Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else Part 3

HexMachina

Is there a reason for the white walkers arranging people into symbols?

in the first episode when we first see the wights dead they are in a arrow like symbol on the ground

and then there is the dead bodies arranged in a spiral

what's with the symbols? Anyone know? Theories?

in the first episode when we first see the wights dead they are in a arrow like symbol on the ground

There are been theories around but I think the original intention is to prove they are intelligent beings and not just monsters. Geometrical figures require a bit more of brain than just lines, as they are mathematical.

I see it as a parallel to dany's story where she also had those moments

Why do people think Jon has more claim than Daenerys, even though (providing he's a targ) he's a bastard?

The Targs have practiced polygamy in the past, so there is a possibility that Rhegar and Lyanna were married in which cases Jons claim as the only surviving true born son of Rhegar his claim would be better than Dany's.   

There are been theories around but I think the original intention is to prove they are intelligent beings and not just monsters. Geometrical figures require a bit more of brain than just lines, as they are mathematical.

Maybe they have their own Gods and the dead arrangements were sacraficial in nature?

Could be. Maybe they're from a more "advanced" civilization.

I read a theory and cannot remember but the theory is that The Meteor that the Dayne Sword "Dawn" is made from is part of a fractured space ship that crashed on Planetos with the Others's ancestors. A race that can only survive in cold etc. They may be drawn to "Dawn" as it is needed for going back etc.

Edited by A Ghost of Someone

I read a theory and cannot remember but the theory is that The Meteor that the Dayne Sword "Dawn" is made from is part of a fractured space ship that crashed on Planetos with the Others's ancestors. A race that can only survive in cold etc. They may be drawn to "Dawn" as it is needed for going back etc.

Could be. Maybe they just want to travel South to Dorne to get it. And as Dorne is too hot, they need to first freeze the world.

Could be. Maybe they just want to travel South to Dorne to get it. And as Dorne is too hot, they need to first freeze the world.

Hi JonCon. Yeah, the Others are a big mystery but they did try to push down Westeros all the way last time and the Daynes are from the first men. The battle for Dawn may have had a double meaning as it was apparently the battle that sent the Others reeling 8k years ago and is happened to be named after probably the most famous sword on all of Planetos.

I imagine the others worship the great other and maybe those are his symbols?

spaceship theory is one I haven't heard

I always imagined the others as more spiritual being than aliens with their different color armor pale skin and blue eyes

Does anyone know what episode this screenshot is from?  I want to use it in a video I'm making, but can't find it.  I thought it was Roose looking out at the aftermath of the Red Wedding, but it isn't in 309 or 310. 

Unless I'm mistaken, this picture looks like it's from the Battle of Blackwater. I think that's season 2, episode 8 or 9..