BwB Get Together in Dublin

GoN

*frazzled*

It is nearly 8pm. I still haven't started packing or anything. In fact I'm still at work. Probably be here an hour or two. Grr.

Why did my students choose to have their first ever flame war today on the discussion forum I administrate? I've spent about three hours responding to postings, deleting posts, sending warnings, calming people, apologising to people, and trying to brief/warn the unwitting colleague who offered to moderate the forum while I am away.

Now I'm trying to write an on-line computer-marked quiz which I have to finish today.

:cry: *despairs*

I need that haven of peace and tranquillity which is Temple Bar, Dublin. :P

Probably wont make it on here before I leave, so...............

Wahoooo!!!! Seany's off to Dublin, Seany's off to Dublin, la la la la, la la la la!!!! :D

Soph, Lyanna and Zollo - See ya in the red bar at the airport. :cheers:

The rest of you, I shall see in Temple bar. :)

Why did my students choose to have their first ever flame war today on the discussion forum I administrate?

Bloody students! :hat: (i see this as a student emoticom)

Busy packing at the moment. Actually no i'm not, i've just been for a meal and am now drinking wine. Ah well tonnes of time :|

See you all soon!

WOOT MUTHA FUCKA

Well, I know I mentioned in chat that I could get really cheap airfare...

Ahhhh...I knew the deity must have a good reason. I must have lost the memo about the weather. ;)

You are coming to Ireland Filippa. Its going to rain. :P Its just a matter of whether you will be lucky enough to be inside at the time.

Paddy, I think Barry replied at 18:22 to your question. Sounded like they are going to be there from at least 12:00 to 14:00. Probably 12:00 to 23:30...

Oh...

Barry is on the Right

Zak is holding the haggis...really

Edited to correct links

Ahhhh...I knew the deity must have a good reason. I must have lost the memo about the weather. ;)

The funny part is that I said American was having a great sale in October. And then I wasn't even coming for the longest time, cause I had no money, but you guys ran with that "Dublin" thing. Thankfully, Aoife found me a lovely ticket, even if I do have to change in Heathrow on the way back.

hey paddy.

sound. i'll get there between 12 and 12.30. We'll try and stick around until at least 2pm. Those pictures pod pasted are good - here's another one of us http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/Quic...s/manpretty.jpg

And one of me (but siedways) -

http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imag01264tc.jpg

how will we recognise you and what is your RL name. I'm Kit and Barry is Ronan but he'll just get called barry anyway :)

Bloody students! :hat: (i see this as a student emoticom)

Busy packing at the moment. Actually no i'm not, i've just been for a meal and am now drinking wine. Ah well tonnes of time :|

Bloody students indeed! I've only just got back from work. Now I need to wash up, eat, feed cats, change cat litter, tidy house ready for catsitter, and..pack. Perhaps if I have some wine I'll feel laid back like Zak...but then again it might send me to sleep so I better not risk it.

*rushes off*

P.S. It is 11pm.

how will we recognise you and what is your RL name. I'm Kit and Barry is Ronan but he'll just get called barry anyway :)

Imaginatively enough, my real name is Paddy. Unfortunately I've yet to be knighted, so it's okay to drop the 'Ser' (although, my Dad is getting an MBE from the queen in a few weeks :)).

Hmm, as for recognising, I'm quite tall and I'll be wearing a coat. I'll probably also wear my black T-shirt which has my avatar on it (my very own logo, yay!) B)

Safe journey to everyone who's travelling tomorrow. I'll probably report into the board afterwards.

The funny part is that I said American was having a great sale in October.

Silly American. November is even less popular than October! Especially when we have direct flights to Chicago with them nowadays. :)

my Dad is getting an MBE from the queen in a few weeks

Wow...congrats Ser Paddy! That's nice. Closest a lot of us will get to a real knight. :P

And good luck Sophie!

Wow...congrats Ser Paddy! That's nice. Closest a lot of us will get to a real knight. :P

Yeah, it is really cool.

He got it for doing work in the local community and for raising money for charity (he's done all 26 Dublin Marathons - he did the last one (on 31st October) after having fallen off his bike and hurt his groin like 3 weeks before, but he made it to the end :))

I can't help but feel the fact that he's a Northern Irish Catholic might have helped too :P

4am and I think I'm packed and ready now. Guess I'd better get a few hours sleep. I am soooo glad I didn't go for that early morning flight. Hope I don't fall asleep on the train and miss my stop.Stop burbling Sophelia.:smash:

Go to bed.:whip:

*flees avenging self*

I can't help but feel the fact that he's a Northern Irish Catholic might have helped too :P

:lol: You might have a point.

But anyone that runs a marathon deserves something cool. As for a marathon of marathons. Wow...

Edited to add: Just met Zak. So the Dublin meet has offically begun with some coffee and tea in Dublin airport for 45 minutes or so. :P Its going to be fun...

I just spoke to the house manager and she'd really prefer someone to be there between 4 and 5 to get the key (so normal office hours). Any volunteers? She will wait until 6 (the earliest I could be there) if she has to, but it's later than she'd like.

Crap. I didn't see this earlier. :

I just met Zak and we were talking about getting the key. But we were thinking it would be easiest for you to get it, since you booked the place. We didn't realise there was a time issue.

I wouldn't be able to leave work early either.

Maybe if Ser Paddy sees this he can pass the message onto Zak and Barry. Its 17 Eustace Place right?

Archived