Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else Part 3

HexMachina

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:58 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

Ok. Another question for anyone out there.

How was Tyrion able to see Drogon flying over Old Valyria when Meereen is atleast 1/3 of the world away from where they are? The locations and timing are just off. I get he is a big, strong flyer, but taking that route would put him over many, many heavily populated cities and people all over the world would start freaking out because the "rumors" would be true.

When we first see Drogon in S5, he is on top of the pyramid visiting Dany (he left his Quaithe costume at home). Then we next see Drogon all the way down in Old Valyria. Then the third time we see Drogon is in the fighting pits and he takes Dany to the new Dragonstone in the opposite direction of where we have seen him so far.

Seeing the covers of the S5 DVD sets all over reminded me of this and I was not part of an online talkie-group then to be able to ask. Sorry if it has been talked to death in the past.

Valyria is mostly burnt and has demons and crazies living in it, and from there it's mostly ocean to Meereen. So maybe a few sailors would have spotted him, but not many others. Sure, it's probably a thousand leagues, but Tyrion gets to Dany before Drogon shows up, and it's reasonable to assume that D could make the journey much quicker than T.

• 3 weeks later...

Has Davos been given the title Lord in the show?

I think that he may have been given a lordship when Stannis made him his hand, but that may have been in the books only, or possibly just in my imagination.

Mel calls him Ser Davos in 601, but I thought that was a catty dig at him, refusing to acknowledge him as an advisor to Stannis, but then Ser Alliser called him Ser as well

I have thought this for a while and wanted to see what you guys think about why Varys was looking out for Gendry? 

My conclusion is Gendry is Cersei and Roberts first born child. She said he had black hair back in season one to Ned. She also says he was stillborn. But what if he wasn't and Varys took him to to the blacksmith to be raised. 

I know the big question is why Varys would do this. He is known to always have a back up plan. And Gendry would be a good back up plan either way true born or bastard. But it would help more if true born. This has been bothering me for a while. Would love to hear what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

Random question here...what color was the dead mother wolf when the pups were found? I know Ghost was the white runt off to the side , then given to Jon.  Is there a link somewhere to see the wolves colors .  Grey wind was um...grey...Shaggydog Blackish... Lady was blondeish...right?...I can not remember Arya's nyamia?....at all... and Summer is brownish.

On 5/9/2016 at 7:10 PM, ghostdancer said:

Random question here...what color was the dead mother wolf when the pups were found? I know Ghost was the white runt off to the side , then given to Jon.  Is there a link somewhere to see the wolves colors .  Grey wind was um...grey...Shaggydog Blackish... Lady was blondeish...right?...I can not remember Arya's nyamia?....at all... and Summer is brownish.

On the show, the mother wolf was the "standard" wolf-grey with a slightly lighter/whiter undercoat.

Here is a link if you want to read more about each Stark wolf http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Direwolf

1 hour ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

a question to the book readers please, is there any explanation in the book why Stannis doesn't have allies in his wars, he don't want allies or no one want to make alliance with him? at the wall, Stannis wanted the wildlings under his command and not as allies  

He has the northern clans with him, and after re-taking Deepwood Motte he writes to Jon saying more are joining him every day. 

3 minutes ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

Thank you for the answer, I asked the question because I never seen stannis in the show making alliance with other people

The show butchered the character from the start, then flayed it, and then spat on it. 

On 5/19/2016 at 7:26 AM, kissdbyfire said:

The show butchered the character from the start, then flayed it, and then spat on it. 

From the start? He's one of the greatest characters and his end was beautifully tragic like in Greek mythology. Have you read any other literature before?

On 5/20/2016 at 0:06 PM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

From the start? He's one of the greatest characters and his end was beautifully tragic like in Greek mythology. Have you read any other literature before?

Have you read the literature that we are discussing on this forum?

2 minutes ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

Please, can someone tell me what happened to old nan in the books? in the show she simply vanished, is she dead or escaped when Theon took winterfell?

I don't think it was explicitly stated in the books, but i believe there may be reason to assume she was among the prisoners taken back to the Dreadfort.