Dogs

Quorra

My cats resent this comment.

My SO's mum has two dogs, little cavaliers. Cookie is ridiculously fluffy, and has the best smile in the world. His mum also looks after animals, and she has this gorgeous little Chihuahua called Sammy. His fur is grey and fuzzy, like a wolf, and he sits like a penguin on your lap. He's adorable.

I've grown to love dogs over the past few years, but I'm still definitely more of a cat person. I love how independent cats are, though mine are also incredibly loving. Kiara will not let a day go by without having a cuddle, and Nala loves to nap with me (Facebook friends will know this).

Kiara and Nala?! Why are we not Facebook friends?!

Tears, those puppehs are so awesome. Thank you. <3

Last week, before I went out of town, my goat-dog found a pile of wild animal poop to roll around in. I saw him rolling, stretching, wiggling around, and he was so delighted with himself. I didn't know what he was doing until he came up to me and the stench knocked me down. I had to have a bath after his bath (and he got sudsed three times) and I had to wash his collar.

He's so gross.

Here's my three pups: http://s267.photobucket.com/user/bailey1138/media/WP_20140626_18_22_05_Pro_zps7ab590a8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

From left to right: Duncan, a flat-coated retriever; Bowie, a Great Pyrenees (possibly a mix of some sort); and Andi, an English black lab. They're quite the trio together. Dunk and Andi are complete goofballs while Bowie keeps an eye on things and make sure nothing gets out of hand.

Does anyone have divergent feelings about dogs based on breeds?  I mean, does anyone find that they fiercely love certain breeds of dogs and absolutely loathe other breeds?   Or do those who identify as "dog people" love all dogs regardless of breed?

There are some dogs I think are a bit prettier than others but other than that I just love them all tbh unless they're rude or mean, just like people :P 

I have a 7 year old Basset Hound named Rachel Mariana Morgan

She is the joy of mine and my Dad's life.  She loves people and especially kids.

She is jut a great dog to be around.

I don't dislike any particular breed, personally, but I do have a favorite.

I absolutely love Basset Hounds.  I have since I was a boy (I blame Smokey and the Bandit and the Dukes of Hazzard for this) and was finally in a position to get one back in 08.  Best thing ever.

I have a 7 year old Basset Hound named Rachel Mariana Morgan

She is the joy of mine and my Dad's life.  She loves people and especially kids.

She is jut a great dog to be around.

I don't dislike any particular breed, personally, but I do have a favorite.

I absolutely love Basset Hounds.  I have since I was a boy (I blame Smokey and the Bandit and the Dukes of Hazzard for this) and was finally in a position to get one back in 08.  Best thing ever.

And your friends have called you Columbo ever since? ;)

I have a 7 year old Basset Hound ...
/snip

In that last pic it looks as though her toes on her front paws are pointing to the sides! Is she really sitting that way?

She's completely wonderful looking! Her eyes are so soulful.

Lots of adorable companions!

I agree Butterbumps.  Pits are the clowns of the dog world and sweet.

I'm not so happy with Boxers though.  The licking that Kahlua does is the equivalent of a shower.

In that last pic it looks as though her toes on her front paws are pointing to the sides! Is she really sitting that way?

She's completely wonderful looking! Her eyes are so soulful.

Unfortuneatly her front legs are twisted a bit and it causes her front feet to turn like that.  Most of the time when she sits it sort of on her side more than her butt.

She has the saddest eyes.  She can give you a look that makes you want to give her whatever she wants, which she uses to devastating effect on my Father and me.

Here is Dr Monkeyface... He is the scourge of the neighborhood, the terror of the niave, destroyer of hope, and he lives is reckless and fearless abandon...

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/howdyphillip/media/20140726_2217071_zps77799312.jpg.html?o=0

Here is Princepessa Bella (buttcheek)... She has been known to drown the unaware in the slobber of her affection.

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/howdyphillip/media/Bella_zps5179d1c6.jpg.html?o=1

Archived