2015 Emmys (aka the Maslany awards)

Igziabeher

I can't believe something as dumb as Downton Abbey continues to get award recognition while The Americans and Justified keep getting the shaft.  These two shows put in some of the best performances ever this season and somehow Margo Martindale is the only one to be acknowledged.  Wtf.  

How does supporting actress category work? Because the title seems to be misleading if Lena and Emilia from Thrones are in that category.

Eta: Agree with the Emmy Snubs piece linked at the bottom of that page.

The first rule of the Emmys is, once you're nominated once, so long as you're still eligible for the same award, you will almost certainly be nominated again and again for that role. No matter if you were as good as in previous years.

The first rule of the Emmys is, once you're nominated once, so long as you're still eligible for the same award, you will almost certainly be nominated again and again for that role. No matter if you were as good as in previous years.

Well, if you put it like that it makes complete sense because I was also wondering about Cheadle and House of Lies.

Regarding Thrones' chances, come on, is anyone seriously considering any one of the main awards theirs? I mean between Aduba, Baranski and Hendricks, what Thrones ladies can hope for? Same for Dinklage.

As for other nominees, I am also baffled by Downton Abbey, especially the nonsense we got. Froggatt was nominated, and Smith wasn't? LOL... Can you just imagine what will happen next year when we get the last season of Downton? I am preparing myself for a lot of "Jesus, Mary and Joseph" moments.

I am also puzzled with "The Good Wife" nominations. While Baranski is a natural contender, and with Smith out, this may be her year, Margulies was quite the shock. Especially having in mind that Taraji P. Henson found its way in that category (As hilarious is her twerking and entire Cookie personality, it was a bit over the top.) Also, not huge fan of Claire Danes, but at least we got Elizabeth McGovern and Michelle Dockery of Downton out of competition.

Also, when it comes to comedy, someone really needs to inform that Modern Family is so not even yesterday's news, but ancient history thing...

Well, I really hope that Mad Men's swan song will give Jon Hamm that one Emmy he desperately deserves.

How does supporting actress category work? Because the title seems to be misleading if Lena and Emilia from Thrones are in that category.

It is not up to Academy, as much to producers who submit the certain actors and actresses in categories... Classic Harvey Weinstein's moves :)

Nothing for Black Sails or Penny Dreadful. FFS

Nothing for Daredevil... Cox and D'Onoforio deserved something... Like something 

And regardless of what everyone says, Haylee Atwell deserves a huge applause for her Peggy Carter.

Archived