post ADWD missing persons report, and other loose ends.

Logicsbane

This is a great idea for a thread. And people are misunderstanding it big time.

I think we should keep a thread solely dedicated to questions. That is, finding out and indexing the mysteries, but not discussing the aswers. We have literally tens of thousands of threads dedicated to theories and speculations. Discussing every question in one thread - as being done here - is phenomenally stupid, as it'll only turn into a great mess with no coherence.

Anyway, the purpose of the questions thread would be to separate the "big" questions from the small ones. Find out which questions the plot hinge on, what is likely to be unveiled, and what can be assumed will be kept unknown. It would also be a great tool to find little unknowns that could be leading to something bigger.

The thread would also require close maintenance, to keep the OP updated with a proper list of questions. I'm not sure if I'm up to the task myself, but some of the moderators (possibly working together) could potentially manage to keep it running.

I'll try to suggest some of the categories we could sort questions into. Note that the questions asked are only examples at this point, in reality there would be many more questions per category. Also, I try to keep the questions as specific as possible, so that ideally the answer to them could be as short and to-the-point as possible.

Note that some of the questions might seem to have very easy answers - confirmed, even - but I think they should be there nonetheless.

1. People and identities

1.1 People whose whereabouts are unknown

- Where is Edric Dayne?

- Where is Tyrek Lannister?

- What happened to Ned's bones?

- Where is Benjen Stark?

1.2 (presented) Characters of unknown identity

- Who is Lem Lemoncloak?

- Who is the hooded man in Winterfell?

- Who is Robert Strong?

- Who is the High Sparrow?

- Who is (was?) Coldhands?

- Is Aegon legit?

1.3 Characters of unknown ancestry

- Who is Darkstar's parents?

- Who are Jon Snow's parents?

1.4 Characters close to death (note: incidents of substantial doubt only, brought up in-universe of heavily implied)

- Is Ser Loras actually dying?

- Is Sandor Clegane still alive?

- Is Gregor Clegane somehow still alive?

- Is Quentyn Martell still alive?

2. Plots and machinations

2.1 Plots of known characters

- What is Jaqen H'ghar up to?

- Who is Ser Shadrick loyal to?

- What is Littlefinger's end game? Does he have any at all?

2.2 Multi-person plots

- To what extent are the Northern lords cooperating?

- Is there a conspiracy at the Citadel?

- Who controls the Sons of the Harpy? Is there a Harpy at all?

2.3 Plots of unknown origin/extent

- Was Tywin Lannister poisoned?

- Is the story of Ser Loras' demise true?

- Who poisoned Daenerys' locusts?

3. Prophecies and legends

3.1 Prophecies - general

- Can prophecies be trusted to always come into fruition?

- Is there reason to believe Azor Ahai will come again?

- (Index of prophecies)

3.2 Terms and allegories (words of uncertain meaning or prophecies not blatantly referring to a specific person)

- Who (or what) is the valonqar (and why the hell can't people seem to spell the word correctly?)

- Who (or what) is the perfumed seneschal?

- What (or who) is "the mummer's dragon?"

3.2 Prophecies referring to specific people

- Who is "the younger, more beautiful queen"?

- Who is "the prince that was promised"?

3.3 Prophecies referring to objects

- Is there a Horn of Winter? Where is it?

- What is Lightbringer?

4. Events in the past

4.1 Who were...

- Who were the Knight of the Laughing Tree?

4.2 What happened to...

- What became of the Wildfire Plot?

5. Cliffhangers (as per the most recent chapter)

5.1. Stuff that has happened

- Did Ser Hyle and Podrick survive the encounter with the Brotherhood without Banners?

5.2. Stuff that is happening

- Will Jon Snow survive the stabbing?

- Is Jojen Reed alive?

5.3. Stuff that will happen soon

- What is Stannis' plan for "The battle of ice"?

6. Locations and geography
(NOTE: No "what is beyond..." questions, as those places can summarily be dismissed as irrelevant to the story)

- Should this even be a category?

