Alternate History Westeros

Given that I'm a bit of a fan of alternate history, I thought i might try a bit of it here, start from a point of divergence and see where the story goes logically, then let people add to it

So my point of divergence is going to be that Jamie and Cersi never develop thier twincest relationship, and we will see how that changes the outcomes of Robert's Rebellion.

It therefore follows logically;

Jamie never joins the Kingsguard

Jamie would be betrothed to Lysa Tully

Tywin wouldn't have resigned as Hand

Aerys would be paranoid over Tywin's presence.

The tourney at Harrenhal would probably take place almost as it had in the books.

Rheagar 'kidnaps' Lyanna

Let's say Tywin is absent and unable to prevent the deaths of Brandon or Rickard.

What happens next?

Is Tywin able to prevent Jon, Ned and Robert from calling thier banners?

Would Tywin resign at any point? Would Aerys let him?

Where do the Tullys side?

These threads are so stupid.

What if Lincoln had never lived? I wouldn't exist. You wouldn't exist. I am only here because a certain sperm found its way to a certain egg, if I have been conceived a few seconds later, another person would have been born.

I think this counts as an invitation of fan fiction, which I believe is against the rules of these forums.

(Of course if you're trying to get to a better understanding of the characters, or a prediction of where the plot might go, or something else relevant, by digressing through alternate history, then I'm clearly wrong, in which case I apologize.)

A better understanding of the characters, is the goal here. What would Tywin do in the event of still being Hand at Robert's Rebellion? Could the Tullys have stayed out of the war? Would Tywin have gone to Rhaegar and tried to topple Aerys?

Could Jon, Ned and Robert have been appeased without the destruction of the Targareyans?

Aerys would still believe that Tywin was conspiring against him and with Jaime married to Lysa Tully and Brandon Stark betrothed to Catelyn Tully , the Starks connections the Arryns and Baratheons and with Varys telling him about conspiracies .

Your sentence structure kind of fell apart at the end there. Are you suggesting that there would inevitably eventually be a Stark-Arryn-Baratheon-Tully-Lannister conspiracy against Aerys, if only because he'd believe there was one and therefore do something that triggers it, and that it would end in something similar to Robert's Rebellion?

I suspect Tywin would be smart enough to tie his conspiracy to the pro-Rhaegar coup conspiracy, and to do so in a way that makes sure that he and his family get as much of the credit as possible from both sides. I don't see anything like Robert's Rebellion happening.

If you were saying something different, apologies.

Archived