PebbleCon 25th Nov 2017 UK - AKA A really Big Birthday Party

Hi imaginary Internet friends,

I’m having a big 40th birthday party on Sat 25th November 2017. Yes it’s early, but experience tells me that large function rooms tend to get booked up for Xmas, so I need to actually start thinking about this and looking for a suitable venue.

The Party will be either in very short walking distance to a hotel or in one. It will be somewhere in Essex with access to a train station or maybe London.

My Husband is still kinda terrified of all my imaginary internet friends even if he has met some of you already. He has agreed that I can have a Birthday party with lots of you there. There will also be many of my family and other friends there as well.

If you know me and we have interacted on some level and you think you both want to and will be able to come, please let me know. I’m not looking for firm commitments right now just trying to gauge how big a venue I need. Please also let me know if you think you will want to stay in a hotel room for the night.

Yes I could PM you all directly, but there is not enough space in my inbox. Exact details will be sent privately nearer the time.

Love to all.

Pebbles.

well I remember how far in advance many places got booked up when organizing the wedding. Ok that was Summer, but I have a specific date in mind and these type of places start organizing Xmas parties then. so I have to book up 18 months in advance. (ok that still gives me a year to find somewhere and since I need a hotel with good transport links with several rooms this does limit my choices)

I'd love to be there! (+1, maybe?)

I'm slightly less imaginary than the others, so maybe you can use me as an example to get hubby used to the idea. Then again, maybe not... ;)

Lany Thats a long way to come for a one evening event. as much as I'd love to have you, you may be better off saving the money for either Helsinki (If it wins) or TitanCon.

Aly I'll be crossing my fingers that your a +1

And yes getting hubby to meet a few of you guys at a time is all part of the long term plan.

Wee_Birdie Love your enthusiasum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived