Who will Aegon VI name as Lord of Storm's End?

On 7/9/2015 at 2:58 PM, Bironic said:

Some of the ships that brought the GC across the narrow sea are missing. It's likely to assume that they have incountered Salladhor Saan. Saan knows were Edric Storm is, my theory is that he will deliver Edric Storm to FAegon. After all one of Saan's forebears was a member of the Ninepenny kings, like the GC was. Faegon will then legitimize Edric Storm and make him Edric Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End. This will make the Florents remaining in the south take his side (friends in the reach). The stormlords will be satisified with this choice because they knew Edric, and they knew Robert & Renly & Penrose loved him well. It would also suit Jon Connington because Edric is a minor and he can rule as regent as long as Edric comes of age. He has the Baratheon looks unlike Tommen/Myrcella. He also grew up there. It also mirrors the Aegon the conqueror & Orys story. Saan is also a natural ally to Aegon since the GC doesn't have a fleet but they have large amounts of money while Saan has about a dozen ships and not much money. Aurane Waters and Lord Sunglass could join as well.

On 7/10/2015 at 3:02 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

^Either I'm confused or you are. Why would making Edric the lord of Storms End bring the Florents to his side? Edric was a bastard sired in Stannis' bed on the night he married his Florent wife. That is potentially the person they would least like to have that position as his very existence is an insult.

The real problem with Edric tho is Jon Connington, as he has promised to wipe out the usurpers line. That includes Edric.

The most obvious and logical choice and to be used to shore up the Stormland alliances would be making Edric Storm the heir to Stormsend. I mean he looks like Robert was raised by Renly and if my thoughts are correct he's already in the hands of the GC. That was the sneak attack that Jon was planning on using to get inside of Storms End. The castle knows who the boy is and if he was paraded infront of those still in the castle they would gladly open the doors to their lords son and nephew. IT's the only thing that makes sense and as the boy is young enough to be used as a puppet lord to gather the rest of the Stormlands under Aegon's banner its a great idea. Not to mention the parells between Orys and Edric, Jon dying of GS and Aegon needing a strong fall back position if the fighting goes against him when he makes his bid for the throne. 

Also later down the line Edric Strom has ties to the Reach as well with his Florent blood ties and that to HIghgarden. If the kingdoms are going to be collapsed and form 2 or 3 smaller kingdoms it makes sense that Edric becomes the leader of both houses. The Florents are always bitching about their better claim and well I just don't see the Tyrells lasting through all the books. Most of the other important of superior Florents are freezing their asses off up in the North. Axell and his niece are backing Stannis and well I think we all know that Stannis isn't long for this world. It just has symetry

2 hours ago, the conquering bastard 25 said:

The most obvious and logical choice and to be used to shore up the Stormland alliances would be making Edric Storm the heir to Stormsend. I mean he looks like Robert was raised by Renly and if my thoughts are correct he's already in the hands of the GC. That was the sneak attack that Jon was planning on using to get inside of Storms End. The castle knows who the boy is and if he was paraded infront of those still in the castle they would gladly open the doors to their lords son and nephew. IT's the only thing that makes sense and as the boy is young enough to be used as a puppet lord to gather the rest of the Stormlands under Aegon's banner its a great idea. Not to mention the parells between Orys and Edric, Jon dying of GS and Aegon needing a strong fall back position if the fighting goes against him when he makes his bid for the throne. 

Also later down the line Edric Strom has ties to the Reach as well with his Florent blood ties and that to HIghgarden. If the kingdoms are going to be collapsed and form 2 or 3 smaller kingdoms it makes sense that Edric becomes the leader of both houses. The Florents are always bitching about their better claim and well I just don't see the Tyrells lasting through all the books. Most of the other important of superior Florents are freezing their asses off up in the North. Axell and his niece are backing Stannis and well I think we all know that Stannis isn't long for this world. It just has symetry

I agree there are potential benefits, but also potential pit falls and, I just don't see Jon Con allowing it to happen.  The guy has been brooding on not being viscous enough for the past 15 or so years.  His thoughts on the boat were that he should have burned an entire town to the ground to find Robert, and he swears to the gods that he will end the usurpers line.  I just don't see how one of his first acts could be to make the usurpers only known son lord of the same castle the usurper was originally lord of.  

Edric is also a legitimate threat to Aegons rule.  By making him lord of Storms End your basically legitimizing him in his fathers name.  Anyone who doesn't want Aegon could then flock to Edric.  It is dangerous.

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I agree there are potential benefits, but also potential pit falls and, I just don't see Jon Con allowing it to happen.  The guy has been brooding on not being viscous enough for the past 15 or so years.  His thoughts on the boat were that he should have burned an entire town to the ground to find Robert, and he swears to the gods that he will end the usurpers line.  I just don't see how one of his first acts could be to make the usurpers only known son lord of the same castle the usurper was originally lord of.  

Edric is also a legitimate threat to Aegons rule.  By making him lord of Storms End your basically legitimizing him in his fathers name.  Anyone who doesn't want Aegon could then flock to Edric.  It is dangerous.

That's very true. I get what you are saying it's just that given all the various details and clues point to Edric Storm in the end being the natual heir to both Highgarden and StormsEnd. So even if Aegon and Jon don't make him heir, some how down the line he will be useful as a puppet lord. 

As the final battle in my mind will be between Dany and Jon S. Jon is the natual heir for both Aegon and Dany. Assuming they form an allience (which is the way I see things going at least for awhile) then following Aegon's death triggers the war between Dany and Jon.

However things play out I just feel as though Edric S is going to make it through to the end. 

