Every chicken in this place.

The Lash

There's definitely a dissolve in that scene. And, as Le Cygne points out, that's where her sexy dream of Sandor is. So, I'd say it's a book reader's little hint moment that here in lies the dream of the Hound. 

~~~~snip~~~~

Hey Karmarni!  Long time no see!  Nice to run into you again.   :cheers:

We don't hear from the Gravedigger that he has found solace, or peace, or a religious conversion or anything else.  We're told he's a novice, and a novice can still easily leave as final vows and commitments have yet been made.   That said, I don't think his healing time on the QI is at all wasted; physically and psychically he's in the right place.  For now.

As for Cleganebowl, in the show, yeah, I can see it happening, and m'eh!.  In the books, no way, he's already fought his brother and bested fire in his fight with Dondarrion.   He has other things to do.

Agreed! But he's had season 5 for R&R, so I think he's about ready to enter the rest of the story again.

Agreed! But he's had season 5 for R&R, so I think he's about ready to enter the rest of the story again.

Yes, both in books and show, Sandor will soon be back in the story methinks.  He has strong connections with the Stark girls and his name to clear.  Important business!

Yes, both in books and show, Sandor will soon be back in the story methinks. He has strong connections with the Stark girls and his name to clear. Important business!

I'm thinking fighting the Others, too. I want to see him kick some Other butt. Starks need help.

I'm thinking fighting the Others, too. I want to see him kick some Other butt. Starks need help.

Starks are not the main ones potentially fighting the Others. Actually it would be a half Stark and likely half Targaeryen, a complete Targaeryen and a half Lannister and potentially half Targaeryen who would carry the burden.
And yes, I can see Sandor having a place in that storyline since he could die that heroic death awaiting himafter after QI when he overcomes his fire trauma.

Ha!  I like it, and Gendry can forge him a new sword.  Valarian steel anyone?

Ha!  I like it, and Gendry can forge him a new sword.  Valarian steel anyone?

That would be awesome, he said he always wanted to get his hands on Valyrian steel. While defending Arya, he held some in his hands, like Catelyn did while defending Bran. They spent a LOT of time setting him up as Team Stark. On a personal level, so there's more to his story than fighting, but he's one of the best, and he'll be defending them, I'll wager.

That would be awesome, he said he always wanted to get his hands on Valyrian steel. While defending Arya, he held some in his hands, like Catelyn did while defending Bran. They spent a LOT of time setting him up as Team Stark. On a personal level, so there's more to his story than fighting, but he's one of the best, and he'll be defending them, I'll wager.

In the book, it would be great if he were to [spoiler] show up at the Vale's tourney and knock Harry the Heir on his hairy ass! [/spoiler]

(That got rather long, sorry. I just meant to cheer you up!)

You did! You have faith he is coming back and it is rubbing off on me. I like it! You made a good point about GRRM making a whole island for Sandor. I am reading the books now and I am on AFFC, so I am excited to read about our favorite Gravedigger.

Sandor Clegane has been set up in the books and show as a Stark defender. I think that has to come into play more once he makes his reappearance.

Plus Rory will be excellent showing Sandor as he continues growing as a character. I still wouldn't mind him saying some sassy one liners every once in awhile as well.

You did! You have faith he is coming back and it is rubbing off on me. I like it! You made a good point about GRRM making a whole island for Sandor. I am reading the books now and I am on AFFC, so I am excited to read about our favorite Gravedigger.

Well, we can always be disappointed later. But it does seem like an awful lot they have put into setting things up. And like you say, Rory is doing such a great job. I wonder if the extra furry look is to show time has passed, and he's been under cover all this time. My greatest fear was they would shear him, that would not be very beastly looking.

In the book, it would be great if he were to [spoiler] show up at the Vale's tourney and knock Harry the Heir on his hairy ass! [/spoiler]

That would be cool! He won then only other real tourney she saw. He also fought in the tournament of gnats on the show. That's when he covered for her. And when he almost fell from his horse at the other tourney, she gasped. But then he made Jaime fall off his horse, onto his head! [spoiler]And now she wants Harry to fall on his head. I wonder if Sandor is well enough, his leg, then again, Harry doesn't sound like he's very good at this sort of thing.[/spoiler]

(Oh, come to think of it, I think it's been a couple of months. So that's good for the leg.)

That would be cool! He won then only other real tourney she saw. He also fought in the tournament of gnats on the show. That's when he covered for her. And when he almost fell from his horse at the other tourney, she gasped. But then he made Jaime fall off his horse, onto his head! [spoiler]And now she wants Harry to fall on his head. I wonder if Sandor is well enough, his leg, then again, Harry doesn't sound like he's very good at this sort of thing.[/spoiler]

(Oh, come to think of it, I think it's been a couple of months. So that's good for the leg.)

GRRM's not stuck on timelines, and GOT is even worse!  Beside, an entire season has passed, so the leg should good to go.  :)

Archived