Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else Part 3

HexMachina

On 22/05/2016 at 6:47 AM, TheLastLibrarian said:

Please, can someone tell me what happened to old nan in the books? in the show she simply vanished, is she dead or escaped when Theon took winterfell?

Old Nan didn't simply vanish in the show. After cutting Ned's head off, Joff made Sansa look at it along with other northern people's head, Old nan being one of them. I do hope she will survive in the books though, it'd be nice to see some familiar faces in winterfell after the Starks took control again.

18 hours ago, Prince_of_ice_and_fire said:

Old Nan didn't simply vanish in the show. After cutting Ned's head off, Joff made Sansa look at it along with other northern people's head, Old nan being one of them. I do hope she will survive in the books though, it'd be nice to see some familiar faces in winterfell after the Starks took control again.

That is Septa Mordane, Old Nan remained at Winterfell

15 hours ago, Ser Leftwich said:

Bump. Anything?

Not that I recall no. I seem to remember it was Robb making the plan to retake the North but needing Walder Frey, but there was no will (I could be forgetting a scene but I don't think so. 

12 hours ago, ghostdancer said:

I saw a funny meme  today, GOT...."build me a 1000 ships" ...um they live on rock island with no trees,  

Well there's actually a whole archipelago of Islands and even Ireland has its forests. It stands to reason the Iron Born got their wood from somewhere for the three centuries they have been banned from raiding now...

Also I can see the Ironborn being fanatic/stupid enough to disassemble their own homes in order to build at least some sort of ships.

Edited by Orphalesion

19 hours ago, Mystrandir said:

I believe that would be one of the swords taken from the Winterfell crypts, assuming she carried it all the way.

But they didn't do that in the show. Thanks for responding, but I was actually curious as to whether Meera was carrying a sword in the tunnel chase in ep 605 or later. I couldn't tell from the clips. ( I haven't seen the show.) There were stills from ep 606 (the second Bran-Meera-BenHands scene) that showed a sword leaning against the tree Bran and Meera were huddled under. Was that Meera's or BenHands'?

1 hour ago, helter skelter said:

Why did three eyed raven had two eyes? Wasnt he bryndon rivers? And someone mentioned meera's sword. Is it possible she would carry dark sister?

1. He's the Two-Eyed Raven, instead of the Three-Eyed Crow from the books. 

2. Who knows? The show has never called him Brynden Rivers, and he said he's been in the tree for a thousand eyes. 

3. I suppose it's "possible", but highly unlikely since nothing was ever said about DS. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

• 2 weeks later...