the forum but keep aware of spoilers for what you haven't read yet.

Haha thanks for the question, and yes I did find what I was looking for. =) It's a bit confusing though so I'll just wait until all is revealed. xD

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Ravens are awesome.

Thanks for the welcome!

And yes, yes they are. ;)

Hi. I'm Andrew. I'm a 43 year old from Toronto, Canada. I started reading ASOIAF back in '97 (I think?) starting with the "Blood of the Dragon" novella in Asimov's and I've been a fan ever since.

I found this site after doing a Google search to see if there was anyone who hated Terry Goodkind's writing as much as I do. Once I found the site, I fell in love with the wiki and decided to join the forum.

I chose my username, because I was born in Jamaica, so I'm pretty damn close to a Summer Islander. :) My family moved to Canada when I was 1, so I don't sound Jamaican. If anything, people are always telling me I sound American. :mellow:

I'm a big fan of SF, comics, manga, and anime. I also write in my spare time, but I'm too much of a dilletante to be considered a real writer. It's more of a fun hobby, than anything else.

Thanks for your time! :cool4:

(BTW, this is my second post.)

EDIT: One extra bit of useless info. Peter Dinklage and I were born 6 days apart. He's June 11th '69. I'm June 5th '69. We're both vegetarians (last I checked). ;)

Edited by Andrew the Summerislander

Hi. I'm Andrew. I'm a 43 year old from Toronto, Canada. I started reading ASOIAF back in '97 (I think?) starting with the "Blood of the Dragon" novella in Asimov's and I've been a fan ever since.

I found this site after doing a Google search to see if there was anyone who hated Terry Goodkind's writing as much as I do. Once I found the site, I fell in love with the wiki and decided to join the forum.

I chose my username, because I was born in Jamaica, so I'm pretty damn close to a Summer Islander. :) My family moved to Canada when I was 1, so I don't sound Jamaican. If anything, people are always telling me I sound American. :mellow:

I'm a big fan of SF, comics, manga, and anime. I also write in my spare time, but I'm too much of a dilletante to be considered a real writer. It's more of a fun hobby, than anything else.

EDIT: One extra bit of useless info. Peter Dinklage and I were born 6 days apart. He's June 11th '69. I'm June 5th '69. We're both vegetarians (last I checked). ;)

We blame Canada for everything around here but welcome Andrew.

Welcome, Andrew! :cheers:

Hope you enjoy your stay on the boards.

We blame Canada for everything around here but welcome Andrew.

Didn't we use to blame Mad Aerys, Varys, Brandon, Rhaegar, Ned, Robert, Jon Arryn, Cersei, Jamie, Littlefinger and the Daltons Boltons for everything? Oops, wrong thread.

Welcome to the forums :cheers: .

Glad to know you are a fellow vegetarian.

Didn't we use to blame Mad Aerys, Varys, Brandon, Rhaegar, Ned, Robert, Jon Arryn, Cersei, Jamie, Littlefinger and the Daltons Boltons for everything? Oops, wrong thread.

:lol: I thought we'd blame Pod. (At least, that's what I do when I type posts on my BB, and they get lost in the matrix. :leaving:)

Edited by Lord_Tyrion

:lol: I thought we'd blame Pod. (At least, that's what I do when I type posts on my BB, and they get lost in the matrix. :leaving:)

I blame the boar but hey who doesn't love a good king rib.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm looking forward to posting more. (Not tonight though. Just got back from work and I'm wiped.)

Hey Andrew,

good to see people in their middle of life joining the site, too.

Welcome to the forum, have fun!

Hey! I'm not in the middle! I'm just getting started! :lol:

Emmit here, from Texas, USA.

I may or may not have lurked. For quite awhile.

Welcome, Emmit. :cheers:

And it's nice to see you found your way.

I didn't realise this thread was here, sorry about that!

But, anyway...

I'm from Liverpool, England (but now live in Northern Ireland) and I started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series just before Christmas and am hooked. I haven't yet watched the TV show as I want to finish reading book three before hand. I started reading after being told that the books were based heavily on the Wars of the Roses (an era my Masters was based on). I'm a medievalist through and through and this is actually a pretty damn good representation of the era (minus the dragons and whatnot). Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in with the theories once I'm caught up on the books.

Edited by Elliemental

Oops. I forgot to stand up and introduce myself to the class. Hi. I'm August. 30 y/o female from the US. I started the books in right after the first season of GOT and finished them shortly thereafter. A couple years later a friend and I were discussing it and I realized how much I had forgotten, so I read them again. That's when I realized how much I missed on the first read and started googling questions and found this forum. Love it.