- Do Grendel's Tunnels actually cross the Wall? If so, where do they surface?

- Why does the Rhoyne seem to run backwards at Chroyane?

- What became of Valyria after the Doom?

7. List of plot threads/lines

7.1 In Westeros

- Castle Black and the mutiny

- Stannis Baratheon's siege of Winterfell

- Davos Seaworth's hunt for Rickon

- etc., etc.

7.2 Across the narrow sea

- Daenerys' encounter with the Dothraki

- Arya's training with the Faceless Men

- Tyrion, Jorah and Penny at the Second Sons

- The siege of Meereen

- Victarion and the Dragon Horn

I could go on suggesting questions, categories, etc., but suddenly my computer decided to post the post, and some of you are probably reading it now and wondering why it stopped mid-sentence. Also, I don't have all night, and this certainly will take all night.

I'd like to hear more suggestions to categories, as finding the proper way to sort questions should be prioritized before submitting loads of them.

Lastly, there are threads - multiples, even - discussing every question I've listed here and then some. If you start speculating on their answers in this thread, I WILL report your post.

Golly, that seems unlikely. A decapated head was transported - in summer no less - all the way from the Twins to Kings Landing... Where it would still be usable and not a rotted pile of grubs.... On the off chance a disgraced maester might have a headless zombie he'd like to cap off.... Yeesh.

I've always assumed, given the text, the head brought to Dorne was a midget's. KL is up to it's eyeballs in midget heads from people trying to claim the Tyrion lottery. Midgets are known to have very large heads with heavy brows. The head was specifically sent in bone only - not tarred or anything else. There's very little to suspect the head was actully Clegane's. Moreover, very little to assume Ser Strong would need a head transplant.

I think it's more that a dwarf appears to have a large head in comparison to his or her body.

Think grownup's head on child's body.  Normal size, but it's going to look large because of the setting.

This is a great idea for a thread. And people are misunderstanding it big time.

I think we should keep a thread solely dedicated to questions. That is, finding out and indexing the mysteries, but not discussing the aswers. We have literally tens of thousands of threads dedicated to theories and speculations. Discussing every question in one thread - as being done here - is phenomenally stupid, as it'll only turn into a great mess with no coherence.

Anyway, the purpose of the questions thread would be to separate the "big" questions from the small ones. Find out which questions the plot hinge on, what is likely to be unveiled, and what can be assumed will be kept unknown. It would also be a great tool to find little unknowns that could be leading to something bigger.

The thread would also require close maintenance, to keep the OP updated with a proper list of questions. I'm not sure if I'm up to the task myself, but some of the moderators (possibly working together) could potentially manage to keep it running.

I'll try to suggest some of the categories we could sort questions into. Note that the questions asked are only examples, in reality there would be many more questions per category. Also, I try to keep the questions as specific as possible, so that ideally the answer to them could be as short and to-the-point as possible.

1. People and identities
1.1 People with unknown whereabouts
  - Where is Edric Dayne?
 - Where is Tyrek Lannister?
 - What happened to Ned's bones?
 - Where is Benjen Stark?

1.2 (presented) Characters with unknown identities
- Who is Lem Lemoncloak?
 - Who is the hooded man in Winterfell?
 - Who is Robert Strong?
 - Who is the High Sparrow?
 - Who is (was?) Coldhands?
 - Is Aegon legit?

2.1 Single-person plots
- What is Jaqen H'ghar up to?
 - Who is Ser Shadrick loyal to?
 - What is Littlefinger's end game? Does he have any at all?
 - Does Aeron Greyjoy have a plan?

2.2 Multi-person plots
- To what extent are the Northern lords cooperating?
 - Is there a conspiracy at the Citadel?
 - Who controls the Sons of the Harpy? Is there a Harpy at all?

2.3 Unknown plots
  - Was Tywin Lannister poisoned?
 - Is the story of Ser Loras' demise true?
 - Who poisoned Daenerys' locusts?