Oh I get that it's dangerous to name Edric heir in his father and uncle's name. Yet having a placiated Stormlands has a shortterm advantage and I get the feeling that Aegon is not a long term thinker. If he were he wouldn't have rushed off without Dany at his side. He needs her to verfy his claim even if its better than hers. Dany is the one that gives him credibility in the eyes of the realm. Yeah I know that Tyrion can be very persasive when he wants to be but if Aegon had thought for himself he would have realized the dangers of rushing off without Dany. That her and her dragons would smooth the way for him along with his friends of the reach. The lords of the realm more than likely wouldn't want to taste dragonfire as Westeros knows the wroth of Dragonflame all to well. 

So on the one hand yeah very dangerous but if sets a precedent that Jon Snow and others will exploit in the future. On the other having and leaving an untamed Stormlands is not something that either Jon Con or Aegon can ill afford. As a history with Dorne will show

1. Myrcella maybe? She can be married to one of fAegon's commanders like her supossed ancestor Argella the Storm Queen was?

2. Shireen - - Same as Myrcella

3. Legitmize Edric Storm he has the baratheon build and is recognised as roberts son

4. Jon Connington: as a reward and if he is to marry arianne in fAegons place he need a better holding that he has

• 4 months later...

Edric Storm has too much love for his father, even if incorrectly placed, due to the spoiling from Renly and Varys.  Edric believes Robert was a righteous god of war (and perhaps correctly), and I wouldn't trust that Edric would not try to emulate Robert by overthrowing the throne.  Remember how Red Ronnet's bastard son threatened Jon at dinner?  Edric would be that times ten.

Regarding JonCon himself, I think his POV has made it abundantly clear that he wants to seat Aegon on the throne, see his family's lands restored, then die and be buried at Griffin's Roost.  He would shoot down the idea of Storm's End in a heartbeat.

I think he will name  Jon Connington as Lord of Storms End to honor him for his service and to get rid of him.

I think Faegon is too eager for war and glory, he wants to push on and conquer with the Golden Company, he's had a few easy victories and is becoming too bold. He will be encouraged by the Captains and Jon will be the sole voice of reason that he doesn't want to hear. He's already started to defy Jon's advice and do what he wants and i think it's going to continue to get worse. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2015 at 2:22 PM, The hairy bear said:

I agree that Jon Conningto would make a lot of sense. The problem is that Jon would refuse, since he knows he's going to die shortly and he doesn't have any heir (besides Red Ronnet, and he woudn't be interested at all in helping him seize the power).

A possible alternative would be Harry Strickland. Not the best of the choices, but after all he is the commander of the GC and they have been instrumental in the conquest of the Storlands. The only other option I could think of would be some Stormlord who defects early on and join the Blackfyres.

Like someone from Reach - like Randall Tarly

On 7/10/2015 at 3:02 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

^Either I'm confused or you are. Why would making Edric the lord of Storms End bring the Florents to his side? Edric was a bastard sired in Stannis' bed on the night he married his Florent wife. That is potentially the person they would least like to have that position as his very existence is an insult.

The real problem with Edric tho is Jon Connington, as he has promised to wipe out the usurpers line. That includes Edric.

Because Edric's mother is a Florent too, younger sister/cousin of Stannis' wife if I remember right! So if they loose Stannis connection, they can still Baratheon-Florent tie thru Edric.

On 8/3/2015 at 11:57 AM, Marcus Agrippa said:

It'd hard to argue which way tarly will fall. The man seems to be adept and seems to slights well- but when does mace finally make him crack? The tower mace gave to his son, the ashford victory, and the lazy response to stannis are all really bad ideas by mace.

It definitely feels like Tarly already on Aegon side, Mace stole too many victories and due rewards from him and he just keeps mum, like he knows something that will help get him his. And if he joins Aegon, JonCon will have to make sure to give him his due. But he might get the Reach after Tyrells fail.

At this point - Edric or Tarly. Edric is the obvious heir of Baratheon house with Robert having no legitimate children and him being noble-born bastard (Baratheon and Florent), Stannis and Shireen are not returning from the North alive, and Renly is dead with no children. And Varys might have picked him up already from wherever Davos sent him.

Could be everyone. Hard to tell.

A smart choice would be Stannis if he decided to bend the knee. A Baratheon is the natural choice if he want the loyalty of the storm lords and Stannis is also a capable military commander.

But it would be possible only if Aegon became aware of the threat beyond the wall and wanted to send help, which is unlikely.

5 minutes ago, The Hoare said:

Could be everyone. Hard to tell.

A smart choice would be Stannis if he decided to bend the knee. A Baratheon is the natural choice if he want the loyalty of the storm lords and Stannis is also a capable military commander.

But it would be possible only if Aegon became aware of the threat beyond the wall and wanted to send help, which is unlikely.

A smart move.  Name Stannis Lord of Storm's End and maybe add a marriage to Shireen to boot.  

I wonder if he'd take such an offer?  Stannis would have Storm's End like he always wanted.  His daughter would still be queen.  She'd be married to a legitimate prince/king, unlike the "Baratheons" in KL.  

Trouble is, I think Stannis might end up being too proud and stiff to bend the knee, and might not believe Aegon's claim. 

3 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

A smart move.  Name Stannis Lord of Storm's End and maybe add a marriage to Shireen to boot.  

I wonder if he'd take such an offer?  Stannis would have Storm's End like he always wanted.  His daughter would still be queen.  She'd be married to a legitimate prince/king, unlike the "Baratheons" in KL.  

Trouble is, I think Stannis might end up being too proud and stiff to bend the knee, and might not believe Aegon's claim. 

Yeah, Stannis could be suspicious about the Aegon claim.

Anyway I've always wondered how Stannis would react after hearing that a Targaryen landed on Westeros. Perharps he would keep his claim on the Iron Throne thinking that it's his duty to the Robert.

Archived