Every chicken in this place.

The Lash

Fuck The King's Guard.
Fuck The City.
Fuck The King!

Who enters the Bloody Gate?

The bloody Hound!

Scenes with Sandor usually are among the few that are better in the show than in the books. Also his dialogue with Bronn before the Battle of the Blackwater.

You guys are totes putting me on the Hound train!

I've always liked him. Most misunderstood man, evah! He is the Stark girls guardian angel and I don't even think he knows that himself yet. Apropos as they both lost their wolves but yet are rescued by a Hound.

Who doesn't love that!

Who enters the Bloody Gate?
The bloody Hound!

Scenes with Sandor usually are among the few that are better in the show than in the books. Also his dialogue with Bronn before the Battle of the Blackwater.

That was as much Jerome Flynn's doing as McCann's.
Both Sandor and Bronn are more charismatic in the show than in the books.
Bronn is certainly better in the show while Sandor is more brilliant but less annoyingly spiteful. Though people might like his rougher book darkness.

But maybe we will get the postponed Bronn fight instead of Cleganebowl.

I doubt Sandor will be back for just a small cameo.  Sandor is a popular show character and I expect the show runners will give him plenty of screen time, maybe like:

1.  Quiet Isle 
2. Cleganebowl
3. ...................
4. SanSan!

:)

Yeah, baby! :leer:

Sandor has the misfortune of being paired with Sansa, a character some want paired with someone else, the bashing is not about the story, it's about getting him out of the way.

Here's another one of those pictures, Kit isn't actually sitting on anything, is he? :lol:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/nikolaj-coster-waldau-gwendoline-christie-john-bradley-kit-news-photo/454227580

Brienne is trying to bite off his ear again:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/actors-nikolaj-coster-waldau-pedro-pascal-sophie-turner-news-photo/452683622

You guys are totes putting me on the Hound train!

I've always liked him. Most misunderstood man, evah! He is the Stark girls guardian angel and I don't even think he knows that himself yet. Apropos as they both lost their wolves but yet are rescued by a Hound.

Who doesn't love that!

They both have dog lines in the books setting that up:

For Sansa: "Enough, Ned, I will hear no more... Get her a dog, she'll be happier for it."

For Arya: "I wish I had a good mean dog," said Arya wistfully. "A lion-killing dog."

That was as much Jerome Flynn's doing as McCann's.
Both Sandor and Bronn are more charismatic in the show than in the books.
Bronn is certainly better in the show while Sandor is more brilliant but less annoyingly spiteful. Though people might like his rougher book darkness.

But maybe we will get the postponed Bronn fight instead of Cleganebowl.

i dont think well see any conflict between bronn and the hound. it was kind of hard to tell during the scene but it was basically just a pissing match with the hound starting shit because he hates tyrion. iirc in the little behind the scenes thing one of d and d even said that little nod they had at the end of the scene meant they actually did share a drink before the war.

i dont think well see any conflict between bronn and the hound. it was kind of hard to tell during the scene but it was basically just a pissing match with the hound starting shit because he hates tyrion. iirc in the little behind the scenes thing one of d and d even said that little nod they had at the end of the scene meant they actually did share a drink before the war.

Yeah, I think they parted on good terms, Bronn saved him at Blackwater, during the battle. There was a hint with Bronn this season, too, he was petting a black horse he called a beast and digging graves.

Also, that's the second time Bronn has hinted about Sandor digging graves, in Blackwater, he did too. He also told him beautiful women and ale are better, and Sandor wanted both last season...

(added the message I was responding to)

Yeah, I think they parted on good terms, Bronn saved him at Blackwater, during the battle. There was a hint with Bronn this season, too, he was petting a black horse he called a beast and digging graves.

Also, that's the second time Bronn has hinted about Sandor digging graves, in Blackwater, he did too. He also told him beautiful women and ale are better, and Sandor wanted both last season...

I guess you are right and I am wrong, I like your version, pre battle drink, better anyway.

And still, I am convinced that there might be some unfinished business from Sandor's side towards Tyrion. Tyrion is just arrogant in s1 though he is one of the few who recognises (in the books) that Sandor is not a coward but traumatized by fire.
But Sandor's hatred towards Tyrion is kind of over the top. What does he know about the Lannisters after years in their service, what does he know concerning Tyrion? He is three years older (in the books, show is not specific) than Tyrion, what does he know about Tysha? Was he there? Sandor despises Lollys and Tyrion (in the books) as those helpless who should die and make room for those who can defend themselves. Only Tyrion is not as helpless, not really matching Sandor's criterion as unworthy life. I guess there is more reason for hatred.
And I predict that in the end Tyrion and Sandor might grudgingly work together, a typical Martinesque turn - if Sandor ever shows up again outside the QI. To die a badass death, but dead nonetheless.