3.1 Prophecies - general
 - Can prophecies be trusted to always come into fruition?
 - Is there reason to believe Azor Ahai's story will come again?
 - (Index of prophecies)

3.2 Terms and allegories (words of uncertain meaning or prophecies not blatantly referring to a specific person)
- Who (or what) is the valonqar (and why the hell can't people seem to spell the word correctly?)
 - Who (or what) is the perfumed seneschal?
 - What is the mummer's dragon?

- Who is "the younger, more beautiful queen"?
 - Who is "the prince that was promised"?

- Is there a Horn of Winter? Where is it?
 - What is Lightbringer?

4. Events in the past
4.1 Who were...
  - Who were the Knight of the Laughing Tree?

4.2 What...
 - What became of the Wildfire Plot?

5. Cliffhangers
- Did Ser Hyle and Podrick survive the encounter with the Brotherhood without Banners?

- Will Jon Snow survive the stabbing?

- What is Stannis' plan?

I could go on suggesting questions, categories, etc., but suddenly my computer decided to post the post, and some of you are probably reading it now and wondering why it stopped mid-sentence. Also, I don't have all night, and this certainly will take all night.

I'd like to hear more suggestions to categories, as finding the proper way to sort questions should be prioritized before submitting loads of them.

Lastly, there are threads - multiples, even - discussing every question I've listed here and then some. If you start speculating on their answers in this thread, I WILL report your post.

Great Post. Most people did misunderstand my original question, and that was whether or not the questions would be answered in Winds ( and like I said, the answers had been theorized to death). But yes, there should almost be a reference guide much like you laid out detailing all the different mysteries, riddles, prophecies, and missing persons/identities. I bet there are easily 100 items that GRRM needs to address in the next 2 books.

I think it's more that a dwarf appears to have a large head in comparison to his or her body.

Think grownup's head on child's body.  Normal size, but it's going to look large because of the setting.

not true, Dwarves or little people commonly have larger heads than those of normal stature. It's not just your eyes playing tricks on you because they are resting on smallish bodies.

Great Post. Most people did misunderstand my original question, and that was whether or not the questions would be answered in Winds ( and like I said, the answers had been theorized to death). But yes, there should almost be a reference guide much like you laid out detailing all the different mysteries, riddles, prophecies, and missing persons/identities. I bet there are easily 100 items that GRRM needs to address in the next 2 books.

Thanks for supporting the idea!

I made a few improvements to the post, and am toying with the idea of starting a thread of its own. However, I'd like some more feedback on the categories and the way they're organized before taking it to a thread. With all the mysteries out there, it feels like I might have forgotten many wide categories already.

Har!

I made some notes on my computer because I was actually planning exactly such a thread. Good thing somebody else did it, I don't have time to post regularly.

Your structure is a bit too complex for my taste, I had sorted my stuff by relevance only (essential/major/minor/negligible), but it is a structure, so I worked my notes in below (red):

1. People and identities

• Where is Edric Dayne?
  • Where is Tyrek Lannister?
  • What happened to Ned's bones?
  • Where is Benjen Stark?
  • Where do whores go?
  • Where is the Blackfish?

• Who is Lem Lemoncloak?
  • Who is the hooded man in Winterfell?
  • Who is Robert Strong?
  • Who is the High Sparrow?
  • Who is (was?) Coldhands?
  • Is Aegon legit?
  • Who is the Dusky Woman?
  • Who is Quaithe?
  • Who is Patchface or rather what exactly happened to him?
  • What is Melisandre's story?
  • Who is the Ghost of High Heart? (possibly to be resolved in D&E)
  • Who is Septa Lemore?
  • What's the deal with Hodor?

• Who is Darkstar's parents?
  • Who are Jon Snow's parents?

1.4 Characters close to death (note: incidents of substantial doubt only, brought up in-universe of heavily implied)

• Is Ser Loras actually dying?
  • Is Sandor Clegane still alive?
  • Is Gregor Clegane somehow still alive?
  • Is Quentyn Martell still alive?

