grrm latest comment on notablog ?

The problem with looking too much into these comments is, we have no idea what "way behind" means in this context. We don't know where George is "supposed" to be at this point, so there's no point in speculating what he means when he says way behind.

"I have so much work to do, I am way behind on everything"

Is it worth reading anything into this comment ? From what I've seen people were hopeful we'd have winds before s6

I wouldn't stress it too much. He's busy. He has many pages to write. He writes very dense, multi layered, multi nuanced text and that takes a great deal of time. I heard rumors about late this year but it's likely going to be next year or the year after.

I found the first comment to that sentence rather hysterical and lol'd.

I am way behind on everything, and I have a wedding to attend in Jersey in a few weeks, and worldcon after that... and if truth be told, San Diego has gotten overwhelming in recent years.

What kind of lunatic invites GRRM to a wedding?

That's bad mojo.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Eh, I'm going to take that as I usually do when people bring up things that could make me doubt an early release. I'm sure it was just a joke, Winds will soon be done.

That's bad mojo. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The one who hopes to get him drunk so he can spill some of his plans. That's what I'd do (not actually serious, just making that clear.)

I think way behind is way behind, if we really dig up actual hidden meanings, plots and clues from his books then just imagine how long it takes him to get everything just rite. George seems to be all over the place lately can't say Iblame him he's famous now and living the life I hope he enjoys every bit of it but I also hope he keeps the books rolling lol .

That's bad mojo.

I feel bad for both parts. First, the guests should be very always awkward around him, like he's about to start shooting everybody... and then, all the jokes he probably has to endure :lol:

But yes, we need someone to get him drunk and spoil.

Now i might just be crazy, or my brain might have "died of waiting" as the Frey's say; but I think "way behind" means he is almost done.

For all I know, even if he is finished writing the book, it would still mean that he is behind in the editing, comparing continuity, selecting things that may have to be dropped or sent to a next book. Even if he said "I finished the book today" he would still to edit, correct... and publish. In other words, we aren't getting the book this year even in the most optimist views.

Eh, I'm going to take that as I usually do when people bring up things that could make me doubt an early release. I'm sure it was just a joke, Winds will soon be done.The one who hopes to get him drunk so he can spill some of his plans. That's what I'd do (not actually serious, just making that clear.)

Actually, that's quite a good strategy. There was a follow up comment to the wedding one which was equally as funny:

Re: What kind of lunatic invites GRRM to a wedding?

I think it would be worse mojo to NOT invite George.

That post makes me want to slap the next who person who genuinely bitches about his pace (I say genuinely as in, not as a matter of humor). The man's been a tremendous part of nerd fandom his entire life. I think it's a shame now he's prevented from enjoying it because of people breathing down his neck about the book and that he's recognized everywhere cause of that stupid show.

Exactly. A lot of book fans seem to think he should spend the majority of his day writing his books, instead of you know, having a life.

Like come on, if you had the money he had and all of that you'd want to do stuff with said money and enjoy your successes.

I found the first comment to that sentence rather hysterical and lol'd.

That's bad mojo.

Guys... I think you know what must be done: WE HAVE TO STOP THIS WEDDING

Exactly. A lot of book fans seem to think he should spend the majority of his day writing his books, instead of you know, having a life.

Like come on, if you had the money he had and all of that you'd want to do stuff with said money and enjoy your successes.

He can do whatever he wants, and he has.

He also said he intended to finish the series in advance of HBO. He is going to fail there.

A lot of the people I regularly hear complaining actually were introduced to the series by the show, rather than the books. Not that this makes them lesser fans or anything, but being introduced to ASoIaF after 2012 and complaining about GRRM's progress is like hopping into a car at the end of a long road trip and constantly asking "are we there yet?"

Eh. If they were caught up enough to read ADWD right after it came out, then they've been waiting for TWOW as long as the rest of us.

As far as his comment, he probably is behind on a lot of stuff. He's a true celebrity now and I don't begrudge him a minute of his charmed life. Like everyone else, I'll be really happy when we get a release date on the book, but I'd rather he took his time and wrote a great novel than rush it so he can keep his fan base happy, but give them something subpar in the process.

People complain about AFFC and ADWD, but I think they were awesome. Every book has been great so far (though ASOS will always be my favorite), and I'd hate to see him end that streak for expedience.

ASOIAF readers can be real rays of sunshine.

It will come out when it comes out, and not before. I wouldn't read into little things like this, no more than when he said: "Of course, those books are better than the films, as is so often the case" (Paraphrasing)

I think it has a deeper meaning, and I am probably wrong.

Archived