I guess you are right and I am wrong, I like your version, pre battle drink, better anyway.

And still, I am convinced that there might be some unfinished business from Sandor's side towards Tyrion. Tyrion is just arrogant in s1 though he is one of the few who recognises (in the books) that Sandor is not a coward but traumatized by fire.
But Sandor's hatred towards Tyrion is kind of over the top. What does he know about the Lannisters after years in their service, what does he know concerning Tyrion? He is three years older (in the books, show is not specific) than Tyrion, what does he know about Tysha? Was he there? Sandor despises Lollys and Tyrion (in the books) as those helpless who should die and make room for those who can defend themselves. Only Tyrion is not as helpless, not really matching Sandor's criterion as unworthy life. I guess there is more reason for hatred.
And I predict that in the end Tyrion and Sandor might grudgingly work together, a typical Martinesque turn - if Sandor ever shows up again outside the QI. To die a badass death, but dead nonetheless.

i always kind of wondered the same thing with the hound and tyrion. for as shitty as the lannisters treated him, they all seemed to respect him in a weird, condescending way. for anyone who hasnt read the books this quick list isnt spoiling anything, just some stuff the show didnt touch upon...

- jaime says a couple nice things about sandor as a fighter, and we all know how cocky he is/was when it came to respecting other fighters.

- cersei and joffrey let him openly defy orders a couple times including being kingsguard without being a knight. its a bigger deal than it sounds. hell, boros blount of all people even felt the need to try and speak up against it.

- cersei says that joffrey idolizes the hound despite the way he talks down to him.

- cersei tries to talk up the kettleblacks as being better than the hound but flips when she finds out that tyrion is taking the hound from joffreys side, and leaving the kettleblacks, for the blackwater battle.

- to go along with the last one, tyrion recognizes that he needs the hound to lead his ground attack against stannis.

those are just some quick things off the top of my head, but sandor is a much smarter character than he gets credit for, he definitely recognizes things like this. besides being his sigil, he also earned the nickname hound for his unquestioned loyalty pre-agot. i think that when he started to disobey orders, no matter how small they started as, he also realized he could get away with it and start thinking for himself more. a lot of that also came with the arrival of sansa and subtly protecting her. 

sandor knows that they only respect him with a sword in his hand. its not just the lannisters, its pretty much all of westeros. thats a big reason that he develops the hound persona (for lack of a better word) over time, along with his facial scars, because he knows thats how the world views him so why not embrace it. be the big, scary a-hole murderer that everyone thinks he is. anyway, so ya, i never understood why tyrion seemed to get singled out. he doesnt really treat sandor much better or worse than anyone else in kings landing yet sandor f-ing hates him.

i dont know if well ever get an answer why he hates tyrion more than others. my best guess is its jealousy. he probably feels like tyrion should be in the same boat as he is as they are kind of similar with being social outcasts. the hound has had to fight for his life for what little respect he can get while tyrion hides behind his fathers gold and last name to mock others and move up in power, at least initially until we learn that tyrion does have a mind to rule. book tyrion is supposed to be disgusting too. he doesnt look like a normal little person, hes pretty damn ugly. sandor constantly brings up how he hates that no one can look him in the face but people still do for tyrion. gregor caused the hound to look the way he does and tyrion was born that way. neither had control over their situations but tyrion gets somewhat of a pass while sandor is further ridiculed. things like that. in the books, sandor is also calm for the most part at the crossroads inn until he learns that tyrion has married sansa. thats pretty much what causes him to flip out. on top of already hating tyrion, he got something the hound wanted (whether thats as just protecting sansa or something more, i dont know). 

not sure if tyrion and the hound will meet up again. if the hound does return, which to me does seem likely, it should revolve around sansa, cersei and robert strong. so it could leave the door open to another meeting with the two. 

in the books, sandor is also calm for the most part at the crossroads inn until he learns that tyrion has married sansa. thats pretty much what causes him to flip out. on top of already hating tyrion, he got something the hound wanted (whether thats as just protecting sansa or something more, i dont know). 

I think that was setup for Sandor finding out that Sansa was forced to marry Tyrion, but that wasn't in the show, because they did away with the marriage. So Arya and Sandor never found out about it, because it doesn't matter anymore. The show moved past that.

Sandor was talking about himself as a boy when he was talking about being defenseless, that's about what Gregor did to him, and he had just rescued Sansa, and he went on to rescue Arya. The meaning is underneath his words. He was afraid of the fire then, and Sansa even called that out, that he was thinking about his brother.