2.1 Plots of known characters

• What is Jaqen H'ghar up to?
  • Who is Ser Shadrick loyal to?
  • What is Littlefinger's end game? Does he have any at all?
  • What is Varys'/Illyrio's endgame?
  • What is Moqorro's/Benerro's agenda?
  • What is Quaithe's agenda?
  • What is Marwyn's agenda?

2.2 Multi-person plots

• To what extent are the Northern lords cooperating?
  • Is there a conspiracy at the Citadel?
  • Who controls the Sons of the Harpy? Is there a Harpy at all?

• Was Tywin Lannister poisoned?
  • Is the story of Ser Loras' demise true?
  • Who poisoned Daenerys' locusts?
  • Who sent the dagger to kill Bran?
  • Who really killed Joffrey?
  • Where is Howland Reed? What happened at the TOJ?
  • Who was behind Mandon Moore's attack on Tyrion?
  • What about Robb's will?
  • What is Euron up to?          

3.1 Prophecies - general

• Can prophecies be trusted to always come into fruition?
  • Is there reason to believe Azor Ahai/Ptwp will come again?
  • Index of prophecies
  1. By Quaithe
  2. By the Ghost of High Heart
  3. In the HotU
  4. By Patchface
  5. By Melisandre
  6. By the Toland Girl (TWOW)

• Who (or what) is the valonqar (and why the hell can't people seem to spell the word correctly?)
  • Who (or what) is the perfumed seneschal?
  • What (or who) is "the mummer's dragon?"
  • What is the Song of Ice and Fire?

• Who is "the younger, more beautiful queen"?
  • Who is "the prince that was promised"?

• Is there a Horn of Winter/Horn of Joramun? Where is it?
  • What is Lightbringer?

4. Events in the past

4.1 Who were...

• Who were the Knight of the Laughing Tree?
  • What was that book Roose burned at Harrenhal?

4.2 What happened to...

• What became of the Wildfire Plot?

• Did Ser Hyle and Podrick survive the encounter with the Brotherhood without Banners?
  • Septon Meribald's fate?
  • What happened to Weasel? (This was the only one I had in the "negligible" category)

• Will Jon Snow survive the stabbing?
  • Is Jojen Reed alive?

• What is Stannis' plan for "The battle of ice"?

(NOTE: No "what is beyond..." questions, as those places can summarily be dismissed as irrelevant to the story)

• Should this even be a category?
  • Do Grendel's Tunnels actually cross the Wall? If so, where do they surface?
  • Why does the Rhoyne seem to run backwards at Chroyane?
  • What became of Valyria after the Doom? What caused the Doom to begin with?
  • What's the deal with the Isle of Faces?
  • Is there a tunnel out of the crypts of Winterfell?

7. List of plot threads/lines

7.1 In Westeros

• The Others invasion: what is the Heart of Winter?
  • Castle Black and the mutiny
  • Stannis Baratheon's siege of Winterfell:
  1. Mance's fate?
  2. Who wrote the Pink Letter?
  3. Davos Seaworth's hunt for Rickon
  • Cersei's trial
  • Margaery's trial
  • How will Myrcella and Tommen die?
  • Areo/Darkstar/Obara plotline
  • LSH/Jaime/Brienne?
  • What will happen with Sam, Jaqen, Sarella and the glass candle? What role will the Hightowers play?
  • Aeron/Euron and "twisted stuff"
  • Jeyne Westerling future role?
  • Edmure Tully future role?          

7.2 Across the narrow sea

• What is the purpose of Dany's dragons?
  • Daenerys' encounter with the Dothraki
  • Arya's training with the Faceless Men
  1. What happens when the Sealord of Braavos dies?    
  2. History of FM      
  • The siege of Meereen:
  1. Tyrion, Jorah and Penny at the Second Sons
  2. Victarion and the Dragon Horn
  3. Volantene slave revolt
  4. Marwyn's role?
  5. Role of Tattered Prince?

8. Chekov's Guns

• What will happen with Nymeria's pack?
  • "Impregnable" Eyrie          

Har!

