2015 Emmys (aka the Maslany awards)

Igziabeher

Game of Thrones deserved every nomination it got. I thought Clarke did a fantastic job, but I think Heady deserves it this year. I really hope Thrones wins for best drama, because I would easily put it over Mad Men this season, but I doubt it will win. Still, very impressive and deserved on the nominations. It's good to see all the hard work of the cast and crew rewarded.

I can't believe something as dumb as Downton Abbey continues to get award recognition while The Americans and Justified keep getting the shaft.  These two shows put in some of the best performances ever this season and somehow Margo Martindale is the only one to be acknowledged.  Wtf.  

Yup Justified season 6 is still the best single season of 2015 so far for me, absolute joke it got completely snubbed. The Amercians should have definitely gotten more love as well. Ah well it's been forever since I actually put stock in these award shows.

The only thing GoT deserved this year was a cancellation. The performances were bad to the level of B movie acting, and the writing would have been amusing in its unintentional comedy if it weren't so offensive to the source material. There isn't a chance in hell that it's going to beat out Mad Men or Better Call Saul. I'm only disappointed that they snubbed Daredevil this year. Haven't seen Black Sails yet.

Black Sails season 2 is definitely worth your time.

The only thing GoT deserved this year was a cancellation. The performances were bad to the level of B movie acting, and the writing would have been amusing in its unintentional comedy if it weren't so offensive to the source material. There isn't a chance in hell that it's going to beat out Mad Men or Better Call Saul. I'm only disappointed that they snubbed Daredevil this year. Haven't seen Black Sails yet.

Eh, I thought Better Call Saul was excellent and Mad Men pretty okay, but thought Thrones did the impossible and not only made the deeply flawed Feast and Dance enjoyable, but actually turned them into a splendid season, albeit with some minor flaws.

I couldn't even finish Daredevil. It wasn't terrible, it was simply mediocre. Part of the reason for this is because I thought Fisk was an incredibly lame villain. I was actually laughing at a lot of his scenes, which clearly were intended as dramatic. And when I wasn't laughing I was trying not to fall asleep. I made it to episode eight before throwing in the towel.

But your miles may vary, of course.

Guys, let us just agree that both GoT and Daredevil were drivel. Black Sails season two, Hannibal season two, The Knick's first season to name but a few were all far worthier candidates for nomination that have been snubbed almost completely.

Guys, let us just agree that both GoT and Daredevil were drivel. Black Sails season two, Hannibal season two, The Knick's first season to name but a few were all far worthier candidates for nomination that have been snubbed almost completely.

How was Daredevil drivel?

Nice to see Tatiana Maslany was nominated. Say what you will about Orphan Black's writing and plot, but she blows me away every season. Definitely one of the best actresses on tv.

I thought Lena Headey was fantastic on GoT this season, but I know she has no chance. Nor does GoT in drama. I'm sure Mad Men will sweep many of the awards similar to how BB did in its final season.

Speaking of BB, glad to see Jonathan Banks get the nomination for BCS. He was brilliant in "Five-O."

Sunny snubbed again, same with Penny Dreadful. :bang:

JLD and Tony Hale absolutely deserved noms for Veep.

Because it was almost exactly like Arrow, only with a less attractive cast.

Veltigar, I like you, but we won't stay friends if you compare Arrow and Daredevil :)

Between those two drivels, I would have chosen Daredevil.

Game of Thrones deserved every nomination it got. I thought Clarke did a fantastic job, but I think Heady deserves it this year. I really hope Thrones wins for best drama, because I would easily put it over Mad Men this season, but I doubt it will win. Still, very impressive and deserved on the nominations. It's good to see all the hard work of the cast and crew rewarded.

I am sorry, but LOL... Clarke was horrid and the only reason she is even nominated is because she is turning into a movie star...

Gave up on Homeland and Downton Abbey long ago so I haven't seen the latest seasons, but I highly doubt they are deserving of the nominations they get year after year. Throw Danes out and put Eva Green in for fuck's sake. Or at least Ruth Wilson for the Affair.

And no Mads Mikkelsen yet again.... ugh

Yay that Tatiana Maslany finally got the nomination. 

Still a joke that Eva Green can't get one for PD. 

As for limited series, I understand actors for AHS: Freakshow getting noms. As for the actual season, I don't get it. It was very weak season. 

I have to disagree with that. I think the fight scenes in Daredevil were much better choreographed, the heroes more complex, the villains more human. People had deeper and more realistic motivations. The writing was smarter and the cinematography more fresh. Daredevil is, IMO, better than any other comic book show on TV, including The Walking Dead. I also have very high hopes for Jon Bernthal as the Punisher next season.

:lmao: Wow, that really is the pinnacle of artistic achievement right there :p

Hannibal is not eligible this year, but should have gotten all the nominations last year.  I am sad Justified couldn't get anything for its last season.  Also Broad City was funnier than most of the comedies.

Emilia Clarke is far from "horrid."

How far? Two centimeters? Entire cast was on vacation this year... They almost didn't even try to be convincing.

:lmao: Wow, that really is the pinnacle of artistic achievement right there :P

LOL, no... But, even for a regular TV show, it was more than solid.

How far? Two centimeters? Entire cast was on vacation this year... They almost didn't even try to be convincing.

We're too far apart to make the discussion worthwhile, but saying the entire cast was bad is ridiculous. Lena Headey especially was fantastic this year.

As was Dillane, Turner, & Allen just to name a few.

Archived