The Slog of Slogs: Help save The Unholy Consult by R. Scott Bakker!

Bolivar

What? I think there are like hundreds. They are all sarcastic commentary on specific terms. I tend to get them on Facebook sometimes.

Yeah, it's definitely more than seven. Maybe he stopped doing it though - IIRC his agent wanted him to scrap the blog and didn't like the Twitter/Facebook accounts either?

Yeah, it's definitely more than seven. Maybe he stopped doing it though - IIRC his agent wanted him to scrap the blog and didn't like the Twitter/Facebook accounts either?

He's definitely still doing them practically every day on Facebook. The latest post was two days ago.

I’m supposed to be getting some details this week, but I’m not sure (I just got back from the backwoods). From what I hear, however, the collective call has been heard! I’m still marvelling over it, actually.

Posted today.

"The Coffers, boys!"

"Today is the day we turn around!"

Hope against hope? Pray I don't jinx it.

If we pretend that Overlook has realized that they had perhaps dropped the ball, what would you guys think is the minimum amount of time it would take for the book to be published?

Do you think six months is about as fast as they could do it? I do realize that mid-2016 is a lot more plausible though.

From what they explained on my call, I would say early 2016 would be the absolute soonest it could happen. It would be nice if it could go quicker, seeing as Bakker's been revising and finalizing this thing for more than a year it feels like.

For a small publisher publishing a smallish author, 6 months is on the short end. That's probably what they could do if they literally dropped anything else to work on this, and that's not plausible. Chances are instead they've reprioritized it and will slot it in soonish.

Keep in mind that they also have a new editorial staff that likely knows nothing about Bakker and doesn't have any kind of relationship with him, so they may have to go through similar iterations they've done previously on negotiating changes and the like. If nothing is changed, well, cool - but I'd not bet on that.

these reports of a fabled manuscript hidden within a secret archive and guarded by unsympathetic greasers sounds kinda familiar.

Greasers == Overlook == Wutteat?

Y DO U WANT TO PUBLISH THIS BOOK?

I mentioned this before over the years, but the turnaround between submission of final manuscript and publication of White Luck Warrior was around 12 months, as reported by Locus Magazine back in the day.

Mid 2016 seems the best scenario.

If we pretend that Overlook has realized that they had perhaps dropped the ball, what would you guys think is the minimum amount of time it would take for the book to be published?

Do you think six months is about as fast as they could do it? I do realize that mid-2016 is a lot more plausible though.

I think another wave of 'stern yet enthusiastic to spend' letters is needed before you can just figure a publication date.

Archived