I made some notes on my computer because I was actually planning exactly such a thread. Good thing somebody else did it, I don't have time to post regularly.

Your structure is a bit too complex for my taste, I had sorted my stuff by relevance only (essential/major/minor/negligible), but it is a structure, so I worked my notes in below (red):

Thanks for filling in!

While I appreciate your listing of more examples, I was primarily looking for feedback on the arrangement of it all. Some of the examples you listed made me realized the categories need some tweaking, though, so I must say they were most helpless at any rate.

I definitely agree with adding category 8. I would actually propose splitting it into two sub-categories, though: Events and objects. Roose Bolton burning the book might be an event (I intended category 5 for stuff happening before the onset of AGoT, as in "historical events") whereas Sam's obsidian horn would be a typical object. Not sure where to put the Eyrie and Nymeria's pack, though.

I also propose a category 1.5: Characters with an unexplained background. Patchface, Melisandre, Hodor and maybe Lem would fit there, as these are characters we know much about in the present, but their past is still mysterious. The folks in category 1.2 are mysterious in the present as well as the past. I hope that makes sense.

Category 2.1 should be renamed "Agendas" insted of "Plots", I think. Agenda is a much more fitting word.

Septon Meribald and Weasel shouldn't go in cliffhangers, I think...  That's the stuff for dilemmas introduced in the most recent chapter(s) of the characters in question. Meribald and Weasel would fit better in 1.1 - unknown whereabouts, I think. Or maybe category 1 should have a "fates" subcategory? Anyway, Mance's fate is a cliffhanger, but Weasel is not, since she was last seen in A Clash of Kings (17 years ago...).

The pink letter isn't a storyline in itself, but it could go in the cliffhangers section. Or Plots. Both, perhaps?

Thanks for filling in!

While I appreciate your listing of more examples, I was primarily looking for feedback on the arrangement of it all. Some of the examples you listed made me realized the categories need some tweaking, though, so I must say they were most helpless at any rate.

I definitely agree with adding category 8. I would actually propose splitting it into two sub-categories, though: Events and objects. Roose Bolton burning the book might be an event (I intended category 5 for stuff happening before the onset of AGoT, as in "historical events") whereas Sam's obsidian horn would be a typical object. Not sure where to put the Eyrie and Nymeria's pack, though.

I also propose a category 1.5: Characters with an unexplained background. Patchface, Melisandre, Hodor and maybe Lem would fit there, as these are characters we know much about in the present, but their past is still mysterious. The folks in category 1.2 are mysterious in the present as well as the past. I hope that makes sense.

Category 2.1 should be renamed "Agendas" insted of "Plots", I think. Agenda is a much more fitting word.

Septon Meribald and Weasel shouldn't go in cliffhangers, I think...  That's the stuff for dilemmas introduced in the most recent chapter(s) of the characters in question. Meribald and Weasel would fit better in 1.1 - unknown whereabouts, I think. Or maybe category 1 should have a "fates" subcategory? Anyway, Mance's fate is a cliffhanger, but Weasel is not, since she was last seen in A Clash of Kings (17 years ago...).

The pink letter isn't a storyline in itself, but it could go in the cliffhangers section. Or Plots. Both, perhaps?

It's a fun little excercise to lay out perhaps a fraction of the loose ends GRRM needs to tie up in the next couple books....of course, we may never learn what happens to Benjen, or find out where Whores go, but it's fun to compile the mysteries.

Har!

I made some notes on my computer because I was actually planning exactly such a thread...

Implementing some of your changes in this new post instead of editing the old one, because you made it all nice with dots and such...

0. Index

1. People and identities
  4. Events in the far past (before the onset of A Game of Thrones)
  5. Cliffhangers
  6. Locations and Geography
  7. Chekov's Guns
  8. List of major plot lines

1. People and identities

• Where is Edric Dayne?
  • Where is Tyrek Lannister?
  • What happened to Ned's bones?
  • Where is Benjen Stark?
  • Where is the Blackfish?
  • What happened to Weasel?

