I DID IT

Theda Baratheon

Even if you've graduated the University's Career Service will still be available to you, I imagine they'll probably spend a lot of their time over the summer helping this year's graduates.

Hmmmm. Thanks I will have a look. I just remember seeing that I stop being a student on the 12th; hopefully I can still log into the website and stuff lol.

I really do love ancient History but I don't think a related career seems that likely. I do like the idea of being a researcher though, research stuff for the BBC would be cool :P might not pay brilliantly but can see myself enjoying that

Every time someone like Crossrail starts digging in London, they need archaeological/ancient history types to work on the pottery shards that turn up.

Theda, just got home and saw this thread - my very best congratulations!

(I knew you could do it!!!)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Theda, my beautiful, you've come such a long way!! I'm so very proud of you!!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you!

Every time someone like Crossrail starts digging in London, they need archaeological/ancient history types to work on the pottery shards that turn up.

:cool4:

That would be pretty cool but I was very much classics based rather than practical, almost like english literature really; I wrote my dissertation on a play :D granted it was an ancient greek play but still

Thank you :) I don't think my parents will come to my graduation now but I'm determined to be proud of myself on the day and am applying for all sorts of jobs now so will hopefully have something full time and my own place by next year which is what im working towards now :)

Appreciated all the lovely comments in this thread :grouphug:

Thank you :) I don't think my parents will come to my graduation now but I'm determined to be proud of myself on the day and am applying for all sorts of jobs now so will hopefully have something full time and my own place by next year which is what im working towards now :)

Appreciated all the lovely comments in this thread :grouphug:

OT, but:

I'll be in Oxford for the last week of September if you're up for a get together.

Open invitation? :p

Of course! I will briefly revive my Euro-Trip thread long enough to put down my remaining itinerary so as to hopefully meet some of you wonderful pseudonyms in person. Short version w/o specific dates:

Now: Barcelona

Day after tomorrow: Seville for 8

Then Granada for 4, Córdoba for 4, 2 day stopover in Madrid before 4 days in Milan, a week in Kraków, another week in Prague, 2 weeks in Berlin, week and a half in Budapest, then Madrid again, Toledo, Salamanca, maybe Edinburgh, London, Oxford, French Riviera, then back to London and out.

Already done: London, Lisbon, Rome, Dublin, Bruges, Brussels, and now here, Barcelona. Had to alter some plans because my cuz is coming along for some of it.

Edit: am a bit out of it; sorry for hijacking thread, TB. I guess I thought I had somehow teleported to my Euro-thread.

Archived