Every chicken in this place.

The Lash

I would hope that since Sandor is such a show favorite that D and D would show him healing his leg and mind at QI and then going to the Vale. Since now there will be 8 seasons of the show, I think they can afford to do Sandor some justice and not just throw him into the story without some good QI time. Maybe he can eat some more chicken too. :)

Le Cygne, you just spoil me with the updates on Rory! I got to say I love his beard!

He was on the QI equivalent in the off season, a whole season of R and R. Although I wouldn't mind if Stranger bit off someone's ear, just saying. Someone... who bit off his master's ear... turnabout is fair play.

I bet Sansa will be mad when she finds out what Brienne the Brute did. This would have been great to see:

http://chryswatchesgot.tumblr.com/post/117063185527/full-recap

I always wondered if Stranger would be jealous of Sansa. During the riot, Sandor saved Sansa then Stranger, he has his priorities. Stranger has to know Sansa is number one. He either joins the Sansa Appreciation Society, or he's out.

I always wondered if Stranger would be jealous of Sansa. During the riot, Sandor saved Sansa then Stranger, he has his priorities. Stranger has to know Sansa is number one. He either joins the Sansa Appreciation Society, or he's out.

:lol:

Nah, Stranger can take care of himself. Like "Go and save the bloody girl, Hound. I'm not some bloody lady in bloody distress" *kicks rioters*

He was on the QI equivalent in the off season, a whole season of R and R. Although I wouldn't mind if Stranger bit off someone's ear, just saying. Someone... who bit off his master's ear... turnabout is fair play.

I bet Sansa will be mad when she finds out what Brienne the Brute did. This would have been great to see:

I wouldn't have expected to do this and post here, but...

the link's hilarious! :lmao:

I think one of my friends showed me another "individual recap" some time ago.

EDIth: I just realized I posted here already. :leaving:

:lol:

Nah, Stranger can take care of himself. Like "Go and save the bloody girl, Hound. I'm not some bloody lady in bloody distress" *kicks rioters*

That's perfect. Stranger is one of my favorite character in the books. He's like the only smart one in the whole series.

There's this, too, the Bloody Gate scene:

http://skyisawake.tumblr.com/post/87921142800/i-hesitated-about-making-this-but-in-the-end-was

Sandor is definitely my favorite character. I think we will see good action and development of his story in both books and show. I too doubt any fight with Gregor. Sandor is a big guy though, and fighters have fallen fast in this series, books and show. Having someone who can do the big action scenes for the show would be good. And McCann isn't only good at that and comedy, he can do the leading man stuff too. Sansa's big kill is coming and my crackpot has always been that it will be in Sandor's defense. And we HAVE to see some closure on the unkiss. I know the show hasn't had that, but maybe it doesn't need it since they can just, you know, kiss.

Many people name their swords, few name their horses.  Sandor gave his a name, Stranger.

We will see Sandor and Stranger (and his bits) again, both on and off screen, I believe.  Otherwise, all those chickens will have died in vain!!!   :tantrum:

And we HAVE to see some closure on the unkiss. I know the show hasn't had that, but maybe it doesn't need it since they can just, you know, kiss.

Yes to this. You can see in this clip, they have LF and Sansa walking up to the Bloody Gate the same way as Sandor and Arya. And there's a dissolve at the end of the clip (the scene with Sansa in bed) to indicate a dream, in the books she dreamed of Sandor in bed with her asking for a song after listening to Lysa sing. And more... There were lots of little things like this in season 4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qafMsdPLDhM

Many people name their swords, few name their horses.  Sandor gave his a name, Stranger.

But they've never called him that! Are they saving this for something, or what. They did the same thing with Drogon, and then they finally had Dany call him that. Maisie knows Stranger's name, she said it in an interview at some point. So maybe it was in the scripts.

LF and Sansa walking up to the Bloody Gate the same way as Sandor and Arya. And there's a dissolve at the end of the clip (the scene with Sansa in bed) to indicate a dream, in the books she dreamed of Sandor in bed with her asking for a song after listening to Lysa sing. And more... There were lots of little things like this in season 4...

With a reach like that you'd fit right in with the Tyrells. :P

There's definitely a dissolve in that scene. And, as Le Cygne points out, that's where her sexy dream of Sandor is. So, I'd say it's a book reader's little hint moment that here in lies the dream of the Hound. 

I sure don't think from a show standpoint that Sansa was dreaming of either Littlefinger (who was banging her Aunt) or her husband Tyrion (who she indicated she did not want). Who else is there? Pretty boy Loras and more fodder to laugh at stupid Sansa? 

For that matter, since Stupid Sansa and her Loras fawning, we have not had a single moment in which Sansa is shown to have any thoughts about who she might want. And I am including her kisses with Littlefinger, which I do not take as being initiated by or wanted by show Sansa. 

There's definitely a dissolve in that scene. And, as Le Cygne points out, that's where her sexy dream of Sandor is. So, I'd say it's a book reader's little hint moment that here in lies the dream of the Hound.

Yes, they definitely set up More To Come.

Also there there's the question of who will play Septon Meribrother. And will there be Dog? Or will he be left behind in the books. He would be a good addition to the show, methinks.

I think that Rory is a fan favorite still and with the casting of Septon Meribald/Elder Brother (I like Septon Meribrother!) that Rory will come back on the show...and I dread that it is for Cleganebowl. I really hope they don't drag Sandor back from the QI just to kill him in the show but after last season, it wouldn't surprise me.

In books, I think GRRM will only bring him back if he plays an important role for the endgame of the series. As of right now, Sandor has found some sort of solace that he has not gotten in life.

In short, D and D will bring him back for fan service and GRRM will probably leave him on the QI. D and D hopefully will not just bring him back to kill him off though, once and for all.

