Introductions

Ran

Hello all,

I recently fell in love with this series cause of the HBO show. My name is Devan and so is Davos Seaworth's son is named Devan, I think squire to Stannis still. I hope to have a nice stay here on this board.

My absolutely favorite character in this series is Jon Snow, I might shed a tear if he dies. It used to be Robb Stark until the red wedding. Now I despise the whole Frey family.

Thank You

Welcome, Devan. Jon dies in a drunken snowball fight at the beginning of ADWD. Sorry, bro.

I'm Jeff, known more as "Jag" to shorten my screen name. Which is just my First Initial, Second initial and the first four of last name. I've been told that people think I'm a spam-bot just from my screen name.

I like to read books... Obviously.

Uhm, from Newcastle, Wyoming. Hunt, Fish, Camp... etc.

I play Mafia on a few forums, see you guys have it here too, but yours seems different, I'll have to watch a game or two.

Hi Jeff. There are already quite a few jags on the board already, so beware. Enjoy your stay!

Hello there.

I'm one of those noobs who found out about the series through the tv show, and have become quite fond of the books in a short amount of time. Aside from ASOIAF, I enjoy playing and listening to music, making things explode, and generally being a dikfor on the internet. I'm also fond of women, especially those with awesome breasts.

That's about it.

Welcome, Laeif. You're in the right place, as we have the awesomest breasts on the internet right here. Check your inbox, I have already sent you a picture of mine.

Howdy all got turned on to this series by HBO. Obviously read the books and don't have any specific genre that I favor. A good book is a good book, although as a general rule I despise Charles Dickens.

Other than that I am active on a couple of other forum and enjoy cigars, bourbon and sports.

Welcome, Breedy. I got you this, in hopes that it might bring you around on the Dickens thing.

I might as well jump in here. I've been a fan for 10+years after coming across the 1st book in the public library back in South Africa. Since then I've devoured all the books and the short stories about Egg and Dunk.

I tend to have a good laugh when friends recommend "A Game of Thrones" to me after they've read it because they enjoyed the tv series. All I do is show then my signed copy...

Okay it's mean I know, but their reactions tend to be priceless.

Hello, mrmrsmith. It is good to put your friends in their place once in awhile. Establishes credibility. Welcome.

howdy everyone...well that's it i guess. like everyone else i eagerly await the new book and have already reread the previous ones to get ready.

Hey jasonkramer. If you are the radio DJ who played my band on KCRW all those years ago: thanks. If not: well, welcome to the boards anyway.

Hello! So, I had never even heard of GoT, but I ordered HBO so I could watch the new season of TB...and I'm pretty sure the GoT came on the next day, and i watched it, and I was hooked.

Seriously though, I love the fantasy books...SoT,WoT, even the Belgariad and the Xanth series...but I had never heard of this series...now, after about a month, I'm on the 3rd book, racing through as fast as I can...

Anyways, that's my story. Cheers! :D

Welcome, PearlyQ. I don't want to interrupt your reading, as you've got some way to go yet. So carry on.

Hi!

I decided to join after lurking here for a few weeks. I just finished my reread of ASOIAF in preparation of ADWD. I can't wait! I've managed to stay strong and not look at any spoilers but it has been hard.

I am a big SFF fan and I like long walks along the beach. Seriously, what does one say in these intro posts. <_<

Hope to get to know you guys soon!

Hello, Lady Arg, and welcome. I just came back from a long walk on the beach myself, where I met an unsurprising number of douchebags playing guitars. Now I have a number of Sublime songs competing in my head.

Welcome, Devan. Jon dies in a drunken snowball fight at the beginning of ADWD. Sorry, bro.

Welcome, Laeif. You're in the right place, as we have the awesomest breasts on the internet right here. Check your inbox, I have already sent you a picture of mine.

Hello, mrmrsmith. It is good to put your friends in their place once in awhile. Establishes credibility. Welcome.

Welcome, PearlyQ. I don't want to interrupt your reading, as you've got some way to go yet. So carry on.

Hello, Lady Arg, and welcome. I just came back from a long walk on the beach myself, where I met an unsurprising number of douchebags playing guitars. Now I have a number of Sublime songs competing in my head.

not sure if I'm allowed to do this but screw it; have to.

nas (Wit), :devil: has anyone ever told you you're a bit out to lunch, although an interesting welcome committee all by yourself.

there is a character, from an author almost as good as GRRM, based on you...

"The King’s Wit was not a silly court fool such as one might find in other kingdoms. He was a sword, a tool maintained by the king. Insulting others was beneath the dignity of the king, so just as one used gloves when forced to handle something vile, the king retained a Wit so he didn’t have to debase himself to the level of rudeness or offensiveness."

not sure if I'm allowed to do this but screw it; have to.

nas (Wit), :devil: has anyone ever told you you're a bit out to lunch, although an interesting welcome committee all by yourself.

there is a character, from an author almost as good as GRRM, based on you...

"The King’s Wit was not a silly court fool such as one might find in other kingdoms. He was a sword, a tool maintained by the king. Insulting others was beneath the dignity of the king, so just as one used gloves when forced to handle something vile, the king retained a Wit so he didn’t have to debase himself to the level of rudeness or offensiveness."

It is never my intention to offend. Welcome, btw.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hailing from the land next to the land down under.

Reading through some of the posts on the boards definitely make the work day far more enjoyable.

Welcome Ser Kiwi. :)

Does reading the boards make up for the Reds win on the weekend? :P

Welcome Ser Kiwi. :)

Does reading the boards make up for the Reds win on the weekend? :P

Not being a Crusaders fan helps too. :) That being said, for a team that's usually polarising the earthquakes have definitely brought NZ behind the Crusaders. At least we got our loss-at-the-last-hurdle out of the way now and not during the World Cup!

