What will Stannis do if he wasn't killed?

God I  hope she doesn't walk Stannis into that trap. Him 'dying' off  screen was bad enough but watching a (potentially) one-legged Stannis getting his skin removed from his body is just about the worst thing I could imagine for this series.

I hope so too, but Philpenn is dead right. We're talking about a plot development which is dependent on what Brienne knows, not on what we know.

I hope so too, but Philpenn is dead right. We're talking about a plot development which is dependent on what Brienne knows, not on what we know.

Yeah you're both right.

I can't see them having him survive only to be captured by the Boltons however.

If he survives I think he at least wins one great battle/defeats the boltons before his death(I think there is very little chance of him surviving the series).

I think the logistics of moving a crippled Stannis are too great as well. The one true king cannot be bound and thrown over a horse.!!!! :)

How about Jon Snow as bastard of Ned Stark but he becomes the Night's King and Stannis finally became Azor Ahai, remember Mel's quote "you will betray the men serving you, you will betray your family, you will betray everything you once held dear". 

He has already done both of them. He betrayed his family by burning Shireen and the men serving him is by leading them to their death at the march to Winterfell after all siege equipment were destroyed and the sell-sword desert.

Also, I am quite sure most people who believe R+L=J just want Jon Snow to be alive and people would rather see him as bastard of Ned Stark than R+L=J. Also, we don't know much about The Others, all we know they could be the good guys, didn't GRRM say that they aren't evil. 

Stannis vs Jon Snow final fight > Daenerys vs Others.

That's an easy fight for Jon. Get Ghost on his side and Stannis doesn't even fight back.

Yeah you're both right.

I can't see them having him survive only to be captured by the Boltons however.

If he survives I think he at least wins one great battle/defeats the boltons before his death(I think there is very little chance of him surviving the series).

I think the logistics of moving a crippled Stannis are too great as well. The one true king cannot be bound and thrown over a horse.!!!! :)

Except if you think the showrunners have Stannis survive you have to give a reason Brienne spares him. I mean, you don't have to have to, I'm not the boss of you, but the conversation is pretty much dead otherwise, since that's the pivotal moment.

So aside from this (broken, utterly out-matched, out-strategied and out-gunned) king's usefulness to her as a passport into the Bolton lair, what other use is he?

Except if you think the showrunners have Stannis survive you have to give a reason Brienne spares him. I mean, you don't have to have to, I'm not the boss of you, but the conversation is pretty much dead otherwise, since that's the pivotal moment.

So aside from this (broken, utterly out-matched, out-strategied and out-gunned) king's usefulness to her as a passport into the Bolton lair, what other use is he?

Lol! i'm glad i'm not a slave to your whims! :)

I think,perhaps, she basically can't kill an unarmed,injured man. It's not very 'knightly'. She decides (reluctantly) to spare him and then runs into Theon and Sansa.

Sansa reminds Brienne that her father essentially died to put this man on the throne.  They then use Sansa to recruit the remaining northen Lords against the Boltons.

Although i'm sure the Vale armies are going to turn up soonish. Baelish won't entirely abandon Sansa.

Archived