Small Questions v. 10102

Penny was never a whore..

then I misunderstood that, took it from her wiki entrance

Penny senses Tyrion's fury and apologises to him. She then tells him she is frightened - but those were the same words Shae had used too. Tyrion remembers that he swallowed every bit of it, even though he knew what she was. Tyrion becomes lost in a black rage. He turns away from Penny and goes outside.[/quote}

The link to prostitution is about Shae, not Penny. If that's confusion, I'll remove it.

Easily solved: she/Shae

Penny senses Tyrion's fury and apologises to him. She then tells him she is frightened - but those were the same words Shae had used too. Tyrion remembers that he swallowed every bit of it, even though he knew what Shae was. Tyrion becomes lost in a black rage. He turns away from Penny and goes outside.

Theon refers to 'Skinner' a few times. Presumably he is one of the dreadforts torturers, meaning Ramsey didnt actually carry out all of Theons torture. Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes:

Reek knew the cost. Seven, he thought, seven fingers. A man can make do with seven fingers. Seven is a sacred number. He remembered how much it had hurt when Lord Ramsay had commanded Skinner to lay his ring finger bare.

ADwD 20 Reek II

No pain Theon had ever known came close to the agony that Skinner could evoke with a little flensing blade.

ADwD 51 Theon I

eta: added another quote.

No indications that I can recall. No mention of accent, for exaple. The fact that he studied at the Citadel also favors him being originally from Westeros, though it is not something which makes it certain.

The Brave Companions have members from Essos, but also from Westeros. Think Timeon from Dorne, or Septun Utt, Rorge, or Biter.

Thanks a lot.

My next question is really horrible, sorry about that in advance:

Why was Arya never raped on the way to Harrenhal, after they found out she was a girl? The Mountain's men are terrible people, who raped every woman/girl in sight and Yoren specifically wanted her to pretend to be a boy so she wouldn't get raped. In that chapter we get horrid descriptions about the trek north to Harrenhal, it's really quite difficult to read, actually, so how did Arya escape that?

My next question is really horrible, sorry about that in advance:

Why was Arya never raped on the way to Harrenhal, after they found out she was a girl? The Mountain's men are terrible people, who raped every woman/girl in sight and Yoren specifically wanted her to pretend to be a boy so she wouldn't get raped. In that chapter we get horrid descriptions about the trek north to Harrenhal, it's really quite difficult to read, actually, so how did Arya escape that?

Most of the captives were women or children, and Arya was still rather young. I guess the fact that there were a lot of women to choose from, and the fact that there will have been plenty who were older than her, is what saved her from such a fate.

Most of the captives were women or children, and Arya was still rather young. I guess the fact that there were a lot of women to choose from, and the fact that there will have been plenty who were older than her, is what saved her from such a fate.

I agree. The author set a tension for us knowing that she could be raped. If she had been taken by the footmen she probably would have been raped.

Was the pair of skulls at the entrance to Craster's place foreshadowing of Mormont and Buckwell's death?

The bear was Jeor but the ram was Craster. Craster was wearing sheepskins when Jon met him. He was sacraficing sheep to the others as well as his sons. And a group of ewes is generally mated by a single ram. Jeor and Craster were killed together.

Quite a few actually, even a few Archmaesters. (Haereg and Hake).

Do we know Haereg is Ironborn? I know he wrote exhaustively about them. It's likely that he is, but I could not find confirmation.

Do we know Haereg is Ironborn? I know he wrote exhaustively about them. It's likely that he is, but I could not find confirmation.

Haereg sounds Ironborn and he wrote a lot about them so I just assumed he was Ironborn.

Archived