Introductions

Ran

Greetings! My name is Jennifer and I'm from the U.S.A. I love the show and the books, although I'm only on the second book of my first reading(I expect to re-read the series several times). Although I'm sworn to House Stark, I do enjoy anything Tyrion says, and I like the dragons and Stannis.

Welcome Midwesteros (I like your username! :) )! :cheers:

I'll echo what Hutch said. When you get into the general book discussion section, even the thread titles can give away parts of the book - and there's lots to give away! ACOK is a great book and wish I was still reading it for the first time - I'm jealous of you. I'm currently finishing up my third or fourth full reread (lost track). One great thing about Westeros (one of many) when you are ready to move onto something else and you ask for recommendations? You'll get a tidal wave of them. :)

eta

The ASOIAF abbreviations in my signature line are themselves full of spoilers, believe it or not. You really won't need them till later when you're discussing stuff in various forums with fellow westerosi and you're trying to figure out what they're talking about. ;)

Edited by honeyed chicken

Welcome to the forum Jennifer! :commie:

HC is right, Midwesteros, is a great username :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoy the boards :D

Have you seen all the currently aired episodes?

Its really smart you are reading while we have this ten month break lol

That is always a question "How to handle GoT season breaks?"

It us definitely worth the rereads! I'm currently rerereading ADwD and its cool when I notice some detail I didn't the first time.

So yeah, welcome :grouphug:

I've been posting for a couple months but I never did an introduction. Been an avid reader, rereader of this series since book 1. Been lurking the forums for years. The tapatalk app has been wonderful in helping me participate being on the go most of the time. You can find me in the book sections almost daily now. I love throwing in my 2 cents when I think useful.

Edited by Narvi

I've been posting for a couple months but I never did an introduction. Been an avid reader, rereader of this series since book 1. Been lurking the forums for years. The tapatalk app has been wonderful in helping me participate being on the go most of the time. You can find me in the book sections almost daily now. I love throwing in my 2 cents when I think useful.

Welcome, Narvi, to the boards! :cheers:

Welcome, Narvi. I've been waiting for an opportunity to welcome someone before K_T or HC for a while now, so yay!

:cheers:

Enjoy your experience posting in General while it lasts.

Heh. You did it.

Welcome @Lady Isis, @Midwesteros, @Narvi and @VoteTyrion!

Greetings! My name is Jennifer and I'm from the U.S.A. I love the show and the books, although I'm only on the second book of my first reading(I expect to re-read the series several times). Although I'm sworn to House Stark, I do enjoy anything Tyrion says, and I like the dragons and Stannis.

beware of all too many spoilers everywhere! Keep reading all the books!

you guys are awesome!

and remember...
VoteTyrion!

thanks!

for triarch? ;-)

hi

ive been reading this forum for a while now.. thought might as well sign up to it!

you guys are awesome!

and remember...

VoteTyrion!

Welcome Narvi & Vote Tyrion! :cheers:

I love this thread. Lots of happy greeters at the "door to westeros"! :)

If you have any questions about the site be sure to ask. If one of us can answer we will or we will find someone who can.

Here's a link I share from time to time. It's a thread I posted when I got started a little over a year ago and I asked the "older heads" on the board what threads they would recommend to a noob like me.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/92504-what-threads-would-you-recommend/

There's also a thread for abbreviations, in case you encounter one you can't decipher - it's linked in my signature line, below. If you meet one that is not on he list, post about on the abbreviations thread and I or someone will find the answer for you.

If you like games, there's a whole forum for you. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/18-forum-games/

And other than that there's a ton of chit chat about great books in entertainment; there's political discussion; there's even sports (we had a whole forum just for the World Cup tin June and July.

Have fun!!

Edited by honeyed chicken

Hello everyone! I'm Ser Bucket (though you all can just call me Bucket =P). Game of Thrones is definitely one of my favorite things, in like....my whole life. Its seriously so fresh and macabre and darkly humorous and surprising and I just love it. I hope you guys don't hate show-only watchers (I'm sorry!!), as I haven't read the books yet, but I did just buy the first book and I intend to read that very soon.

Anyways, I've been in and around forums for a long time, but the one I normally frequent has declined rather sharply, so I'm on a quest to find a new home! Can't wait to start posting and hope to see you all around!

~All Hail Stannis, The One True King of Westeros!!!~

I hope you guys don't hate show-only watchers (I'm sorry!!), as I haven't read the books yet, but I did just buy the first book and I intend to read that very soon.

We don't.

Welcome Ser Bucket! And beware, the forum is dark and full of spoilers, especially to non-readers! So read you books, multiply the fun!

Hello everyone!

I joined in some time ago but nevere seen this thread until recently..

Anyway..just wanted to thank all people here, you are very very nice intelligent and interesting people.

Here I can always find some food for thought, I have discovered I missed so much in reading...when I finished the book I started re-reading but..how could I just wait for TWOW to be released?

This forum really "saved" me!

I like the games, I like weird theories, I can always expect at least one good laugh in some threads, and I can always find help in understanding things big and small.

Even the stupidest question goes never unanswered and very kindly too.

I am not yet familiar with all the many many possibility of the forum, mainly because I spend most of my free time on the threads, I like them too much!

Shortly, thank you all parcitipants and mods for you wit, patience and keeping this forum!

:grouphug: