New Han Solo Spin-off in the works...

Grayce Hornwood

I couldn't find a thread on this yet, so I thought I'd start the discussion. Apologies if this is already being talked about.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2235335/han-solo-movie-confirmed-by-lucasfilm-star-wars-anthology-set-for-2018/

As Star Wars is one of my favorite film franchises, I'm a tiny bit afraid for the new movie coming out in December. Hopefully they won't butcher it. With the news of the new Han Solo movie confirmed, I'm afraid for this one as well. Han is probably my favorite character. Anyone know if they are going to base the movie off a Star Wars novel? Thoughts? Discussion?

Funny thing though... how many threads are there on here that say "if X did a movie based on ASOIAF which would you want to see!!!?"

And there are hundreds of responses from Roberts rebellion to The Andal invasion. And yet, now that this exact thing is happening with Star Wars, the response it, oh just a cash grab.

I am skeptical but at the same time excited to see how it comes out.

I think it probably seems like a cash grab just because Episodes 1-3 were abysmal in comparison to the originals. But yes, Disney does seem like they want to milk the franchise for all it's worth. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be good.

Sooo... Chris Pratt, right?

He seems like the go to guy for this kind of stuff. Hopefully not and that's not because I don't like him, I just don't want him to be in EVERYTHING and essentially playing the "box office chris pratt" persona which is what his last few films have been. I don't want it wearing thin before GOTG2

It's an odd role for an actor to go for given they have to emulate Ford's performance. I think it's most likely to be a relatively unknown as Marvel has saved a lot of money with this route. We might get a "name" actor if it's a role they are really obsessed with. I'd like to see Ryan Gosling try and be that charismatic :P

Some suggestions I've read and not been opposed to are Taran Egerton (secret Service) and Aaron Paul (maybe too short/old). I guess it really depends on how young they intend the new Ford to be in the prequel.

Hopefully none of the Game of Thrones cast unless Joffrey comes out of retirment! That would be one way to shed an image,

Funny thing though... how many threads are there on here that say "if X did a movie based on ASOIAF which would you want to see!!!?"

And there are hundreds of responses from Roberts rebellion to The Andal invasion. And yet, now that this exact thing is happening with Star Wars, the response it, oh just a cash grab.

I am skeptical but at the same time excited to see how it comes out.

Look obvious cash grab is obvious. Having said that, I'm still going to see this movie if it turns out alright, but it doesn't mean I'm just going to eat everything Overlord Disney is serving.

Disney are handling Marvel pretty well, IMO, and Star Wars Rebels has been a good start on Star Wars for them. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, especially with Kasdan on board (as he is with TFA and some of the other stuff, too.) Disney under Iger has handled most of their acquisitions well.

As for it being a Han Solo movie, you can't exactly blame them for homing in on arguably the most popular character if they're going to do an origin, and the premise is pretty cool. Now down to the writing and acting. Having said that though, out of the three confirmed movies (not counting VIII and IX) this is the riskiest one, IMO.

If social media had been around in the early 80's you all would have been crying that "The Empire Strikes Back" is an AWFUL title and what's with the little green muppet! :p

I'm excited because speaking of Empire Strikes Back, Lawrence Kasdan is writing it. I will take this over the absolute clusterfuck that was the EU. Now THAT was watered down.

I think it probably seems like a cash grab just because Episodes 1-3 were abysmal in comparison to the originals. But yes, Disney does seem like they want to milk the franchise for all it's worth. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be good.

Sorry. Disney didn't pay Lucas 4B for the franchise just to be able to add on to the theme parks and make episodes VII-IX. It's Business. Not a cash grab. Dismissing this as just a cash grab is short sighted and asinine.

As a fan, it's perfectly fine to expect that the material is treated properly. If a crap product is offered, jump on them about it then.

Sorry. Disney didn't pay Lucas 4B for the franchise just to be able to add on to the theme parks and make episodes VII-IX. It's Business. Not a cash grab. Dismissing this as just a cash grab is short sighted and asinine.

As a fan, it's perfectly fine to expect that the material is treated properly. If a crap product is offered, jump on them about it then.

I agree.

I just think I'd prefer to see stories set elsewhere in the Galaxy. Its a big place... far far away and a long time ago. So many options. Its why I like the Rogue One concept. Going back to the well with too many prequels just feels like its making the story smaller.

I agree.

I just think I'd prefer to see stories set elsewhere in the Galaxy. Its a big place... far far away and a long time ago. So many options. Its why I like the Rogue One concept. Going back to the well with too many prequels just feels like its making the story smaller.

Not to be contentious, but Rogue One is every bit as prequel as a Han Solo origin movie. It is about the rebels that stole the plans to the Death Star, and there is even rumors of a Vader appearance in it.

Could you elaborate on what you are talking about here?

Archived