Oh hi! *stumbles into welcoming thread with a bang to the head* Greetings from the fair (OK, not so fair, more.... rainy) lands of Cheshire, England. I started reading GoT somewhat reluctantly on a friend's reccomendation, and... well, I lost my reluctance rather quickly. I started reading around the time the show was aired, so it was fun to watch and read almost simultaneously - although it might have been less traumatizing to read the events of episode 9 first

instead of gloat smugly at the screen as I waited for someone to come to the rescue, riiight up to the point where the credits rolled, and then proceed to stare dumbly for some minutes afterwards...

This is actually my first expedition into the jungle of proper adult fantasy literature - hoping I'm not going to be too spoilt by this series to the point that not much else will compare. :lol:

My main passion is music. I've tried playing it, and resigned myself to the fact that sounding anything near 'good' on a violin is something that is not going to happen for many years, so in the meantime I just travel the world to hear it. Or, more accurately, to hear my favourite artist... luckily for my bank balance I do have just the one I love above all others. :rofl:

So, nice to be here, I hope to get to know many of you, and I'll try and keep myself active with moderately interesting posts, although I guess to do that I'd better get back to reading. ;)

Hi from Bath, England!

I have recently started reading the books and am currently on A Storm of Swords book 1 (about 50% of the way through). I am loving it massively and can't wait 'til i'm up to date so I don't run the risk of having the story spoiled by bitter and twisted individuals (although they mostly hang around IMDB ;) ).

Not being a Crusaders fan helps too. :) That being said, for a team that's usually polarising the earthquakes have definitely brought NZ behind the Crusaders. At least we got our loss-at-the-last-hurdle out of the way now and not during the World Cup!

Ha I wouldn't be so sure about that. Those damn Aussies do tend to be a much better side when the Reds are in flow. Cooper maybe the Lynagh. Either way Ireland (and me) are done at the WC.

Read the series back in 2007 then forgot about it until HBO stepped up. Not a massive SFF fan, but I do like well written literature. I'm into rugby, play Tag Rugby (I'm old), hardcore punk, math rock and keeping my missus happy.

Hello! My name is Gianni and I started reading GoT on a coworkers recommendation. I only learned of the show from the hbo banner atop the book. I started thus Saturday and am almost finished. I purchased Kings today to make ready.

I worry of spoilers.....

I'm from Las Vegas, NV and 25.

Tosca, MattyP, flypanam, and Gianni - Welcome.

Have fun and enjoy the place. Gianni - be wary of exploring threads that are not clearly marked as spoiler threads. Probably the safest place for you will be the "AGOT" thread in the "Still Reading" forums. :)

Hi everyone! I came to ASoIaF via historical fiction, not fantasy, and I actually really dragged my heels on getting into it, all "Dragons? Magicks? Supernatural beings? Hmmmm." But a few trusted friends talked up the characters and politics quite enthusiastically, and the Wars of the Roses is one of my favorite periods for literature, and so I snagged AGoT and read it cover-to-cover while I was home sick from work yesterday (What. I was really sick. WHAT.). And now I've started ACoK* and I'm totally hooked and dammit, I am back at work.

*A-Cok. Hee.

I thought it might be polite to toss up a post here too. ^^

My brothers had pestered me for some time about this book series called "Song of ice and fire" and finally I gave in and borrowed their paperback editions...And by the time I had seen Eddard Stark execute the poor Watchman from the Prologue and the direwolf pups had been found I was hooked.

I purchased a subscription to Canal+ (which airs all the good HBO series here) just so I could watch Game of Thrones from the beginning and I knew I had to get my own copy of DWD when that came out.

So I thought, why not use the new book as an excuse to chat with other fans online? Thus I finally got an account here after lurking for a while anonymously. ^^

Favorite characters include Jon, Daenarys and Tyrion, like most other people. I also like Bran and Arya and...hopefully I wont be beheaded for saying I find Jaime in the later books a very interesting character.

(Might join BWB at some point, yess...)

I'm Justin, but you all can call me Owen. I like to pretend Owen is a sellsword, and sometimes hedge knight of renown who comes from the long defunct house of Darklock.

Anyways, me in particular, I'm from WA, the desert side, and am 29, and about to get married in 6 days. Been a huge fan of Martin for years.

Hi I'm Jude - or Judy depending on the mood of who ever is talking to me. If you call me Judith, I'll feel like I'm sitting an exam or in deep trouble.

I'm a kiwi, who married a POM so I've been replanted from NZ into Lancashire.

I've been a fan of fantasy and sci-fi books ever since I started reading (about age 4). I'm also a big fan of SF & Fantasy art, and a role player as well. I love writing that has depth, reality and ultimately belivability. I've been a Tolkien nut for over 4 decades, and I'm also a big fan of C J Cherryh and Robin Hobb. For some daft reason I'm a relative newcomer to ASOIAF, and I have to say I'm very, very impressed.

Hello! I'm Dickon Manwoody, otherwise known as Woody.

I only got into ASoIaF when I heard it was a big influence for one of my favorite CRPGs of all time... Dragon Age: Origins. Imagine my surprise when I begun reading and realized that "evil" queen who locked me up after betraying me was nowhere as morally deficient as Cersei Lannister. Somewhere between late 2009 and 2010, I finished reading all four books at breakneck pac I was overcome with joy to hear that A Dance With Dragons was coming out. I realize I've gotten off lucky compared to some of you loyal fans who have been waiting for years and years.

I'm nocturnal. I enjoy reading, writing, playing CRPGs and cycling. I also keep Mr. GRRM as my source of motivation for finishing my own novel. Every time I feel like complaining or giving up, I thank the nameless gods of the wood that I'm not writing something nearly a quarter as complicated as ASoIaF. :D

Edited by Dickon Manwoody