• Who is Lem Lemoncloak?
  • Who is the hooded man in Winterfell?
  • Who is Robert Strong?
  • Who is the High Sparrow?
  • Who is (was?) Coldhands?
  • Is Aegon legit?
  • Who is the Dusky Woman?
  • Who is Quaithe?
  • Who is the Ghost of High Heart? (possibly to be resolved in D&E)
  • Who is Septa Lemore?

• Who is Darkstar's parents?
  • Who are Jon Snow's parents?

1.4 Characters close to death, one way or another (note: incidents of substantial doubt only, brought up in-universe of heavily implied)

1.41 Characters thought to be dead or dying, but which might be alive (and in various stages of wellbeing)

• Is Ser Loras actually dying?
  • Is Sandor Clegane still alive?
  • Is Gregor Clegane somehow still alive?
  • Is Quentyn Martell still alive?
  • Did Septon Chayle, an adept swimmer, survive being thrown into the well of Winterfell?
  • Did Mance's spearwives all die?
  • What happened to Marillion? Did he really jump from the Sky Cells, as claimed by Littlefinger?
  • Is Stannis Baratheon really dead, as claimed in the Pink Letter? (note: other deaths implied if the Pink Letter is true, will not be listed)

1.42 Characters thought to be alive, but which might be dead or dying

• Is Robert "Sweetrobin" Arryn terminally ill?
  • Is Jojen Reed dying?

1.5 Characters whose present is well known, but whose background is unclear

• What is Melisandre's story?
  • What is the deal with Hodor?
  • What happened to Patchface?

2.1 Agendas of known characters

• What is Jaqen H'ghar up to?
  • Who is Ser Shadrick loyal to?
  • What is Littlefinger's end game? Does he have any at all?
  • What is Varys'/Illyrio's endgame?
  • What is Moqorro's/Benerro's agenda?
  • What is Quaithe's agenda?
  • What is Marwyn's agenda?
  • What is Tom of Sevenstreams doing at Riverrun?

2.2 Multi-person plots

• To what extent are the Northern lords cooperating?
  • Is there a conspiracy at the Citadel?
  • Who controls the Sons of the Harpy? Is there a Harpy at all?

• Was Tywin Lannister poisoned?
  • Is the story of Ser Loras' demise true? If not, who made it up and why?
  • Who poisoned Daenerys' locusts?
  • Who sent the dagger to kill Bran?
  • Who really killed Joffrey?
  • Who was behind Mandon Moore's attack on Tyrion?
  • What about Robb's will?
  • What is Euron up to?

3.1 Prophecies - general

• Can prophecies be trusted to always come into fruition?
  • Is there reason to believe Azor Ahai/Ptwp will come again?
  • Index of prophecies
  1. By Quaithe
  2. By the Ghost of High Heart
  3. In the HotU
  4. By Patchface
  5. By Melisandre
  6. By the Toland Girl (TWOW)
  7. By "Maggy the Frog"
  8. Dreams

• Who (or what) is the valonqar (and why the hell can't people seem to spell the word correctly?)
  • Who (or what) is the perfumed seneschal?
  • What (or who) is "the mummer's dragon?"
  • What is the Song of Ice and Fire?

• Who is "the younger, more beautiful queen"? (Maggy's prophecy to Cersei)
  • Who is "the prince that was promised"? (prophecy mentioned by Rhaegar, among others)

3.3 Objects recurring in prophecies or legends

• Is there a Horn of Winter/Horn of Joramun? Where is it?
  • What is Lightbringer?

3.4 Legends - general

• Why are the Others returning?
  • What are the exact conditions required for hatching dragon eggs?
  • Why is magic returning to the world?
  • How is Valyrian steel made?

4. Events in the far past (before the onset of A Game of Trones)

4.1 Who were...

• Who were the Knight of the Laughing Tree?
  • Who were the Night's King?

4.2 Unexplained events

• What became of the Wildfire Plot?
  • What caused the Doom of Valyria? Did the Faceless Men play a role?
  • What caused the fire at Summerhall?
  • What happened at the Tower of Joy?
  • How did Howland Reed save Ned's life?
  • Why did Ashara Dayne throw herself into the sea? Did she at all?

