Dogs

Quorra

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Very sorry for the loss :(

Thank you.

Sometimes I think dogs are too good for us

They are. But they've hitched their wagon to ours, they love us and they need us and they love needing us.

Sometimes we come through. A handful of us go above and beyond.

But too many times we've failed them. But that's the thing about dogs, they are always ready to forgive us, give us another chance, and always ready to love us still.

By some stroke of providence we were given the best companions, the best friends, the best comfort and in a lonely universe we are not alone. Something I am amazed by and grateful for more and more the older I get.

So the simple conclusion is humans collectively just have to be better to them and do better by them.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, unpaid comintern said:

would like to petition the hive mind for some decent lady dog names ... something in the venn overlap of “people” names and something cool and not totally basic/normie. bonus points for references to badass genre characters/and or political radicals

List of names I was considering last year before I settled on Dulcinea:

Sofia

Anastasia

Natasha/Tasha/Sasha

Leia

Cassiopeia/Cassie

On 1/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, drawkcabi said:

By some stroke of providence we were given the best companions, the best friends, the best comfort and in a lonely universe we are not alone. Something I am amazed by and grateful for more and more the older I get.

So the simple conclusion is humans collectively just have to be better to them and do better by them.

Well said, and my sincerest condolences.  Sorry so late.

3 hours ago, unpaid comintern said:

would like to petition the hive mind for some decent lady dog names ... something in the venn overlap of “people” names and something cool and not totally basic/normie. bonus points for references to badass genre characters/and or political radicals

My go-to is Penny.  SHE MUST LIVE ON.  I think Leia or Sasha are good names too.  As are Ari (Ariel) or Jazz (Jazmine), depending on the breed.  But now I think I might just be naming strippers even though I hate strip clubs.  Sorry.

19 hours ago, unpaid comintern said:

Ferro?

10 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Congrats!  Couldn't name my dog something that will be Jo, he/she'd get too confused with me yelling at the television in the morning.

You end up calling your dog something that sounds like their real name? :o

I think that ended up happening twice, both times whilst in was a teen.

ETA:

Rimsky => Ruff (dunno how, it was before I could talk)

Tasha => Mustache => Mo / Muzz

Bobby => King Bob / Bobbadog

Kea => Kea

Kaimai => Kaiser => Bill

Pippa => Pipsqueak => Squeaker => Jiffy

Grace => Gru

Harvey => Harvey Dent => Arthur Dent => Arthur => Wartdog / 42

Guinness => Goo

Talisker => Tiddler / Taddles / Toodles

On 2/25/2018 at 11:43 AM, unpaid comintern said:

just an update for waiting with bated breath— she arrived last night, and we went with “jolene”, and she is a perfect sweetie and cutie

14 hours ago, unpaid comintern said:

jolene is short for ‘jolenin hoxha stalin’

Everyone is gonna get the Dolly Parton 'Jolene' song in their head though. :P

But Congrats, and still great name and great song to go with it. 

Archived