Whose side are the alchemists on exactly?

Cantthinkofa

So we know that the alchemists made wildfire for the Targaryens, but in the books and show tyrion gets them to make wildfire, should Daenerys attack kings landing, what do you think would happen regarding wildfire, I've always thought of the alchemists as somewhat insane and personally think they wouldn't use it against her because they would hope that if she wins, she would request wildfire. Just an interesting topic I thought of

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that they are a little crazy. Didn't Tyrion use all of the wildfire they had? I can't recall. Also would it burn her? It is different than regular fire magical right? I'm doing a re-read right now I'll pay more attention to this when I get to it.

• 8 months later...

If Danyraes attacks Westeros it will almost certainly be on the back of a dragon...so no matter who is defending King's Landing, all the wildfire in the Westeros world would  be immaterial against even one dragon. Besides which, she will have her 8,000 Unsullied army along with anyone else she can get to join her, and who's to say they would make Stannis mistake by landing exactly where the Lannisters wanted them to?  It would be pure speculation just how large her army would be, or how many ships would carry the armies over there.  But it's safe to say that just one, and certainly all three dragons could wipe out all the armies of Westeros combined - wildfire or no.   

• 2 months later...

So I recall when Valyria's doom hit the fire from the great rents that opened up were so hot that dragons in the sky were engulfed and consumed so I think they(Danny and her dragons) should be concerned for the wild fire. I personally think this will be how one of Danny's dragons and their rider will meet their end in the attack on kings landing.

Their are many rumors to the cause of the destruction of Valyria, my fav was all the most skilled mages were assassinated during rival families struggling for power and the Valyrian mages for thousands of years used magic spells to bank the 14 flames. When too many were killed off that's when the cataclysm struck. The pyromancers of Valyria used the 14 flames lava that coursed through their city's like rivers for their magic. They were very skilled and wildfire was a creation of theirs back when Magic was strongest in the world. 

Im sure a few of these skilled mages and pyromancers came over with the Targaryens to Dragon Stone and passed down their practice through the century's untill we have reached present day. Now with dragons back in the world their spells and production of wild fire have increased/become stronger this making them more of a commodity in these trying times. The pyromancers had asked Tyrion if he knew of any dragons about in the world since they were making so much more of the stuff (wildfire)before the battle of blackwater bay. Wildfire can even melt steel it burns so hot so I think a direct hit from a pot of Wild fire to a dragon from a trebuchet would cause serious damage. Who knows what other magic the pyromancers might posses that could aide kings landing in an attack.

Now i also feel that the pyromancers in Kings Landing are Targaryen sympathizers so they would be making wildfire for a defense of Kings Landing but not sure how much more help they would be willing to divulge in terms of other spells that may be beneficial in a fight.

Archived