Small Questions v. 10102

Do you think a resurrected body loses the ability of skinchanging?

:P

Perhaps the answer, or at least more questions, can be found somewhere in Bran I, Clash 4...

"All men must sleep, Bran. Even princes."

"When I sleep I turn into a wolf." Bran turned his face away and looked back out into the night. "Do wolves dream?"

"All creatures dream, I think, yet not as men do."

"Do dead men dream?" Bran asked, thinking of his father. In the dark crypts below Winterfell, a stonemason was chiseling out his father's likeness in granite.

"Some say yes, some no," the maester answered. "The dead themselves are silent on the matter."

"Do trees dream?"

"Trees? No . . . "

"They do," Bran said with sudden certainty. "They dream tree dreams. I dream of a tree sometimes. A weirwood, like the one in the godswood. It calls to me. The wolf dreams are better. I smell things, and sometimes I can taste the blood."

Bran I, Clash 4

^ I've thought about that before.  I can only come up with 3 logical explanations.

1. Sandor told him ahead of time he would not
2. Joffrey somehow sensed he would not
3. Joffrey thought he would kill her

I like the last two.

LM, giving it some more thought, it could have more to do with perception.  If Joffrey considers Sandor his best guy, which I believe he did, then it might seem beneath him to have him hitting a girl.  Kind of how the head bad guy always has a 2nd in command in the movies, and that guy doesn't handle the small stuff.

Thanks, man. So that just leaves me with one final question on the subject. WTF?

The book Roose burnt were GRRM's complete outline for the upcoming books including The Winds of Winter. That's why he needs to do it all over again and explains why we need to wait.

Yeah... or rather, maybe we'll learn in a future book. Or simply wtf.

Thanks, man. So that just leaves me with one final question on the subject. WTF?

I've read an interesting theory saying the book could have include a message from Tywin, the former inhabitant of Harrenhal, to Roose. A clever tool to communicate without raven or messenger, that gives a good reason for Roose to destroy the book after he read or deciphered the message.

Imo the book contained information on necromancy, as soon after Qyburn resurrects Gregor, and we are told that there was a woman practicing necromancy in Harrenhall a while back.

But why would Bolton burn it? He has no business with necromancy... except you think of the Bolt-ON theory as true. And such books about necromancy and such should already have burned Baelor the Blessed, the Targ king who liked burning books.  Harrenhal was definitl within his reach.

The secret Tywin message is unplausible too, there are better ways to get a secret message to Roose.

The secret Tywin message is unplausible too, there are better ways to get a secret message to Roose.

And yet it would fit with Walder Frey sending messages to Roose through Fat Walda's letters. I could totally see GRRM allude discreetly to how the conspirators of the Red Wedding did communicate.

And yet it would fit with Walder Frey sending messages to Roose through Fat Walda's letters. I could totally see GRRM allude discreetly to how the conspirators of the Red Wedding did communicate.

That actually makes a ton of sense. Just prior to sending Helman Tallhart a message to put Darry to the sword and head out with Robett Glover and company to attack Duskendale in Robb's name he received one of those Walda letters and then went wolf hunting. I knew that was the point that he had turned but the love letter makes sense as the trigger.

One of the more highly accepted theories is that Varys and Illyrio's original plan was for Viserys/Dany and Drogo's khalasar to sweep into Westeros, be viewed as outside barbarians, and that Aegon would swoop in to save the day with the GC.

The Lost Lord:

"Which plan?" said Tristan Rivers. "The fat man's plan? The one that changes every time the moon turns? First Viserys Targaryen was to join us with fifty thousand Dothraki screamers at his back. Then the Beggar King was dead, and it was to be the sister, a pliable young child queen who was on her way to Pentos with three new-hatched dragons. Instead the girl turns up on Slaver's Bay and leaves a string of burning cities in her wake, and the fat man decides we should meet her by Volantis. Now that plan is in ruins as well.

If that is so, why does the GC believe the original plan was to join with Viserys and the Dothraki? If the original plan was for the GC, the Dothraki, and Viserys to attack Westeros with Aegon coming in to save the day, what force would Aegon have used?

My understanding is that the bait and switch theory was was based on the means that Varys and Illyrio used to build wealth. Just as Varys stole valuables and Illyrio recovered them for a fee, they would send Viserys in to break the realm, and then send Aegon in to fix it.

In my very humble opinion, the theory is... um... not well thought out.

My understanding is that the bait and switch theory was was based on the means that Varys and Illyrio used to build wealth. Just as Varys stole valuables and Illyrio recovered them for a fee, they would send Viserys in to break the realm, and then send Aegon in to fix it.

In my very humble opinion, the theory is... um... not well thought out.

Okay, so if we assume that Tristan Rivers is right, that originally the GC and the Drogo's khalasar were meant to join forces, is it possible that Illyrio and Varys would seek another khalasar to replace Drogo's? Could that be Jhaqo's khalasar that finds Dany at the end of ADwD?

If they still intended them all to join forces, Jhaqo could have been moving towards Meereen or Volantis in order to join Aegon and Dany not knowing that Aegon has turned west early.

Archived