Introductions

Ran

Welcome new members! Enjoy your stay and be careful of spoilers.

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to say hi to you all. I've been a long-time lurker on the forums but only just took the plunge and signed-up.

I look forward to making a positive contribution to the forums, from which I have gleaned so much information and different perspectives on these books we all love so much.

Just one opening question; am I correct in thinking that you can't add a picture to your profile until you've made a certain number of posts, or am I just not intelligent enough to have spotted where this facility already exists?

Solar

PS ~ Oh, and by the way... Stannis is the rightful king!

There, I'm straight off the fence on that one! :cool4:

I see you've already added a picture so you've most likely answered your own question? You'll need to accumulate 700 posts before you can change the title above your AV but that is the only restriction. Soon as you hit "Council Member" you should be ready for a custom. If you're really wanting to get there sooner than later (Takes some years!) I suggest the TTNE spam threads in Forum Games.

Hello, I am new here. I began reading ASOIAF when the books first started coming out, but set them aside before the great hiatus. When I heard about the HBO show starting, I went back to the series and reread everything up to now.

I'm an enabler that has made several other friends and my sister deeply care about these books and the characters. I'm also pretty invested in the HBO show now, too.

Greetings e-Friends,

I just recently finished the last released text and figured it was safe to approach the internet in regards to the series. I am really glad I waited, as I think resisting the spoiler threads would have been very difficult.

I live in Istanbul and it's fun to watch the hype that the series is generating here. They just started the TV series and there are adverts for it everywhere. I have met people who don't speak fluent English, but are still attempting to push through the books to get ahead of the TV series. I am glad that despite living here, I can find the occasional fan to discuss it with.

That being said, I have probably also pushed the series on every friend I have (here and back in the USA). I am looking forward to reading some of the predictions that I've seen floating around these parts.

hello :)

i just signed up and tossed in couple posts in the the "still reading" section. I'm half way through SoS and needed to talk about the books to someone and no one I know is reading them (yet...they will). I was introduced to the books through the series and with out that I'm sure I never would have been able to stick with the book b/c I was initially overwhelmed by the amount of people, places and things!!!! But I got into the style and am surprised by how sucked into it I get.

Just a great powerhouse of a story and can't wait to really start kicking ideas and opinions around :)

Happy New Year!

Hey everyone :D

My name is Carolina, though most people just call me Nina ^^ I'm 16.

I started reading ASOIF after my sister got obsessed with this series and I have to admit that it's one of the best series I've ever read :3.

I love chatting online, so.. anybody who feels like chatting with some random-weird girl just PM me 8D. I shall answer you with all my happiness and randomness 8D

ps: I was wondering if anybody could help me with my profile pic- ( I'm feeling dumb already, >.>)

ps2: I was also wondering if there are any anime/manga lovers who're into ASOIAF(like me XD)????

Howdy. Just joined and this is my first post.

I'm Tom, live in the Los Angeles area, and an a card-carrying Senior Citizen. I started reading the books when I read about the TV series, which I haven't seen due to having fired the cable company years ago. Have only read the first 4, and am re-reading them to pick up the bits of info that I may have skipped before. Funny how you can see the seeds of what happened later when you go back.

I sort of wonder if the whole 7 books will be written before GRRM kicks off. Shame if he dies with the story unfinished.

So yeah, I'm new here, but if any of you frequent The Onion's sister site, www.avclub.com, you may know me from there.

I got into the books after I started watching the HBO series a few months ago and gave in to temptation with gleeful abandon. When a story or a world, or an artist or an idea, is compelling to me, I voraciously devour everything about it and become an exceedingly geeky expert about it, to the unfortunate detriment of whatever else in my life is going on at the time.

Well, having now reached that point with ASOIAF, I thought I'd drop in here, to parse the finer points of the series, be tipped off to things I might have missed, and share my thoughts with other fans.

I have to admit, I was rolling my eyes at many of the "theories" and interpretations offered, but then I remember that YouTube comments exist, and remind myself not to be so hard on people who at least are reading ;) Besides, for every 5 of those, there's at least 1 that's interesting, unique, well thought-out, or even downright brilliant. So I have a feeling I'm going to have to stick around, lest I miss one :)

Great to meet you all!

Hello! So, I am a fairly new fan of this... well, no word really covers this series. I saw the TV show, two or three months ago, in the course of a few days... and wow. I don't think I've loved something so much... ever probably. I only bought the first three books earlier today, actually and have now started reading A Clash of Kings (I'll probably end up reading A Game of Thrones at the same time). They are great so far. The whole opening prologue to Clash of Kings was amazing... a little tale of its own. Nice to meet others who love this! :D

Hello there! My name is Aline, I'm from Rio de Janeiro, and I started reading the series last January (didn't get to my country before that; it was the first time I heard about it, actually). I've been visiting some threads for a while, registered in the forum a few months ago, but didn't have the time to post here before. This place has the deepest discussions on the series I've seen so far, which is basically why I intend to visit this as frequently as possible, and preferably make some useful contributions to one discussion or another. I started re-reading the series a couple weeks ago, so maybe being useful isn't that unlikely ^.^

Edited by Lady Octarina

Hi--I should have introduced myself a week ago. My name is Michelle but you can call me Ladywhiskers. I personally want Tommen's kittens to be the heads of the dragon.

I don't seem to be able to stop reading and posting. I was lurking for a very, very long time, but now I'm posting, so cheers!

Hi! I'm a newbie to the forum, as well as the books. :) I'm from Canada, and from what I can see, I'm probably one of the younger posters here. Uh, well, I kind of zoomed through all of the books this past summer, and I'm hoping to start a re-read after my exams are finished. I'm totally hooked and can't wait for the next one.

So, yep, I'm excited to join the community and discuss GRRM's series!

Hello,

I have been reading the boards for a few months now and just joined. I am 33 live in Florida and am also a GRRMaholic. I LOVE this series. It is one of the most engrossing fantasy worlds to be written. LOTR is the best of course but until the Hobbit movie comes out this year and the next ASOIAF book comes out in 3-4 years I will be reading the boards and checking the Citadel etc for any updates on the WOW. I read all of the books in 2003 and then started waiting and waiting and waiting...... If I had known that I would have to wait 8 years for ADWD. Again glad to be on the boards and reading all the interesting threads and fan theories.