Dogs

Quorra

Got the results of the tests for my dog Sarge, the vet thought he might have Cushing's disease because his liver enzymes are real high. Tests came back negative so, yay! We upped his Milk Thistle dosage a bit for his liver.

Doesn't need another thing. He's got high blood pressure, thyroid issues, a heart condition, and a persistent cough maybe due to the heart issues. He's on 5 different daily meds including the milk thistle, 2 of them he takes twice a day. Plus fish oil for dry skin.

Yet he seems robust and healthy.

Brought home a lotto scratcher the other day, my dog Winter hates it when I scratch them, maybe it's the sound of the scratching that drives her nuts. She whines and fusses and when that didn't work she jumped on me to get me to stop.

HowdyPhillip...they are adorable!  Does Bella have some Boxer in her?  Maybe that's where the licking comes from.  I wish I could get Kahlua out of the habit.

Got the results of the tests for my dog Sarge, the vet thought he might have Cushing's disease because his liver enzymes are real high. Tests came back negative so, yay! We upped his Milk Thistle dosage a bit for his liver.

Doesn't need another thing. He's got high blood pressure, thyroid issues, a heart condition, and a persistent cough maybe due to the heart issues. He's on 5 different daily meds including the milk thistle, 2 of them he takes twice a day. Plus fish oil for dry skin.

Yet he seems robust and healthy.

Brought home a lotto scratcher the other day, my dog Winter hates it when I scratch them, maybe it's the sound of the scratching that drives her nuts. She whines and fusses and when that didn't work she jumped on me to get me to stop.

Both the scotties I lost had cushing's prior to developing bladder cancer. The boy initially passed the test, but a year later they diagnosed him with atypical cushing's.

My brother's family just got a double doodle.  I imagine she'll grow huge.  I cannot find photo of adult double doodles on the internet, only puppy photos.  Are people afraid to show how monstrously huge they get?  Will it turn into a kaiju and attack Japan?  Will I need a giant robot to fight it?

Tears, those puppehs are so awesome. Thank you. <3

Last week, before I went out of town, my goat-dog found a pile of wild animal poop to roll around in. I saw him rolling, stretching, wiggling around, and he was so delighted with himself. I didn't know what he was doing until he came up to me and the stench knocked me down. I had to have a bath after his bath (and he got sudsed three times) and I had to wash his collar.

He's so gross.

Fifi does the same thing. One time there was a worm in all the poop she wore. She came home strutting her stuff and happy as a clam. She'd been to the spa!

My dog is a traitor!

She's a bizarre cross of Newfoundland and GSH Pointer; and basically looks like an overgrown black lab.

We have neices staying with us for a month each year to learn English, and she protects them, all fair enough. But she's not supposed to protect them from ME!

Mind you, for the first time ever, yesterday I was rough-house playing with Guinness and the cat ( Demitra - tiny little thing) decided she was being too rough, and chased Guinness off and protected me.

Made I laugh anyway.

Fifi does the same thing. One time there was a worm in all the poop she wore. She came home strutting her stuff and happy as a clam. She'd been to the spa!

Wendy has a thing for bugs.  She sniffs them, puts her ear down to them and then rolls all over it.  Its a terrier thing...I guess she is trying to cover her own scent so she can hunt.  Dead beetles are the worst and require a bath.

Wendy has a thing for bugs.  She sniffs them, puts her ear down to them and then rolls all over it.  Its a terrier thing...I guess she is trying to cover her own scent so she can hunt.  Dead beetles are the worst and require a bath.

I live in beetle and frog land. Why do my dogs torture me by bathing in these critters!

Dogs are so gross.  It's a good thing they're so fun.

Sammy, my childhood dog (half golden retriever, half samoyed husky mix) was the damn sweetest thing that has ever walked the earth, never anything less than a proper lady.... Except when it came to the swamps and vernal ponds behind our house. The Samoyed meant under her light golden fur was about 3 inches of thick absorbent wool. She's jump in and easily double her weight with gross sticking ass slime and swamp water

My dog likes to drink my pee.  It's so gross.  If no one is here, I conserve by not flushing all the time and I don't always remember to put the seat down, though that barely matters because he'll still smell the pee with the seat down.  The dog will leave the toilet water alone at all other times, but if there's pee in there, he flips out and can't get to it fast enough.  Like I said, super gross.  

Archived