New Wiki Editors

Linda

Hello! I'm a huge fan of Game of thrones, both the books and the show. I also have a lot of information and knowledge about the books.

Mostly because I read each book at least 6 times, to make sure I don't miss anything. So I think I would be a great asset to both this site and the wiki.

I should also say, that I know a lot about the history of the world, not just what's happening now.

Edited by BlackStag123

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Greetings! I'm BrienneTheBlue112, and I'm fairly new here. I'm hoping to help with editing AWOIAF pages, mainly for grammatical errors, but as I appear to be logged in here, when I go to a Wiki page, I'm not logged in. When I try to log in there, it won't let me? Am I doing something wrong? Can someone please advise? Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm signing up in order to fill out some of the character pages that don't currently have a portrait. I've done a couple and will be working out how to add those soon, with more hopefully on the way. 

• 5 months later...

Hello, everyone. I've been using this wiki for years now, mainly as a source for my ongoing family tree. I'd like to get into editing, though. Is there anything you recommend getting started with? I'd imagine that it's a pretty busy time, what with the moratorium in effect until tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but a fan of the ASOIAF books for years. I like spending time on the wiki and learning more about the world GRRM has created. I decided to contribute with the editing process (typos, add missing little things here and there, ...) and I created an account in here.

Unfortunately, when I tried to login from a Wiki page it didn't work (I tried several times after that). I can log in here without problem but when I go to the a Wiki page I'm not logged in. Am I doing something wrong ? Can somebody tell me what to do, please ?

Thank you and good day to all,

Thomaerys Velaryon

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all :D

I am Vaith, someone who's had a lot of time on their hands to go through F&B and create pages for the new characters, locations, houses, etc. That will probably be my main focus, though I have already began to make little edits to pages concerning the main novels too, and have made some new categories etc. I have some experience in wiki-editing (mostly over at the Doctor Who wiki) and am already fairly confident about how stuff works.

Nice to meet all of you :D

11 hours ago, cristina1996 said:

Hi everyone, some days ago I wrote this topic:

in order to get a wiki account. I don't know if I should have done in another way or I should have written it here. Can you help me please? 

Hi cristina1996, did you post in this subforum? https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/forum/121-wiki-account-registration/ (I believe regular users cannot see posts there, only staff)

I think it depends on how long it takes for the staff to see it and make an account for you. Then I think you should get an email (on the address you used to sign up for A Forum of Ice and Fire) giving you a temporary password. Hope this helps! :) 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm Sara and I've signed up in hope to contribute to the wiki, particularly to timelines and such.

If I wanted to write some posts to discuss some possible inaccuracies in the timelines, to which thread should I reply? (Or should I start a new one?)

I've seen the Timeline'project thread, but it's more about ASOIAF than Fire and Blood, so I'm not sure whether it's the right place to start or not.

20 hours ago, Sara Barbè said:

Hi everyone, I'm Sara and I've signed up in hope to contribute to the wiki, particularly to timelines and such.

If I wanted to write some posts to discuss some possible inaccuracies in the timelines, to which thread should I reply? (Or should I start a new one?)

I've seen the Timeline'project thread, but it's more about ASOIAF than Fire and Blood, so I'm not sure whether it's the right place to start or not.

Welcome!

The Timeline Project is meant for all ASOIAF materials, including Fire & Blood! :) So please share your thoughts, I'd be very interested!

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am an editor on Wikipedia, where I use the same username as here. I've been making my way through the books and have noticed a few places where the summaries on AWOIAF could benefit from improvement or expansion. Is it possible to get approved for editing the Wiki here? Thank you!

• 7 months later...

Hello, I registered here a long time ago in order to be able to edit the Wiki since I have a little list of inaccuracies to correct (still valid a year and a half after!), but with the 5 posts requirement, I ended up not editing anything as I was more of a reader than a participant in discussions (I never felt the need for an account). Add to that some IRL stuff happening, and I never materialized that promise to post or to edit the Wiki that I had made.

I have browsed the site and read countless discussions (mostly in the novels section), since many years ago, but never felt quite like posting, but now I have a little more time so that will hopefully change, let's use that account I created some time ago for that!

• 4 months later...

I just created an account about two months ago so I could fix small things such as grammar whenever I came across it. I could never log in so I just dropped the notion of doing it until today when I read that you need three posts on the forum to be able to log in. So here I am on post #1!

• 5 months later...

Greetings all and Happy Holidays!

I'm new to the forum but have been reading the ASOIAF book series for about two years now; currently on "A Dance With Dragons". I'm not interested in watching the HBO series because I want to create the characters and scenery in my own mind. Will I watch the series after finishing the books?...probably not, but we'll see. That's all I've got for now.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

I'm Corvus Black, and my wiki editor account has just been approved. A long time fan of ASOIAF but a new member of this particular forum, I've noticed some missing or inaccurate information on a few articles on the wiki. I want to help clean it up and make it as accurate as possible.