grrm latest comment on notablog ?

Exactly. A lot of book fans seem to think he should spend the majority of his day writing his books, instead of you know, having a life.

Like come on, if you had the money he had and all of that you'd want to do stuff with said money and enjoy your successes.

Having a life and doing nothing are different things (Read it till the end before you "kill" me for that sentence). Granted, I don't know how much George writes, but his average word count during 2000 - 2011 was around 200 words per day. I'm not a professional writer but I write at a pace of around 300 words per hour. That basically means that Martin writes around 56 minutes 5 times a week. When you think about it it's not very much. A normal person who has a life goes to work for 8 hours 5 times a week. Steven Erikson called himself lazy for writing 5 hours 4 times a week.

These are estimates though. When he was writing ADWD he did a lot of re-writing which screws up the math, and I haven't taken into account any of his holidays or travels either. It's also possible that Martin is a slower writer than I am. At least his text is of better quality.

I don't think there is any way Robert's Rebellion will be made by any outlet prior to the conclusion of ASOIAF. It would give away too much of the mystery of the novels. Instead of having various characters' recollections of what happened, we'd see it first hand and that wouldn't be much fun (before the series' conclusion anyway).

I find it doubtful that this ever happens,honestly. George has been asked about this before and has always expressed very little interest. He has also said we will know all the details of Roberts Rebellion when ASOIAF finishes anway. I think although a TV show from someone interested in the subject might be possible, it is very unlikely. George has no interest and it's not going to contain a story we won't know.

I find it doubtful that this ever happens,honestly. George has been asked about this before and has always expressed very little interest. He has also said we will know all the details of Roberts Rebellion when ASOIAF finishes anway. I think although a TV show from someone interested in the subject might be possible, it is very unlikely. George has no interest and it's not going to contain a story we won't know.

You are probably exactly correct. Once the story is finished it may well be the case that the entirety of Robert's Rebellion would feel completely redundant. I don't understand why anyone would want to see it though before the books are finished or even Game of Thrones for that matter. It would detract from the experience as opposed to enhancing it IMO.

Is it possible that D&D can continue with S6 even when GRRM hasn't finished his book ? I mean they know what's gonna happen and they are writers too, so they can actually write their own stories and finish S6 & S7.

I say this because D&D once said in an interview that the show cannot go on a hiatus for 2 years because of George couldn't finish his books. And since they have the right to change and actually do anything they want with the story, they can decide to go their own way and finish the series without the books.

Having a life and doing nothing are different things (Read it till the end before you "kill" me for that sentence). Granted, I don't know how much George writes, but his average word count during 2000 - 2011 was around 200 words per day. I'm not a professional writer but I write at a pace of around 300 words per hour. That basically means that Martin writes around 56 minutes 5 times a week. When you think about it it's not very much. A normal person who has a life goes to work for 8 hours 5 times a week. Steven Erikson called himself lazy for writing 5 hours 4 times a week.

These are estimates though. When he was writing ADWD he did a lot of re-writing which screws up the math, and I haven't taken into account any of his holidays or travels either. It's also possible that Martin is a slower writer than I am. At least his text is of better quality.

I know he could write a little faster, but some book fans hassle him because he'll go to some event, or some interview or go on holiday or even just spend a day off or something. I find that a bit unfair. Some people even accuse him of having actually written his books (all the way up to a dream of spring) and not releasing them because he wants to create suspension. Like wtf?

But he doesn't do "nothing", I find that also a bit harsh.

Plus he doesn't have a set pace, or a thinking of "I'll do an hour today". From what I've heard he kind of goes with the flow. Some days he'll write more, others he won't.

I know he could write a little faster, but some book fans hassle him because he'll go to some event, or some interview or go on holiday or even just spend a day off or something. I find that a bit unfair. Some people even accuse him of having actually written his books (all the way up to a dream of spring) and not releasing them because he wants to create suspension. Like wtf?

Plus he doesn't have a set pace, or a thinking of "I'll do an hour today". From what I've heard he kind of goes with the flow. Some days he'll write more, others he won't.

Wouldn't shock me if he hasn't even started writing WoW yet. He seems more interested to editing Wilds Cards books and writing fake history about his universe these days. Just about all of the sample chapters released are material left over from ADwD too, lol

I don't mean it literally that he does nothing. I know he writes the books when he can, I just wish he put a little more time into them when he has it, if possible (As in, he knows what's going to happen next). While writing is not exactly comparable to normal work, I wish I could know that he works on the books enough to grant it a title of "working" and not something he does when he's bored. I also want page count updates, even if they backtrack occasionally. :) I like the way Sanderson does it. He has a percentage counter on his page and updates it every few days if there is anything to update. He's written around 1/10th of a book (1300-1400 pages long) during the last month. Of course percentages would require quite precise planning so a page count counter would be easier.

Archived