4.3 Fates of characters from before ASoIaF (note: not always likely to be revealed in this series, but listed here anyway for completion's sake)

• What was the fate of Nettles?
  • What happened to Brandon the Shipwright?
  • What happened to Gerion Lannister?

• Did Ser Hyle and Podrick survive the encounter with the Brotherhood without Banners?
  • Who wrote the Pink Letter?

• Will Jon Snow survive the stabbing?

• What is Stannis' plan for "The battle of ice"?

(NOTE: No "what lies beyond..." questions, as those places can summarily be dismissed as irrelevant to the story)

• Do Grendel's Tunnels actually cross the Wall? If so, where do they surface?
  • Why does the Rhoyne seem to run backwards at Chroyane?
  • What became of Valyria after the Doom?
  • What's the deal with the Isle of Faces?
  • Is there a tunnel out of the crypts of Winterfell?

7. Chekov's Guns (recurring items/phrases which might be of importance)

7.1 Stuff brought up often, or implied to be of major importance (practically speaking: stuff a non-savvy reader would pick up during the first read)

• What will happen with Nymeria's pack?
  • "Impregnable" Eyrie
  • Where do whores go?
  • What is up with the obsidian horn Jon found at the Fist, currently in Sam's possession?
  • Why is Darkstar "the most dangerous man in Dorne"?

7.2 Less noticeable items/phrases

• What was that book Roose burned at Harrenhal?
  • What is the deal with the hunting tapestries Littlefinger had sent over from King's Landing?
  • Was Dany's house with the red door and the lemon tree located in Braavos at all? If not, where was it?

8. List of plot threads/lines (note: no questions here, just a list of stuff going on)

8.1 In Westeros

• The Others invasion
  • Castle Black and the mutiny
  • Stannis Baratheon's siege of Winterfell:
  • Davos Seaworth's hunt for Rickon
  • Everything going on in King's Landing
  • Areo/Darkstar/Obara plotline
  • LSH/Jaime/Brienne
  • Things going on at the Citadel in Oldtown
  • Aeron/Euron
  • Edmure Tully on the run

8.2 Across the narrow sea

• Daenerys' encounter with the Dothraki
  • Arya's training with the Faceless Men
  • The siege of Meereen
  • Tyrion, Jorah and Penny at the Second Sons
  • Victarion and the Dragon Horn
  • Volantene slave revolt

Do you think this is good enough for its own thread soon? Or should I change anything?

Implementing some of your changes in this new post instead of editing the old one, because you made it all nice with dots and such...

<snip>

Do you think this is good enough for its own thread soon? Or should I change anything?

I see you started this on the General forum as well.  I think it would help if you maintained the initial thread by editing in additions suggested in the comments.  This means readers would be able to review all of the current listings before commenting with their own additions.  It would help reduce redundancies...in theory...and you can leave this one for discussions.  But I know it would be more work to maintain it. 

I assume anything in the above-listed topics includes anything regarding Robert's Rebellion, etc.  While it might be out of scope, I'd personally like to see you add a category for questions about historical items such as Dunk and Egg, The World of Ice and Fire, the Maps of I&F, or Princess and the Queen.

Thanks!

1. Jaime
2. No, it's a Tyrell plot to weaken the Lannister forces
3. Chilling at Greywater Watch, tho I believe he will soon leave the neck, if he hasn't already
4. Skagos, with Osha, and presumably gathering support among the skagosi, with whom Osha may have a connection
5. I believe he is already recovering, but I don't think he'll ever go back to be the man he was
6. I buy the theory that supports a northern army lead by Robbet Glover somewhere in the north where this men would be
7. Somewhere beyond the wall, and he's found vital information on the others
8. What I said in 6.
9. One of them, if not both, got to Howland Reed, with whom they might be plotting political and military movements in the North
10. Could be the corsair king in the stepstones that was briefly discussed
11. Gregor Clegane

Archived