Tyrion did actually treat him worse, he sent him out into the fire. And he knew he was afraid, he noted that Sandor was afraid of fire during the rescue, too. But he sent him out into the battle anyway, and the fire was his idea. And then Sandor lost everything. GRRM said something similar about this...

I think the next thing for Sandor is what's going on with Littlefinger. They are right near each other in the books, and it looks like there's more filming in the Vale next season, too. And they had him walk right up to the Bloody Gate, at some point, they may just make sense of that, too.

Here's perhaps the Vale filming tweet:

https://twitter.com/Tavnaghoney/status/622157140430585856

I think that was setup for Sandor finding out that Sansa was forced to marry Tyrion, but that wasn't in the show, because they did away with the marriage. So Arya and Sandor never found out about it, because it doesn't matter anymore. The show moved past that.

Sandor was talking about himself as a boy when he was talking about being defenseless, that's about what Gregor did to him, and he had just rescued Sansa, and he went on to rescue Arya. The meaning is underneath his words. He was afraid of the fire then, and Sansa even called that out, that he was thinking about his brother.

Tyrion did actually treat him worse, he sent him out into the fire. And he knew he was afraid, he noted that Sandor was afraid of fire during the rescue, too. But he sent him out into the battle anyway, and the fire was his idea. And then Sandor lost everything. GRRM said something similar about this...

I think the next thing for Sandor is what's going on with Littlefinger. They are right near each other in the books, and it looks like there's more filming in the Vale next season, too. And they had him walk right up to the Bloody Gate, at some point, they may just make sense of that, too.

Here's perhaps the Vale filming tweet:

https://twitter.com/Tavnaghoney/status/622157140430585856

o ok. i couldnt remember if tyrion knew the hound was afraid of fire before he set off the wildfire. 

it would make sense for the hound to return in the vale though. was going to quote a previous post where someone tweeted that they saw the hound and bronns actors leaving for glasgow but then realized that was also you lol. in terms of the show, that would be a decent way for bronn to travel but the hound is conveniently close to the vale being at the QI. makes me anxious to find out how the show will tie up all these plot points. i hope we dont get an anti-climactic scene where the hound just shows up at the bloody gate. 

o ok. i couldnt remember if tyrion knew the hound was afraid of fire before he set off the wildfire. 

Tyrion realized that Sandor was afraid of fire when he observed Sandor's reaction during Blackwater and understood why he did not want to go back. Before he only saw the scars but he did not know more than anyone else about Sandor's trauma.

it would make sense for the hound to return in the vale though. was going to quote a previous post where someone tweeted that they saw the hound and bronns actors leaving for glasgow but then realized that was also you lol. in terms of the show, that would be a decent way for bronn to travel but the hound is conveniently close to the vale being at the QI. makes me anxious to find out how the show will tie up all these plot points. i hope we dont get an anti-climactic scene where the hound just shows up at the bloody gate. 

Yeah, he knew before that, right after Sandor rescued Sansa from the mob:

For half a heartbeat, Tyrion thought he glimpsed fear in the Hound's dark eyes. Fire, he realized. The Others take me. Of course he hates fire. He's tasted it too well.

I hope it's a good scene, too.

Here's another Rory sighting, he looks good (and super furry):

http://iconosquare.com/p/1040749804431598833_1150133320

I would hope that since Sandor is such a show favorite that D and D would show him healing his leg and mind at QI and then going to the Vale. Since now there will be 8 seasons of the show, I think they can afford to do Sandor some justice and not just throw him into the story without some good QI time. Maybe he can eat some more chicken too. :)

Le Cygne, you just spoil me with the updates on Rory! I got to say I love his beard!

If Sandor "comes back" he would need extremely good writing and I'd think less would be more. I guess we have seen the best of Sandor already.
If the show simply repeats that wonderful Sandor/Arya roadmovie with now Sandor/Sansa, the other sister - and all the comedy aspects lying into a lady sleeping in hedges and mudholes - then it could get stale, indeed a joke told twice. And for Sansa's story this would mean that she gets saved and dragged around again - to where, I wonder. To the wall she could get by herself, the girl on a dying horse.
If McCann comes back it should be for not more than one important moment (where he might die or return to the QI afterwards in peace) and the plot preparation for it. But not with a storyline as surrogate daddy for yet another girl, continuing what we have seen already.

Though imagine: Sansa has a child and Sandor takes the baby to wherever safety (promise me, Sandor... )him changing nappies etc..:D. Hugely funny but too much comic relief maybe.
Let dramatic actress Turner have a dramatic storyline, hero or villain, apart from getting dragged around.

Archived