Edited for spelling

GRRM has already brought him back, though. And he brought him back because he plays an important role. He would have just killed him off, not created an entire island filled with people just to say, hey, he's alive, and that's all. Who else has he done that for? No one. He could have accomplished the same thing with Brienne meeting Septon Meribald at an inn. And that's not really peace for him, not the way he's been written.

There's every sign Sandor has told the Elder Brother all about Sansa, so he knows how he feels about her, too. He said all a man needs is a woman, and now it's peace to spend his life celibate? And he's very close to Sansa in the books. And on the show, they had him walk right up to her gate. And lots of setup along those lines, she was his one happy memory. GRRM wrote a scene where he basically just looked at Sansa, and he called it beautiful. I quoted upthread where they said he was attracted to her, and he's the right height to play against her and there's much more to come with their relationship. And he's a talkative guy, so he can't talk anymore? And there's no sign of a religious conversion, but he's with a bunch of people who pray all day? So peace for Sandor is celibate, mute, and praying all day? I don't think that's what the story is telling us.

He doesn't appear to be at peace. The Elder Brother said Stranger has his nature, and Stranger is kicking up a fuss. He clearly is not happy there. They tried to polish him into Driftwood, get him to conform, and he refused. Why spend all this time telling us about Stranger, if that doesn't mean something. And Sandor tosses dirt at the feet of what he takes to be two passing knights (Brienne and Hyle Hunt). He's Sandor Clegane, he knows how to aim a clod of dirt.

I think the reason the show is bringing him back is that his role is important, so important, they couldn't cut him. They cut a lot of characters, but not him. They put him in the main cast from the start. Will they mess up his story, probably. But I think it's a good sign that they are bringing him back. They said, after he supposedly died, "I would hope you can't help but love the Hound a little" and there has to be a reason. Just like there's a reason for the boatload of setup with Sansa for 4 seasons. All these little things, and I could name a bunch, are deliberate, they do that for all the characters, these are classic film techniques (visual parallels, for example). And now they are casting this combination character that was there in the story to take Brienne to Sandor/to rescue Sandor. They wouldn't do this and all of the above just to have him fight his brother and die.

Anyone could die, but I wouldn't worry about him dying so much I wouldn't enjoy the rest of his story. :)

(That got rather long, sorry. I just meant to cheer you up!)

I think that Rory is a fan favorite still and with the casting of Septon Meribald/Elder Brother (I like Septon Meribrother!) that Rory will come back on the show...and I dread that it is for Cleganebowl. I really hope they don't drag Sandor back from the QI just to kill him in the show but after last season, it wouldn't surprise me.

In books, I think GRRM will only bring him back if he plays an important role for the endgame of the series. As of right now, Sandor has found some sort of solace that he has not gotten in life.

In short, D and D will bring him back for fan service and GRRM will probably leave him on the QI. D and D hopefully will not just bring him back to kill him off though, once and for all.

Edited for spelling

We don't hear from the Gravedigger that he has found solace, or peace, or a religious conversion or anything else.  We're told he's a novice, and a novice can still easily leave as final vows and commitments have yet been made.   That said, I don't think his healing time on the QI is at all wasted; physically and psychically he's in the right place.  For now.

As for Cleganebowl, in the show, yeah, I can see it happening, and m'eh!.  In the books, no way, he's already fought his brother and bested fire in his fight with Dondarrion.   He has other things to do.

GRRM has already brought him back, though. And he brought him back because he plays an important role. He would have just killed him off, not created an entire island filled with people just to say, hey, he's alive, and that's all. Who else has he done that for? No one. He could have accomplished the same thing with Brienne meeting Septon Meribald at an inn. And that's not really peace for him, not the way he's been written.

There's every sign Sandor has told the Elder Brother all about Sansa, so he knows how he feels about her, too. He said all a man needs is a woman, and now it's peace to spend his life celibate? And he's very close to Sansa in the books. And on the show, they had him walk right up to her gate. And lots of setup along those lines, she was his one happy memory. GRRM wrote a scene where he basically just looked at Sansa, and he called it beautiful. I quoted upthread where they said he was attracted to her, and he's the right height to play against her and there's much more to come with their relationship. And he's a talkative guy, so he can't talk anymore? And there's no sign of a religious conversion, but he's with a bunch of people who pray all day? So peace for Sandor is celibate, mute, and praying all day? I don't think that's what the story is telling us.

He doesn't appear to be at peace. The Elder Brother said Stranger has his nature, and Stranger is kicking up a fuss. He clearly is not happy there. They tried to polish him into Driftwood, get him to conform, and he refused. Why spend all this time telling us about Stranger, if that doesn't mean something. And Sandor tosses dirt at the feet of what he takes to be two passing knights (Brienne and Hyle Hunt). He's Sandor Clegane, he knows how to aim a clod of dirt.

I think the reason the show is bringing him back is that his role is important, so important, they couldn't cut him. They cut a lot of characters, but not him. They put him in the main cast from the start. Will they mess up his story, probably. But I think it's a good sign that they are bringing him back. They said, after he supposedly died, "I would hope you can't help but love the Hound a little" and there has to be a reason. Just like there's a reason for the boatload of setup with Sansa for 4 seasons. All these little things, and I could name a bunch, are deliberate, they do that for all the characters, these are classic film techniques (visual parallels, for example). And now they are casting this combination character that was there in the story to take Brienne to Sandor/to rescue Sandor. They wouldn't do this and all of the above just to have him fight his brother and die.

Anyone could die, but I wouldn't worry about him dying so much I wouldn't enjoy the rest of his story. :)

Many, many good points here. 

Archived